Why GOD and RIA cancelled on Nemesis

Blacky

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Oh thank you I was about to go get all upset at yet another thread being in the wrong spot. Seriously people, it's not that hard.

IC: I don't have anything polite to say about any of the participants in this maybe-drama, except RIA have never struck me as the overly dick-ish "kill them because we can" types and if this is really the state of Nemesis gov these days then the real question is why only RIA and GOD have canceled so far.

Protip: I've since resigned from government but that's irrelevent.

At the time we notified our allies and let them know of the reasons. They all agreed with us that it was ridiculous.

[19:40] <Bob> we arent disbanding

[19:40] <Bob> an alliance.

[19:41] <~Xiphosis[GOD]> Don't then

[19:41] <~Xiphosis[GOD]> Hell, I'm not asking anyone to do anything

[19:41] <~Xiphosis[GOD]> I'm just letting everyone know what GOD's gonna do, I don't mind being the evil **** in the room

If that's true, then why didn't Xiphosis not let them surrender like he said he was going to do? This doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I'm not saying it's not true, because I'm sure it could be and you don't seem like the type to make up logs, especially not this in depth, however, that doesn't change the fact that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

If that's true, then why didn't Xiphosis not let them surrender like he said he was going to do? This doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I'm not saying it's not true, because I'm sure it could be and you don't seem like the type to make up logs, especially not this in depth, however, that doesn't change the fact that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

AB had more than one treaty partner. While Xiphosis may be tactless, he's not completely inept.

At that point AB was weakened considerably. I suppose it had to do with the political climate at the time. Xiphosis didn't want to be seen as being the sole conspirator in a forced disbandment so they backed out. In turn, they put it to a vote and cancelled our treaty.

GOD could have single-handedly kept AB at ZI indefinitely if they had tried. As cute as the "You only failed because we bailed!" line is, it's not rooted in anything remotely related to fact.

"You only failed because we bailed!" You seem to be unable to read, I do not recall saying that, I merely said that Nemesis refusal to support GOD could have been the bases for the treaty to be cancelled

GOD could have forced whatever the hell they wanted on AB without Nemesis' "approval." Also, could you please explain to me this tendency RIA has that I've never seen despite being allied to them for over a year now? Please, enlighten me.

GOD would not have been able to enforce anything they wanted, as they did not force AB to disband as they wanted, Also if you have been allied to RIA for so long and have not see that tendency, I guess you never really care about your allies.

Edited by Timeline

At that point AB was weakened considerably. I suppose it had to do with the political climate at the time. Xiphosis didn't want to be seen as being the sole conspirator in a forced disbandment so they backed out. In turn, they put it to a vote and cancelled our treaty.

Yes, because Xiphosis doesn't do anything unless he's sure that he'll come out looking like the good guy and pretty much bases everything he does off of PR. Right? :rolleyes:

GOD would not have been able to enforce anything they wanted, in the light of the fact they did not force AB to disband as they wanted, Also if you have been allied to RIA for so long and have not see that tendency, I guess you never really care about your allies.

I can pretty well guarantee that GOD would have been able enforce what they wanted without Nemesis' support.

Oh and I'm sure that I don't care about my allies because I happen to know for a fact that they don't blindly follow people. It couldn't be that I simply know them better than you do and have actually worked with them many times on issues large and small. No, your potshot sounds like it makes more sense.

I can pretty well guarantee that GOD would have been able enforce what they wanted without Nemesis' support

There were other alliances involved we all did not agree with Xiphosis' reasoning for the forceful disbandment of AB. Again, both sets of logs have been posted both the cancellation and the discussion that went on at the time.

Yes, because Xiphosis doesn't do anything unless he's sure that he'll come out looking like the good guy and pretty much bases everything he does off of PR. Right? :rolleyes:

I can pretty well guarantee that GOD would have been able enforce what they wanted without Nemesis' support.

There were other alliances involved we all did not agree with Xiphosis' reasoning for the forceful disbandment of AB. Again, both sets of logs have been posted both the cancellation and the discussion that went on at the time.
Oh and I'm sure that I don't care about my allies because I happen to know for a fact that they don't blindly follow people. It couldn't be that I simply know them better than you do and have actually worked with them many times on issues large and small. No, your potshot sounds like it makes more sense.

Ahhhh I see, your alliance have been allied to RIA for almost a year, maybe I am mistaken but your alliance is new is it not.

