The GMs Court

hawk11

[quote name='Biohazard' timestamp='1281219368' post='2404039']
I'd like to call up Martens installment of Vince. The land is still being RPd by Lynneth, even if it is occupied by coalition forces. Even if it wasn't though, it should still be illegal to install new players, when you're in the midst of a war; in this case, Martens is using Vince to buff up his stats (merged or unmerged). What does everyone else think?
[/quote]
Funnily enough, we (The GMs) talked about this last night, and agreed that Vince should not be allowed to RP a military force in this war, in such a manner. We also agreed, however, that it would be allowed for Vince to begin his new nation in land that is formally Martens', but not RP a military force.

It was also brought up, but not formally agreed upon that there should be a time limit for newly formed (Whether a new RPer or a Reroll) nations, in which they cannot declare aggressive war, in order to avoid similar issues in the future. This would have to be brought up a a community vote though.

So yes, Official Ruling, Vince's troops are void.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<iamthey> ah yeah
<iamthey> sorry
<iamthey> sure i'll give you some spy rolls
<KaiserMartens> Thank you
<KaiserMartens> let me give you the picture thing
<KaiserMartens> http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii29/voxpopuli_album/francespy.png
<iamthey> ok
<iamthey> how many rolls
<iamthey> and what are they for
<KaiserMartens> two,
<KaiserMartens> the first is for...let me see [u]Note: I went to my offensive post to remember what the spy stuff was meant to be for[/u]
<iamthey> and please post in the GM thread so that lynneth doesn't have a heart attack or something
<KaiserMartens> alright, I will post this convo when done, ok?
<iamthey> sure thing
<KaiserMartens> The first one is to make the french HQ believe mistakenly that one million germans are attacking from the region east of Elsass-lothringen
<KaiserMartens> only for a while, of course
<iamthey> ok
<KaiserMartens> the second roll is either that same thing again if it failed, or if it goes through, to make the french (for a while) register quite high casualties (fake casualties)
<KaiserMartens> until they realize it's just their systems being $%&@ed with
<iamthey> ok
<iamthey> first one suceeded second failed
<KaiserMartens> sounds good
<KaiserMartens> Thanks
<iamthey> np
<KaiserMartens> i'll go Copypaste this

Does it?

Well, it's a rule that land claims need to be RP'd yes?

If I post something a little more elaborate than me first example, like:

"Here's an announcement from the government:

We are a country. Here's a map."

Does that count as sufficient RP?

Edited by Sal Paradise

That's your choice. Not everyone has to abide by it. Thus the way the post was written. It is fully within current CNRP rules. You'll have to have a mod completely debunk all religion to say it isn't possible at all. I observe that the thread has in no way harmed anyone elses rps or characters or caused disruption to anyone elses entertainment. I disagree with your interpretation of how reality on Bob should operate. That does not make me wrong by necessity.

That said, I'll discontinue when instructed to do otherwise by those with oversight of the RPing Rules. (GMs do not, they can only interpret existing rules.)

If you can point out any existing rule that this RP violates, I will have a rogue wave overturn the boat.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1281731482' post='2414741']
That's your choice. Not everyone has to abide by it. Thus the way the post was written. It is fully within current CNRP rules. You'll have to have a mod completely debunk all religion to say it isn't possible at all. I observe that the thread has in no way harmed anyone elses rps or characters or caused disruption to anyone elses entertainment. I disagree with your interpretation of how reality on Bob should operate. That does not make me wrong by necessity.

That said, I'll discontinue when instructed to do otherwise by those with oversight of the RPing Rules. (GMs do not, they can only interpret existing rules.)

If you can point out any existing rule that this RP violates, I will have a rogue wave overturn the boat.
[/quote]

It's not about religion or harming anyone else. It's about common sense and realism. This is just stupid and it's unrealistic. You can argue all you want, but this isn't possible on Earth or Bob.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1281732001' post='2414746']
Says you. Everyone has an opinion. Most of the world disagrees on you about life after death.
[/quote]

Right. Whatever. This is unrealistic, and would therefore fall under the Total Impossibility clause of the GM abilities.

[quote]*Type one, total impossibility. IE Death star. Total RP wiped. These kind of god mods are easy to spot, and will be called quickly, so little RP to go back and redo.[/quote]

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1281732001' post='2414746']
Says you. Everyone has an opinion. Most of the world disagrees on you about life after death. Whether or not it has actually to be proven.
[/quote]
Whatever [b]your[/b] opinion is, resurrection does not exist in Canon CNRP.
Non-canon, whatever. Sure, fine.
Canon CNRP, no. This has nothing to do with what people [b]think[/b] about death and life after it, this has to do with common sense and the fact that it cannot be proven.

Before you come with "Disprove resurrection", I'm going to point you to the Water Cooler, where you can discuss the topic however you wish.

Edit: Also what Drake said.

Edited by Lynneth

[quote name='Drakedeath' timestamp='1281732522' post='2414763']
There's a difference between religion and actually reviving someone.
[/quote]

Some religions believe that it is possible to [i]actually revive someone[/i]. Is it the policy of this forum to pass judgment on the truth of religion? If you're talking about realism, to Christians the resurrection is very real.

Edited by Sal Paradise

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1281732681' post='2414766']
Some religions believe that it is possible to [i]actually revive someone[/i]. Is it the policy of this forum to pass judgment on the truth of religion? If you're talking about realism, to Christians the resurrection is very real.
[/quote]

Let them prove that it's possible to revive them. They can believe all they want, but until it's proved, it needs to stay OUT of CNRP.

As an author it is my right to direct the reality of my RP's as I wish to so long as it harms no other person's interactions and breaches no rules. That is what I am doing based on my interpretation of how a shared reality such as Bob functions. In fact, my religion and my actions are more true to how Bob exists and function than any other writing here which tries and fails miserably to simulate earth. You want real earth? Go outside. This is CNRP, not Earth.

We have strange progressions of time, the occasional zombie, and many other slight variations that provide for the entertainment and amusement of the community. The targeting of my particular rp is both hypocritical, judgmental, and outright wrong. None of you govern this reality, we all do. Just because you write something does not make it better than what I'm doing. I am enjoying myself.

Sal: It's not even supernatural to me. It's just how Bob works.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Drakedeath' timestamp='1281732789' post='2414768']
Let them prove that it's possible to revive them. They can believe all they want, but until it's proved, it needs to stay OUT of CNRP.
[/quote]

This would be a ridiculous criteria to use. The veracity of the resurrection has been disputed for two millennia. We aren't going to settle it in CNRP.