Anyone Else Notice the Tide of...

Drostan

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just actually started a new alliance called KIA (killed in action)... we are now a week old... 14 members... a group of us got sick with the same old bland boring alliances and wanted to start something a bit different.

Its basicly a fully theme'd military alliance... its controled war mongering however... within rules but we do try and have fun and enjoy the military side of CN more then in the past. To be honest with you all its the most fun ive had on CN, and the extra work in setting it up doesn't even feel like work cause its actually very exciting again. I'd recomend having a go to anyone who has a real vision.

Haha, it would be awesome. But I've got postwar plans that I have no intention of changing, so I doubt it'll happen anytime in the near future.

-Bama

indeed, if you don't return to TOOL after the war's over, we'll cried and I'm not sure if the tears will ever stop (for some at least)

edit: on topic, the Ronin alliance has a cool theme, but what about a Legend of Dragoon theme alliance (sounds cool but not sure how to make that work, would say dragon-themed alliance but Argent beat me to it :P (still :wub: you guys btw))

Edited by dragonknight1000

The truth is 90% of the new alliances being created now in th summer vacations will:

1- Disband

2- Merge and then disband

People create alliances just for the fun of it even if they haven't the required skill/time to manage an alliance and this just fail.

D34th is correct.

I helped found this:

flag500x300.png

It was fun. Find a group of friends that you'll be happy to play with through thick and thin and you'll have all you need.

Don't forget that between a handful of the group we had an enormous wealth of talent as well (Kevin, Ocho, Sceptor, Mao, Bossk, Trep, yourself, ex, niz, list goes on for 20 more names :v:) . We also founded with, what, 44 members or something? I think that a lot of these 1-10 man alliances that are coming out really need to take a long hard look at what they really want to get out of making an alliance. We had some pretty firm and clear goals early on in Umbrella, coupled with strong friendships coming from our Genmay past and with the additional strong knowhow and understanding of game strategy from months of gathering data and complex aid schemes (all undercover as well)[thanks kevin <3]. In comparison, most of the new alliances seem like child's play and it really is no wonder that the vast majority of them fail within the first few months.

My advice to people looking to found an alliance: Don't do it as someone without experience leading, you'll end up regretting it. If you are still deadset on getting an alliance, at least find a protector or a mentor or someone who can help you out through the issues that will inevitably spring up, lest you make yourself look like an incompetent fool when you disband here 2 weeks later.

Edited by mrcalkin

Of the ones that recently founded, the only ones that I think have a chance of going a year are House Atredies, New Era, and Zero Hour.

Why do you hate me?

Unless I drop dead Angelite isn't going anywhere. City of Rapture has been incredible about building itself up as well.

geez there is so much negativity on here, I mean do some of you people even remember when you stopped having fun playing CN?

So what if theres a bunch of new alliance's spring up, a whole bunch of people have fun and in time some fold. This is a game afterall we are playing this for fun correct?

Personally I'm going to enjoy my time playing CN and right now that involves helping build the new KIA alliance up from nothing. We're a good bunch of mates, all senior positions are held by people who have done the job before, and most of all we are enjoying ourselves. Seeing that little member number tick over every day is great, and seeing the forums start an empty shell and spring to life with floods of posts is amazing. Seriously if you have never given it a try you shouldn't bag the experiance out.

Unfortunately, the people who said up above that move of these new alliance will fail and disband in correct. Summer is nothing but a source of free time to the kids of Planet bob. Starting a successful new aa take time and energy, but it also takes endurance. When summer ends and the kids go back to school, the daily work required to build such an alliance will go undone and the alliance will slowly fold.

It's sad really, i enjoy the new members of our political world. The offer a different view of CN then the constant bickering of the Karma war. They represent new ideas and new hope, not old hatreds.

Even though most will die, a few will stick. It's like recruiting. The vast majority of recruits bail and delete in short order. A few other last for a while before slowing fading away. Then, everyone once in a while, you get get one that shows promise and energy, proves they can be respected, and works their way up to a position of power.

I wonder which of the new alliances has that potential...

Your right on the recruits... its like trying to find good employee's in the business world.

Plenty give it a go, but the really good quality ones are gems that only rarely raise their heads.

Hopefully we are part of that group of new alliances that kicks on for a good time but even if we hit a wall down the track I'll never regret it, its been great fun.

It'd be pretty sweet to do a Role Play alliance of Caesar's 13th Legion echoing the show Rome. Lucius, Marc Anthony, Titus Pullo, Posca, etc.

I have to say,,

that was a great show and it ended way to early.

hbo shut down before they knew it was a hit.

you could tell by the way they rushed the history in the second season.

Why do you hate me?

Unless I drop dead Angelite isn't going anywhere. City of Rapture has been incredible about building itself up as well.

I don't hate you, I just didn't think of you. The alliances I named are ran by friends of mine or very vocal people here, so I know their alliances' names.

I have to say,,

that was a great show and it ended way to early.

hbo shut down before they knew it was a hit.

you could tell by the way they rushed the history in the second season.

I believe that much of the set burnt down which is why the show got canned. It sucks, because they really could have kept it going for quite some time and yes it was a great watch. I am in limbo as I await a new great show to watch.

So who wants to start an internet-themed alliance? :blush:

I believe that much of the set burnt down which is why the show got canned. It sucks, because they really could have kept it going for quite some time and yes it was a great watch. I am in limbo as I await a new great show to watch.

So who wants to start an internet-themed alliance? :blush:

OOC: A few months back I entertained the notion of starting a Cyber Nations alliance-themed Cyber Nations alliance, called Cyber Nations Alliance. It would have been the best Cyber Nations alliance alliance in Cyber Nations.

New alliances flooding the Alliance Announcements forum? It's pretty cool in my opinion. I guess now is one of those good times to strike out on your own and make a new for yourself. It's like the CN gold rush. Every once in a while I consider either joining a very small alliance or starting one but then I remember how much work founding an alliance is... and how much I would miss Spartays.

But I am really glad to see so many people doing their own thing. I hope they won't all be boring nation-growers because I like the idea of a spicy new Planet Bob. I would love to start a really in-character role play alliance that is always stirring stuff up. It would be good if future Planet Bob would allow for more small-scale conflicts without every sanctioned alliance getting involved to the point where the original disputants get completely forgotten. I too have a dream. heh.

Anyway, have you fellas ever considered making a fun little alliance and if so what was the gist of it?

I'd like some kind of Human Hive type alliance or an ultra futuristic capitalist alliance (basically I am just stealing from Alpha Centauri). I must admit that the idea for NSO has great potential. It's a shame I don't like Star Wars. Let's see who has the best role play alliance ideas so that I can steal them for fun.

It'd be pretty sweet to do a Role Play alliance of Caesar's 13th Legion echoing the show Rome. Lucius, Marc Anthony, Titus Pullo, Posca, etc.

I had considered starting some sort of lulzy miro-alliance at one point. ;)

I was small and insignificant before that was COOL, sirs.

will there be more now that the war is over? or will there be less? I few might have already disbanded but they didn't want to get sucked into the war. I leaves me wondering how many of the 400 nations that NPO lost are currently hiding in these micro-alliances and will return to them now.