Hell what do I know, maybe been Spartan Gov and dealing with RIA is not the same as when you are a small alliance dealing with RIA, things do not look the same to everyone.

Edited by Timeline

We cancelled our treaty with Nemesis because we didn't know any of their gov and never had any contact with them. GOD's decision to cancel their treaty didn't come into it.

And this is coming from someone who is definitely not GOD's butt-buddy.

This should be a fun thread though :popcorn:

Ahhhh I see, your alliance have been allied to RIA for almost a year, maybe I am mistaken but your alliance is new is it not.

Hell what do I know, maybe been Spartan Gov and dealing with RIA is not the same as when you are a small alliance dealing with RIA, things do not look the same to everyone.

How dare you accuse the mighty eporor Delta1212 of being a follower!

Why didn't they?

Because obviously, Nemesis was the final deciding factor. Without them our hopes and dreams of forced disbandment were crushed.

Thank you, Nemesis, for stopping yet another heinous plot in the soap opera that is Cybernations.

Believe it or not though we didn't force AB to disband. Hell, we negotiated terms with them and they were very cordial with completing it.

edit: silly words

Edited by Mixoux

Are you invoking the Chewbacca defence or something? Because at this point that seems like nothing but indecipherable drivel.

GOD (Xiphosis in particular) wanted to see AB forcefully disbanded and wanted Nemesis to take part in it. We refused to bloody our hands with the death of another alliance, and so the treaties were cancelled.

Xiphosis obviously didn't want it that badly, because if he had, then they'd still be in war, wouldn't they?

The logs are not really putting any strength to any viewpoint. Xiph wanted to disband AB at one point during the war. Apparently cooler heads prevailed and he abandoned that task.

As a fallout of the war, GOD came to the realization that Nemesis and GOD are not really on the same path and enacted a cancellation clause. The logs do not prove any of the accusations and merely show some of the reasons why GOD and Nemesis should no longer be allied.

I really don't see the point of the OP other than to stir up retired arguments.

Because obviously, Nemesis was the final deciding factor. Without them our hopes and dreams of forced disbandment were crushed.

Again, there were other alliances involved who disagreed with Xiphosis' reasoning for the attempted forced disbandment of AB.

IC: I don't have anything polite to say about any of the participants in this maybe-drama, except RIA have never struck me as the overly dick-ish "kill them because we can" types and if this is really the state of Nemesis gov these days then the real question is why only RIA and GOD have canceled so far.

Hi, Blacky isn't in Nemesis Gov anymore. And Nemesis Gov certainly didn't sanction this.

What's done is done, I have no hard feelings towards RIA or GOD.

Hello over simplification.

As someone whose signature was on the RIA/Nemesis treaty I know that the main reason it was signed was the trust in the original tri of Nemesis, so when they all left it only stands to reason that the treaty would not be far behind.

What I see from those logs is that after fighting alongside Nemesis Xiph felt that GOD and Nemesis were too different to hold that treaty and it seems GOD as a whole agreed.

Are you really this drama starved Blacky?

Again, there were other alliances involved who disagreed with Xiphosis' reasoning for the attempted forced disbandment of AB.

Yeah, there were. But so far you've been the only one to make a callout thread about it months after the war ended.

I really don't see the point of the OP other than to stir up retired arguments.

My interpretation of this entire thread was it was really just a convenient way to deliver the following tidbit to the world now that they feel thrown aside.

Xiph wanted to disband AB at one point during the war..

In terms of dirty laundry it's falls a bit short of amusing but in the scenario GOD were to condemn some other disbandment attempt in the future it could come back to haunt them in terms of bad press, giving a hand hold for trolls, for awhile to come. Meh, most people are well aware they're not saints already.

GOD came to the realization that Nemesis and GOD are not really on the same path.

Yes, Nemesis was never going to be apart of the forced disbandment of an alliance. In light of this shocking revelation, GOD moved to cancel the treaty with us. However, they waited for a month or two after the war had ended so as not to "break unity in the middle of the war".

How is this different to what I have said?

However, they waited for a month or two after the war had ended so as not to "break unity in the middle of the war".

Well, would you have rather we canceled mid-way and not defended you should you have been countered? Believe it or not we weren't about to leave a treaty partner out in the cold in the middle of battle because of differences like that. Had anything have happened to Nemesis on a new front, we still had the treaty.

Regardless of how you feel about our morals and what not, we decided to wait until peace before shredding the paper. No malicious or sneaky undertones there.