Cybernations Fantasy Draft

Kim Jaym Il

So...Ivan owes him respect for never making an impression on him, or something?

This is the guy that lead an alliance that became the first and only hyperpower in the games history, and well...Frankly is just badass. Impressing him, would, I think, take something pretty damn good.

He was kind of right, Ivan hasn't done anything particularly special since I'm playing this game.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why in the world are people putting ivan as minister of defense?

Because he was a member of the War Council and had some other military rank during GWII-III iirc. Also...

Some speak with words. I speak with tanks.

((I think I got that quote right))

The mans words are tanks. They drive out of his mouth and enslave people. Seriously.

Edited by WalkerNinja

Why in the world are people putting ivan as minister of defense?

No clue.

Here's my choices for govt, based off of a generic system.

Emperor/King/President/etc: Myself (It's my ego, so sue me)

2nd in Command: VektorZero

Minister of FA: Hizzy

Minister of Defense: Anthony or WarriorConcept

Minister of Economics: Penguin or NotSane

Minister of IA: KahlanRahl

Nominal Figurehead (think King/Queen of England in modern times): Ivan

Advisors: Chim, IAT, Merger, Bama

This is based off of my experiences with each person. Only reason MoD and MoE have 2 people is because both would do well and I couldn't rightfully decide.

Because he was a member of the War Council and had some other military rank during GWII-III iirc. Also...

The mans words are tanks. They drive out of his mouth and enslave people. Seriously.

Ivan is a very aggressive politician. His role in Pacifica during the early part of Moo's reign was to lead the Order in times of war and to handle negotiations, that kind of thing.

However, if you're expecting him to organize and manage the actual military during times of war or peace, you're a fool who's clearly never dealt with him, and just put him up their because everyone else does.

Ivan is a very aggressive politician. His role in Pacifica during the early part of Moo's reign was to lead the Order in times of war and to handle negotiations, that kind of thing.

However, if you're expecting him to organize and manage the actual military during times of war or peace, you're a fool who's clearly never dealt with him, and just put him up their because everyone else does.

Hmmm...

You'll note that I didn't pick him for a MoD. I was explaining why others have. You need to revisit your NSO "stirring things up" Guide. You are meant to come off as menacing and aloof, and you're doing it wrong.

Feel free to try again some other time.

No, he was Emperor. Then he was Imperator Emeritus. During GWII and after, he was nominally the Commandant of the Pacific Army, however, that was just a title. Anthony, and others in the MilCom, such as SirWilliam, Seerow, and myself did the work. Ivan is a leader above else, and an exceptional one at that, but you're mistaken if you think he had much doing in the military.

No, he was Emperor. Then he was Imperator Emeritus. During GWII and after, he was nominally the Commandant of the Pacific Army, however, that was just a title. Anthony, and others in the MilCom, such as SirWilliam, Seerow, and myself did the work. Ivan is a leader above else, and an exceptional one at that, but you're mistaken if you think he had much doing in the military.

This is what I was thinking of. I wasn't certain exactly what that title implied (and I'm kind of an old-timer here now), and I could see how others could confuse that title with the work of actual Milcom if they saw it. I'm fairly familiar with the fact that Ivan Moldavi has little mastery of the mechanical aspects of this game, I stated so in my expansive essay on interalliance political evolution. This is a trait shared with many renowned leaders of his era that immigrated from "Othergame" (Electron Sponge, Pingu, others).

This is what I was thinking of. I wasn't certain exactly what that title implied (and I'm kind of an old-timer here now), and I could see how others could confuse that title with the work of actual Milcom if they saw it. I'm fairly familiar with the fact that Ivan Moldavi has little mastery of the mechanical aspects of this game, I stated so in my expansive essay on interalliance political evolution. This is a trait shared with many renowned leaders of his era that immigrated from "Othergame" (Electron Sponge, Pingu, others).

True enough. I am a good person to have around during times of conflict because I can type reasonably well and post up inspiring speeches and propaganda that gets the blood pumping, pushing the bloodlust, etc.

As to the comments above about Van Hoo, I just asked a question because I saw his name several times along with many others and didn't recognize it. If you say he did so much more than me here in CN, good for you and good for him. I don't really care. I bet he knew my name though. :P

Yeah, I found him on the wiki.

