Anyone Else Notice the Tide of...

Drostan

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The truth is 90% of the new alliances being created now in th summer vacations will:

1- Disband

2- Merge and then disband

People create alliances just for the fun of it even if they haven't the required skill/time to manage an alliance and this just fail.

Right, because managing a small alliance takes so much time and skill. uh huh.

they disband or merge because people either find others they really like and want to run something together, or they have dreams of a bigger alliance and they realize their manga themed ultra nerdy alliance will never attract enough people.

That or they simply get bored of it so they disband it or merge it.

I just like the idea of a very heavily RP alliance that gets mad over issues and doesn't pretend not to. When someone insults them they declare war. Of course, the difficulty is that you'd be getting rolled so often it'd be hard to maintain a decent membership. hehe.

However, you could definitely do a Crazy 88 or something type alliance.

"Do they really have 88 members?"

"No, they just thought it sounded cool."

I just like the idea of a very heavily RP alliance that gets mad over issues and doesn't pretend not to. When someone insults them they declare war. Of course, the difficulty is that you'd be getting rolled so often it'd be hard to maintain a decent membership. hehe.

The real difficulty lies in a heavy RP alliance is that you have to find another alliance to RP with you. When you really think about it, you can't just make one alliance for it to work, you need at least two all on the same page.

The real difficulty lies in a heavy RP alliance is that you have to find another alliance to RP with you. When you really think about it, you can't just make one alliance for it to work, you need at least two all on the same page.

And the sad thing is, people claim they roleplay, that they play a "character" and whatnot, but they don't. There's nothing close to roleplay to be found anywhere on these boards when it comes to AP or the OWF.

It's just people getting imaginary butthurt over others trying to be all imaginary tough and scary.

Yeah, role play is just what someone says when they get called out on getting mad. "I was only mad IC." heh.

I mean, you could RP with a single alliance, but as I said, the rest of the world would descend on you quickly and put a stop to it. You can't just go around declaring wars which is unfortunate. Anyone know off-hand what sphere has the most unaligned nations? hehe.

And the sad thing is, people claim they roleplay, that they play a "character" and whatnot, but they don't. There's nothing close to roleplay to be found anywhere on these boards when it comes to AP or the OWF.

It's just people getting imaginary butthurt over others trying to be all imaginary tough and scary.

Yeah, you right. Course if somebody *really* wanted to RP, I'd suggest they help start two or three alliances and have no dealings with the world at large until/unless somebody else starts a brawl.

If somebody wanted to barrow an idea I had a little bit back, feel free. Basically you set up a clan based alliance. People join the alliance and pick a tribe/clan/whatever in your alliance to join. You spend your time having contests between the clans, including if you find people not attached to their pixels, have inter-clan war.

Have a gov counsel of all the heads of the clans and one chief of all clan chiefs (or whatever.)

It's one of those things that if you manage to pull it off right and get the right people to join up; you'd almost never have to bother with anybody else.

I nearly did it on 4 separate occasions:

1. Browncoats (No, I didn't join them when someone else did it, but was an ambassador to there. Good folks.).
  2. Kingdom of Jerusalem (White Team, Kingdom of Heaven theme)
  3. Normandy (Aqua team, Norman conquest theme)
  4. BrASS - British Alliance Supporting Steampunk - yellow alliance, very obvious theme :P

Still have the initial BrASS flag:

brassflag.jpg

I tried making a Roman alliance. Looked real promising and all. It fell through as it simply took too long. All the founders were far too busy at the current time to really focus on it and we all lost interest. It's a shame, because I really thought we could have caused some damage.

I'd like some kind of Human Hive type alliance or an ultra futuristic capitalist alliance (basically I am just stealing from Alpha Centauri). I must admit that the idea for NSO has great potential. It's a shame I don't like Star Wars. Let's see who has the best role play alliance ideas so that I can steal them for fun.

And I thought I was the only one who loved that game. Alpha Centauri rocked!

Browncoats (No, I didn't join them when someone else did it, but was an ambassador to there. Good folks.).

With the exception of only 3 people... boy how those three really ruined the year of hard work I busted my butt for in that alliance. Durim, Schatt, Ninten, Yes, I'm still mad at you all for this. Ninten, I have mostly forgiven you, just mad for not stepping up at all during that. Durim, Schatt, you will never be redeemed in my eyes.

Now on to what this thread is about:

Mine was Browncoats, yes, I helped form them. Look at my avatar, lol. It was great for RP and fun and games, alas, all good things come to an end. :(

Edited by Asriel Belacqua