Some news from Purple

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, uh, that's an interesting nomination. Not quite sure what to make of that.

He's one of the funniest people in Purple history, heh

Also, in a way, he might be the person who did the most for Purple unity. Not quite in the manner which he intended, though... but uniting against something is still uniting. :)

I find it amazing that 16 alliances (18 if you take Avalon and MASH who did not have the time to vote... and I apologize for it) can sign together such an announcement... Purple grows and grows united... Make fun of it if you want but the fact remains.

The sum of all the effort puts in this Unity is incredible... and everyone i've talked to are more than enthousiastic in continuing along this road...

Our common future is bright and fruitful !

Ahoy Purple !

I find it amazing that 16 alliances (18 if you take Avalon and MASH who did not have the time to vote... and I apologize for it) can sign together such an announcement... Purple grows and grows united... Make fun of it if you want but the fact remains.

The sum of all the effort puts in this Unity is incredible... and everyone i've talked to are more than enthousiastic in continuing along this road...

Our common future is bright and fruitful !

Ahoy Purple !

voting for some retarded awards means you're unified? hell i can spam all the maroon leaders and ask them to vote for some poll on someones forums

Matter of fact, we shall take a vote on how evil Stumpy is

Trying to be a bit clearer...

The process of voting was : Each alliance have one vote, they ask their membership to vote for each prizes (no self nomination) and then chose only one name for each prize. Then the jury took into account every alliance vote, do the quick math and pick the winners. The nominations have been posted on our common board.

So yeah, go ask your marroon leaders and post that on whatever forum you want...

As I said, facts remain. We wanted to involved every purple nations. Not to do a "gov fashion contest"... If that's what you heave seen, you're obviously wrong.

And please... do it on marroon.. could be fun to watch...

I find it funny how those posting in this thread making fun of purple and purple unity, come from aqua, one of the most disheartening, disfunctional and disorganized color spheres I have come to know personally...heck we couldn't even agree on a PIAT when I was aqua...for almost a year!!! Aqua's lack luster support for our DoE is what caused Olympus to leave aqua. There I said it. We had more Purple alliances congratulate us, wishing us luck than those in our home sphere...says alot to me right there. For those still there to poke fingers and chastise Purple, one of the more united spheres only proves my point further that you can't make it happen on your own sphere so you choose to poke fun at others...classy....

This thread last night tbh was pissing me off. The spotlight taken away from those that deserved these awards, the spotlight removed from those signing the PEACE Econ/ODP treaty. Then I realized...it was being removed by people that could never have what we have on purple. You could never have it, because unity means putting petty differences aside, concentrating on the good of the sphere and being a team, not focusing on the efforts of one or two individuals or even one or two alliances, but everyone. Those posting otherwise are in fact jealous of what we have, as they can never have what we do. True Unity. Until you have lived it, seen it and felt it, you have no idea what it is, nor understand it.

Bottom line, this isn't about votes for a most popular hair cut, or who worked the hardest...this is about recognizing those that have worked hard. You notice we not only posted the winners, but we posted those that got nominated. In my opinion, it wasn't just the winners, it was all of purple who won on this announcement. Three new alliances joining our ODP, and recognizing those that have worked hard to get purple where we are today.

Say what you want about Purple, heck say what you want about Olympus, for the only opinions that matter are those that we are in the alliance with, and those of our allies. Olympus is proud of her home, and I couldn't be prouder to be associated with those we are.

Congrats to all those mentioned in the first two posts. Your commitments to our family will be cherished and never forgotten.

o/ Purple

Contrary to what might be said, attacks on purple have little to do with it's unity and a lot more to do with the alliances making up that unity. Aqua may not be unified but it is a far stronger sphere with a lot better alliances.

Edited by Azaghul