Athens rides to WAR

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Care to enlighten me? Athens has been defending the CB ever since it came to light and was pushing wry strongly for war with Menotah, even going so far as to demand that TOOL cancel on them or face war. But then TOOL did something they didn't expect: They called the bluff. And so did TOOL's allies. Only then did Athens see sense. What gives?

I'm certainly glad that the coer heads prevailed. But don't use this as an opportunity to harp on how merciful you are. Anyone with the slightest bit of sense is merciful at gunpoint.

-Bama

lolwut

i don't think that is what went down, tho im not as informed but i'll check

Edited by The Fallen

Why did you have to attack a whole alliance over a few members ?

Why couldn't you just ZI the members who asked for it and call it a day ?

See what your poorly written speech has done? DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU'VE DONE?! :mad:

This is a poor excuse to go to war.

You are attacking Menotah because some DE members don't want to merge into your alliance? It looks like you're pushing your new found weight around, and it is a poor show.

Care to enlighten me? Athens has been defending the CB ever since it came to light and was pushing wry strongly for war with Menotah, even going so far as to demand that TOOL cancel on them or face war. But then TOOL did something they didn't expect: They called the bluff. And so did TOOL's allies. Only then did Athens see sense. What gives?

I'm certainly glad that the coer heads prevailed. But don't use this as an opportunity to harp on how merciful you are. Anyone with the slightest bit of sense is merciful at gunpoint.

-Bama

If by calling our bluff you mean suspending the protectorate of Menotah, then yes. Go back and read the thread. Also, TOOL has been a pleasure to work with throughout this, protectorates should never be used as a shield to hide from justice and TOOL recognizes that. Nor did we, or would we have ever threatened TOOL. :)

Have a nice day.

Actually, TOOL suspended their protectorate, so no, that's not true. Have a nice day. :v:

Well no surprise there. Athens shows it has the moral high ground by setting an example and not attacking.

Edited by silus

Wait, don't tell me: TOOL suspended the treaty on the condition that you let Menotah go. Amirite?

-Bama

Actually, If this last minute mercy wasn't shown, We would of attacked Menotah at update. ;) Thanks for showing how much you know about the situation. :P

We all know you'd roll them if not for the fact that YOU would get rolled in turn. Nevertheless, congratulations to all parties on achieving peace.

-Bama

Go for it. See how far you get.

Also, Londo had the full ability to roll Menotath if he wished. I know this, because he consulted the collective leaders of C&G on what course of action would be most wise. When I advised him not to go to war, fear of retribution was not one of my considerations.

You good sir, are a master of verbose, witty dialouge, and a great communicator, what unfathomable comprehension for the English language you have.

Good luck in your merciful massacre, your charitable crusade, yourdiplomatic destruction of your enemies.

May Splash Woman salute you.

My gosh, that OP makes absolutely no sense at all.

First "We ride to war", then "We have decided to show mercy", then "death to our enemies - we ride to war".

Ffs, make up your minds. :psyduck:

----

That aside though, glad Menotah gets peace.

Edited by Airikr

Like most of what you've posted regarding this subject, no.

Keep guessing though, it's entertaining to watch.

It's the only thing that makes sense unless some shocking new evidence came to light. Which is admittedly possible.

-Bama

Go for it. See how far you get.

Also, Londo had the full ability to roll Menotath if he wished. I know this, because he consulted the collective leaders of C&G on what course of action would be most wise. When I advised him not to go to war, fear of retribution was not one of my considerations.

Good to see calm and diplomacy was used.

This is a poor excuse to go to war.

You are attacking Menotah because some DE members don't want to merge into your alliance? It looks like you're pushing your new found weight around, and it is a poor show.

i'd hate to say re-read. We didn't attack Menotah. we stopped the attack when we decided it would be best not to go to war with them. they learned their lesson and kept their tech (OM NOM NOM, even a 4k nation likes having tech :D ). im pretty sure it wasnt just those who left DE either.