tLC's way of techraiding: teasing and destroying a nation

Denniswerf

If the NSO was so keen on war then why did tLC and the rest of Frostbite crawl back this far the moment we actually stood up for Dennis.

I mean come on, at least give us some fun. Don't be the paper tiger you appear to be right now.

:facepalm:

Posts like this is the reason of this smile exist.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread started about spying and tech raiding by a tLC member. Then, it moved on to include FOK and how tLC and/or FOK are cowards. Then somehow NSO got dragged into this. Now we're decrying TOP for god knows what reason.

You're all stupid.

This thread started about spying and tech raiding by a tLC member. Then, it moved on to include FOK and how tLC and/or FOK are cowards. Then somehow NSO got dragged into this. Now we're decrying TOP for god knows what reason.

You're all stupid.

Best post of the thread.

Well said.

So what does that have to do with anything?

You suggested to Dr. Dan that he 'make the game interesting' when it's quite obvious from the various discussions of the dynamics of particular alliances in this game that TOP is an example of a stabilizing force (whether they want that or not) and that NSO is an example of a destabilizing force (whether you all want that or not). I personally people should stick with they got going on, and Dr. Dan isn't likely to buck his trend. Not really sure what that has to do with this incident other than that tLC is tied to NSO, but maybe it was the mudslinging going back and forth between the friends of either side that brought this up; I can't really tell.

You sure? I quite enjoy seeing empty posturing.

:facepalm:

Empty posturing?

FOK flat out admitted a person that was attacking a member of tLC. This person was not in an alliance before that (or he was but it was in an alliance that stated they were rogues). FOK even decided to disregard part of their charter for this. So this nation was now protected while attacking a nation in tLC. They in fact went in there and protected someone attacking tLC, and the compromise in the end was they would let FOK do what FOK wanted to do.

I don´t think there was any posturing, I think FOK did whatever the $%&@ it wanted, right or wrong, good or bad, due to the political power it held and the fragile situation FB was in against one of the strongest political powers in the game. FOK has more political power then TOP in my opinion with only MK, Umbrella, Fark, and Gremlins sitting in their position.

Now that all aside, I seriously would have not allowed it if I was in an alliance. I know it is not real politik, and while I like to analyse things from a real politik view, I am too much of an idealist to allow something like that to happen to an alliance mate if I was in charge. So I would have gone to war if I was leading tLC. That said you have to take your allies into account and so forth, so I´m sure it gets a lot more complicated, and my chest thumping answer of ¨I would go in¨ is simplistic. But to say that it was empty posturing to have one of their nations attacking one of your allies nations and have you sit back and agree to what they wanted is hardly posturing.

Thing that gets me is you guys have had no trouble attacking RAD and you name it, but you´ve yet to fight a real fight. And then you toot around some ¨undefeated¨ like it means something, when the only alliances you´ve fought have been fractions of your NS. Then you accuss all of us of being weak and not willing to make the game fun.

If your defination of fun is bullying weaker alliances, no thanks. While war is fun, curbstomps are not. I don´t consider them war, and a 3 on 1 is hardly any fun. My favorite wars were in GWII, III and Viet FAN 1. Where in all instances I had 2 or 3 vs 1 and with coordiantion the fight was turned around, or I got to fight every inch down kicking and nuking. This could have been a real war, FOK with a weak CB, vs tLC with a strong case by it. FOK had the advantage of political and military strength, but the weak CB could have changed it´s political standing. Now I´m not going to crap on tLC, I think they played the game well, and did right, but they aren´t the ones crying for war, it´s you guys, but I get the feeling war is only fun if it is a nice little tech raid against a none or some curbstomp against a guy that tried to joke with you and you exploited it to have a fun 1 week tech raid, he was dumb to give a bully a chance to do that to him.

And your critisism of us is exactly what those in tLC did, which is analyse that they would get rocked in a war like this, and find a peaceful solution even if it meant taking a couple of lumps.

So please don´t cry about how you guys are the only hope for fun in CN, when infact your version of fun is a far cry from what I consider fun. And don´t tell me you want wars, when infact your just intrested in some curb stomps, a far cry from a real war. And don´t preach about how your some godsend to this stale political landscape and TOP or whoever you wish to start attacking are a bunch of infra huggers, because right here you and your allies choose just to do that.

FOK played the villian here, you played the infra huggers.

As for your propaganda in the other post, I´m sure you´ve conviently forgotten that TOP threatened to enter the war on the UJP side when FOK was attacked by GATO and AiD outside of a clear UJW CB. How it was the other side that backed down. I´m also sure you classify both GWII and III as complete victories before the first shot was fired. But hey, don´t let facts ruin your posts.

Edited by Khyber

Except that FOK didn't actually have anything to do with the resolution.

To my understanding it was exactly what they dictated to their allies that did the talking. They simply could not be on that late. I could very well be wrong on this, and your free to correct me if so.

Edited by Khyber

I certainly do! It's how Im able to remember what I actually said in a post I just made that you intentionally butchered while quoting.

Vs.

One does wonder why folks are just so shameless these days.

Well, I certainly have to say I am quite a fan of the drama and noteworthy acts that TOP has made over the course of it's existence. You know, their brave stand of picking fights in wars they knew the results of beforehand, taking non-existent risks, doing anything of real note aside from always acting in the best interests of their infra and basically being boring and uninteresting.

It's quite inspirational and wonderful entertainment, really, not doing anything. I mean, it's hardly like TOP ever bothers picking fights it isnt 100% sure they can come out on top of beforehand. Oh dear me, I made a pun! If you find what we do boring, then I suggest you get over your laziness and entertain yourself, if you don't like going through that effort then learn how to spell "criticize", and then do your own self-reflection before making intentionally baiting critiques like you are now.

Please try harder. TOP doesn't come on here claiming to create fun and help the community. NSO does. That's why he said it. Saying "you don't do it either" when they never claimed to do it is, well, it's pointless.

We've just finished dismantling pink; give us a week or two to scheme up something new.

You attacked a 40-man, 700k NS alliance with the implied thread of Frostbite coming in should anybody say anything about it. I sure hope your next act is a bit more daring. I fell asleep last time.

One could very reasonably say that it's TOP that sits with absolutely undeserved smugness.

Again, they aren't sitting here saying you should be thanking them. That's the difference.

It's sad that a throwback to the old world like NSO can so consistently get away with painting themselves as harbingers of change.

I don't think they actually get away with it. Not many people really believe it. I don't think many of them really do.

Edited by Penkala

I get away with everything.

Ivan, to be perfectly honest, I don´t know how you pull it off, but I always have a fun time reading your replies. You always come off charming even in situations where I think your alliance is over doing it. The type of guy I would like to go out and have beers with.

Empty posturing?

FOK flat out admitted a person that was attacking a member of tLC. This person was not in an alliance before that (or he was but it was in an alliance that stated they were rogues). FOK even decided to disregard part of their charter for this. So this nation was now protected while attacking a nation in tLC. They in fact went in there and protected someone attacking tLC, and the compromise in the end was they would let FOK do what FOK wanted to do.

That's not really an accurate characterization of events. 519 Nigras is clearly the aggressor in this case, and FOK did not accept Denniswerf until after statements in this thread to the effect that the conflict is a 1v1 tech raid. While my own alliance will not accept nations at war either we will allow nations being tech raided to fly our applicant AA and will help with any additional would-be raiders once they've changed AAs. I don't see what FOK has done to be different from that.

tLC would have been ninnies to wade in militarily to back up a member's independent tech raid, and the only reason they might have is to rise to the bait left by people here trying to stir up conflict for their own devices. Fortunately the leadership of tLC is more temperate than that and things have been resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

On the RAD aside: I don't see how you can say NSO went in with certainty that they were going to win; RAD was MDPed to RoK, and Superfriends would kill Frostbite if it came to that. It looked pretty ballsy to me.

tLC would have been ninnies to wade in militarily to back up a member's independent tech raid, and the only reason they might have is to rise to the bait left by people here trying to stir up conflict for their own devices. Fortunately the leadership of tLC is more temperate than that and things have been resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

And also tLC disbanded making them irrelevant side note in the history books, so who cares. It seems their leadership had other things to worry about then being temperate, lawl

Thread over I suppose.

Edited by Branimir

You're all stupid.

Some of us have feelings, y'know.

:lol1: <--- Still hating the rutabaga.

You suggested to Dr. Dan that he 'make the game interesting' when it's quite obvious from the various discussions of the dynamics of particular alliances in this game that TOP is an example of a stabilizing force (whether they want that or not) and that NSO is an example of a destabilizing force (whether you all want that or not). I personally people should stick with they got going on, and Dr. Dan isn't likely to buck his trend. Not really sure what that has to do with this incident other than that tLC is tied to NSO, but maybe it was the mudslinging going back and forth between the friends of either side that brought this up; I can't really tell.

As his argument was about how boring the game was, and how he wished it were more exciting, but not exciting in the sense of our actions, I called upon him to stop complaining and make it interesting for himself like we do instead of sitting around complaining about other people's fun not being good enough for him. Moreover, if memory serves, I said that to Kyber, not Dr. Dan.

As far as why that has anything to do with us goes, HellAngel, a TOP member came in here talking !@#$, was responded to, and then was backed up by his fellow TOP members, which lead to this mess.

I'm not going to say were always innocent, but most of us will be damned if we're going to take !@#$ talk from some random jackass about our alliance and our allies.

Please try harder. TOP doesn't come on here claiming to create fun and help the community. NSO does. That's why he said it. Saying "you don't do it either" when they never claimed to do it is, well, it's pointless.
Right, because apparently "your idea of fun isnt good enough for me" is clearly not something that warrants such a response regarding his communities lack of contribution to the popcorn factor of these forums.

If you're going to throw an ad hominem at me, you should at least make sure that said attack is at least relevant in context, rather than a simple knee-jerk reaction.

Again, they aren't sitting here saying you should be thanking them. That's the difference.
HellAngel said we and ours "Oozed Fail". Once again, a TOP member started the fight, and was backed up by his alliance mates.

You have a problem with a fight being started, take it to the ones who came in here picking one. Otherwise, you're being immensely disingenuous.

As his argument was about how boring the game was, and how he wished it were more exciting, but not exciting in the sense of our actions, I called upon him to stop complaining and make it interesting for himself like we do instead of sitting around complaining about other people's fun not being good enough for him. Moreover, if memory serves, I said that to Kyber, not Dr. Dan.

As far as why that has anything to do with us goes, HellAngel, a TOP member came in here talking !@#$, was responded to, and then was backed up by his fellow TOP members, which lead to this mess.

I'm not going to say were always innocent, but most of us will be damned if we're going to take !@#$ talk from some random jackass about our alliance and our allies.

Right, because apparently "your idea of fun isnt good enough for me" is clearly not something that warrants such a response regarding his communities lack of contribution to the popcorn factor of these forums.

If you're going to throw an ad hominem at me, you should at least make sure that said attack is at least relevant in context, rather than a simple knee-jerk reaction.

HellAngel said we and ours "Oozed Fail". Once again, a TOP member started the fight, and was backed up by his alliance mates.

You have a problem with a fight being started, take it to the ones who came in here picking one. Otherwise, you're being immensely disingenuous.

No, i didnt start it, go back and read the thread. The situation was cleared and then ragingchaos came in throwing around threats again.

And thanks for the props.

No, i didnt start it, go back and read the thread. The situation was cleared and then ragingchaos came in throwing around threats again.

And thanks for the props.

Ah crap i had such high hopes for FB. I hope NpO and STA can counterbalance the fail emerging from tLC and NSO.

So, what did ragingchaos say about NSO now, thus provoking corinan?

In fact, who did you reply to when saying that, anyway, rather than trying to (successfully) bait us?

There's spin and then there's blatant lying.

So you wonder that people who get !@#$ thrown at throw !@#$ back? And yes, i consider FOK to be my friends if thats your question.

I didnt reply to anyone in particular, it was a general observation.

So basically, yeah, you did start the !@#$ talking about us. Glad to see you admit to it. :awesome: