The GMs Court

hawk11

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't RP Tahoe anymore. I just have the exiled government characters who have no actual power.
I don't RP Neo Japan at all. I just have the retired Imperial Family characters who have no actual power.
I spoke to Iamthey about Artemis and as my situation has changed I'm going to speak to him again; but as long as I have a country with a military I can't have troops in Artemis and vice-versa.
I do RP Carthage, though.

Here is the situation. You can control characters, and various non-sovereign institutions in any nation as long as you have the permission of the Rper in question. However, you can only control ONE military, be it a paramilitary company, a national military, or some sort of martial organization. When Sargun and I talked, he was controlling the characters in the US government, but as I understood it, the various states supplied the military and were essentially the 'sovereign' entities. As he wasn't contributing to the military of the US, he could at that point give Artemis some troops. However if he chooses to become some other nation and control some other military, then he would have to disband his Artemis forces at that time. It is complicated as there are few who are active enough or interested enough to RP so many unassociated groups at once. But I believe it is within the bounds of the current rules and past procedures.

Edited by iamthey

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1280197782' post='2390677']
So no civil wars?
[/quote]

It is more about whether are you RPing more than one 'nation'. Like it would be illegal for me to have another nation in Europe, or Africa. Whereas it is okay for me to RP a few characters, or a company with the permission of the Nation RPer with control over them. It is kind of a gray issue as sovereignty is very ambiguous. One could argue a multi-national corporation is in fact sovereign or at least transcends national-sovereignty. However, I would contend this is all irrelevant because in CNRP if you don't have a military all you can really do is complain. So I suppose the most basic question arises at whether an entity is able to have any material effect on the RPspace around it, this would be measurable in whether or not it controls a military force. So as a general rule of thumb each rper can only control one military at any one time.

Though there are obviously exceptions made for internal conflicts and RPs. You can divide up your military among your own nation however you like as well, as long as those entities are associated and connected through RP in some way. So if you want to RP a rogue military, or a paramilitary company as part of your country that is fine. Whereas you couldn't RP such things if they had zero connection to your own nation. The rule isn't 100% consistent, as it was established by a mod awhile back and has since been defined by community practice.

Well, my paramilitary company was co-owned by the father of the person leading my country; before that it was co-owned by the person leading my country, who happened to be last seen in an aircraft last seen exploding due to missile attack. :v: Now it's co-owned by the person leading my country due to his apparent death.

Edited by Sargun

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii29/voxpopuli_album/lynneth.png
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii29/voxpopuli_album/sadfasdf.png

Need spy rolls on Lynneth and Sarah's nations.

The rolls on Sarah are supposed to be for 1: Eliminating a few high-ranking officers on the front, which is meant to cause morale, organization and speed issues and 2: For spreading throughout the country pro-german propaganda so as to cause the population to be less supportive of the ongoing war, and demoralize the soldiers.

The rolls on Lynneth are supposed to be for 1: Providing one of their battlegroups on the North to receive bad intel and then to drive forwards and into an ambush by accident because of this, and for 2: providing bad orders so as to cause their own artillery to shoot one bad barrage to hit their own units farther away. (Friendly fire incident)

Also I would like to bring my and other players' concerns, which I want a GM/mod to address regarding my post and the following posts of this thread: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=89693&st=20

Be well

Edited by Kaiser Martens

Requesting an RP wipe for this post
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=89364&view=findpost&p=2392046

For this reason
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=89693&view=findpost&p=2392065

He admited OOC reasoning behind his all of a sudden involvment in the European war and is thus illegal.
[quote]Karl Martin

Posted Today, 04:47 AM
I'm not contributing my IG stats. The numbers will stay as those of Martens, I'm just giving him justification for when the war goes west. Only my former troops would have the knowledge of what is where. I'm also not going to let Francophile Sarah wipe out everything the Germanphile KM did. [/quote]

Edited by Zoot Zoot

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1280289669' post='2392083']
He admited OOC reasoning behind his all of a sudden involvment in the European war and is thus illegal.
[/quote]

It is not at all sudden, Zoot. Check [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=89364&view=findpost&p=2379885"]this post[/url].

And Sarah Tintagyl, despite all the friction we have had in the past and are still having, I must say that I am very impressed at how you are willing to sacrifice all for what is possibily the best War RP I have ever seen. Thank you.

Edited by Karl Martin

Yes and no.. if Sarah and KM are willing to play.. let them play. RP is a choice, we shouldn't be telling them what they can and can't do in their own RP when it isn't really affecting anyone but them. We spend too much time being e-lawyers and it gets in the way of RP. So long as Karl recognizes his limitations as part of the RP there shouldn't be a problem.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' timestamp='1280370617' post='2393349']
If it is OOC though, it should stil be wiped, willing or not.
[/quote]

Actually no, a gm wipe can be considered if the 2 parties can not solve the issue themselves as the GM serves as an arbitrator. In this case where all involved parties agree a GM nor the community as a whole has no right to interfere.

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1280439129' post='2394387']
I don't. I rp what strikes my fancy OOCly, why shouldn't he be able to do so?
[/quote]
Obviously it has its start in OOC, but you already have a national character to maintain, and you do so within reason.

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1280197439' post='2390669']
Here is the situation. You can control characters, and various non-sovereign institutions in any nation as long as you have the permission of the Rper in question. However, you can only control ONE military, be it a paramilitary company, a national military, or some sort of martial organization. When Sargun and I talked, he was controlling the characters in the US government, but as I understood it, the various states supplied the military and were essentially the 'sovereign' entities. As he wasn't contributing to the military of the US, he could at that point give Artemis some troops. However if he chooses to become some other nation and control some other military, then he would have to disband his Artemis forces at that time. It is complicated as there are few who are active enough or interested enough to RP so many unassociated groups at once. But I believe it is within the bounds of the current rules and past procedures.
[/quote]

Umm.. he did contribute troops. That was part of the headache that made me give up the U.S. having to edit and re-edit the fact book based on whether or not he was going to be part of the U.S. and the whole mess surrounding the South West. I mean the "play states of the u.s." thread I had up in this forum with the terms and conditions of playing U.S. states required players contribute and control their military as part of U.S. forces.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1280657816' post='2396953']
Umm.. he did contribute troops. That was part of the headache that made me give up the U.S. having to edit and re-edit the fact book based on whether or not he was going to be part of the U.S. and the whole mess surrounding the South West. I mean the "play states of the u.s." thread I had up in this forum with the terms and conditions of playing U.S. states required players contribute and control their military as part of U.S. forces.
[/quote]

Doesn't matter anymore, but he wasn't a 'state', he was just Rping the federal government. That is the way he explained it to me.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1280657816' post='2396953']
[/quote]

We're talking about [b]after[/b] you left and handed over the federal government.

But that's okay, I know your main goal on these boards is to !@#$%* about how hard something is. :wub:

Edited by Sargun

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1280669936' post='2397023']
We're talking about [b]after[/b] you left and handed over the federal government.

But that's okay, I know your main goal on these boards is to !@#$%* about how hard something is. :wub:
[/quote]

Mael @$#@#@ about how somethings are?

Nevveerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......................

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1280669936' post='2397023']

[/quote]

Not any more. My job now is just to kill as instructed by Triyun and to otherwise enjoy my freed up time doing other things, like defeating God of War, Final Fantasy 4 (again), and working on my hoi3 campaigns instead of making 80 posts a day.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1280779257' post='2398710']
Not any more. My job now is just to kill as instructed by Triyun and to otherwise enjoy my freed up time doing other things, like defeating God of War, Final Fantasy 4 (again), and working on my hoi3 campaigns instead of making 80 posts a day.
[/quote]

Congrats, once again, on becoming someones !@#$%*.

Edited by Voodoo Nova