Well, good for him. Never heard of him.

Those who are unheard of usually are the best at what they do. All these 'popular people' who held government positions in 'popular alliances' aren't known for their skill, just their place. Van Hoo had many skills which many will never have, even those some consider amazing at their positions merely because they are well known will never be as great as others are.

Just wish the people would know more about the people they'd chose in their government before throwing them on there :P

Those who are unheard of usually are the best at what they do. All these 'popular people' who held government positions in 'popular alliances' aren't known for their skill, just their place. Van Hoo had many skills which many will never have, even those some consider amazing at their positions merely because they are well known will never be as great as others are.

Ivan is pretty popular, as is Archon, and I'm completely sure both of them have many more skills than Hoo. I personally liked the man while he was head of Ragnarok, but there are much better leaders than he.

I will take this opportunity to ignore completely the restriction of 3 maximum current alliance-mates; it would not be my "dream team" without several of them -- however, it's also not a carbon-copy of the current government by a long shot.

Monarchy

Kaiser: Kingzog (he's generally considered the best Kaiser NoR ever had)

Kronprinz: Myself (I rather like being second-in-command)

Cabinet

Recruitment: Erik (was recruiter for a while for NoR in another game and did a great job)

Interior: Wartides14 (he lives and dies by protocol, haha)

Foreign Minister: Hizzy and pd73bassman (it seems like something they'd do well together)

Reichsgeneral: Chiftelos (organization and discipline are his strong points)

Reichsbanker: Myworld and PuliSher (I've seen outstanding efforts from both in organizing commerce)

Security: Electron Sponge (worked with him for a short time in Vox; he knows what he's doing)

Culture and Propaganda: Sigurd Odinnson (excellent knack for organization and building an identity) and Schattenmann (Editor-in-Chief for obvious reasons)

Legislative

Althing: Shurukian, Kaiser Martens, UnLimited, XRCatD, Sithis/GenPinochet, Magnus Nordir, Isolde, Nemhauser, Starfox

As you might have noticed, I have avoided the convention of stuffing as many "big names" into one lineup as possible, as I have had little or no interaction on a personal or professional level with most of them. These are mostly people I have worked with in Nordreich, Norden Verein, and Vox Populi, along with a couple others -- Hizzy of Nueva Vida, Myworld of Dark Templar, Shurukian of The Sasori Initiative. I really wanted Doitzel in there somewhere (he's pretty great), but I'd have no idea where to stick him.

Edited by Vinzent Zeppelin

Trium: Frans Joseph

Trium: Rebel Virginia

Trium: Mpol

Defense: GanTanX

Interior: Emo Chile Curella

Finance: Azaghul

Marshall of Trolls: TBB

Marshall of Troll Marshall: Peggy Sue

Current TPF members excluded for reasons of obviousnisity.

Best Triumvirate ever. Frans Joseph is the most underrated player ever.

Emperor: New Frontier

Regent: Jaym

FA: Dilber

IA: Chimaera (We have our differences, but you're gawdly at recruiting and masking)

Defence: Kryievla (No question here, whastsoever)

Finance: Penguin

Propoganda: Schattenman

Senate: Dementual, Voodoo Nova, Princess Ro, Random, Nintenderek

Stayed away from Sith, for obvious reasons.

Me, Schatt, Dilber, Chimaera and Random, all in the same alliance government? Are you sure about this? Because I only see chaos coming from this line up.

Me, Schatt, Dilber, Chimaera and Random, all in the same alliance government? Are you sure about this? Because I only see chaos coming from this line up.

You would be killed off in the first episode.

I don't think anyone would try to find the culprit. :mellow:

As loyal as \m/e\m/bers tend to be, I'm a little surprised that I'm not seeing more people going with banned member.

Good point. A fun trium would be Chron, Rebel Virginia, and banned member.

Think of all the fun they would create.

as far as recruitment goes, I AM WITHOUT A DOUBT, THE BEST RECRUITER IN THE GAME. There's no questions asked and there's plenty of people that would vouch for this

No one can top Chimney for recruiting, really. :v: