Why I am a Pacifican

Bartley

This quite simply isn't true. It was much more of a "I bet NPO is going to attack one of us sooner or later" (which was correct) than a "Let's make plans to take out NPO". Karma fell together mainly as a result of you attacking during negotiations.

I'll leave you a link to Delta's awesome post if you want more details.

That would honestly be somewhere close to our response, minus the SF stuff and Hoo banter and adding "we're probably going to stay out of this unless NPO is royally stupid enough to attack an ally" somewhere there.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bartley, well said.

I left the NPO just over a year ago and went to Valhalla. Lasted 5/6 weeks and was so homesick for Pacifica that I asked chefjoe for permission to leave to alliance while it was at war to return. Valhalla is a great alliance with many wonderful people in it, but I missed the camaraderie, community, and just being a part of such a close knit group of amazing people.

Do you realize where you are talking? You aren't on the NPO boards any longer. If you want to be unchallenged and receive a pat on the back and a high five, then stay on your forums. Most people, if not all, have been on the receiving end of "this fantastic and diverse group of people". So when a player from this said alliance comes to the forums with a grand proclamation of the greatness of this organization, it shouldn't shock you when people make comments you don't like. Frankly, after reading some of the posts, I was surprised that the OP actually received some positive comments.

I have to ask, what alliance were you in before Vox Populi?

Edited by James Dahl

It is always nice when you find a home, Bartley. It is a shame that people still come here to troll us even if you just wanted to share your thoughts.

Oh boo hoo. This was his first and only post on OWF to date, and he used it to very publicly state that he *gasp* enjoys the community of his alliance. Great! So do a majority of people in alliances. The only difference is that they do not feel the need to state these basic facts as though there is some underlying point. Maybe the fact that the NPO has members who enjoy the community should mean there should be an end to the war immediately? :v: I don't know, but I don't think we'd have seen this topic had you not been reduced to a smoking heap of rubble right now.

You lot can try to twist this topic into more debate about the war or even use it as another example of how the evil OWF won't let poor poor NPO post, but the simple fact is that this topic was pointless and not relevant to most people here: NPO members enjoying the NPO is an NPO thing, no-one else really cares.

I really don't know how he can expect his topic to be taken seriously here when he has made no contribution to these forums previously and then uses his first post to shockingly reveal to a bunch of people he doesn't know that he's enjoying being in an alliance. I am honestly surprised that we haven't seen more parodies of this topic, it is testament to the restraint of the community that so far there has been only one (well executed) effort thus far.

Edit: damn typos.

Edited by Aimee Mann

This is really well said, and I salute you for standing true to your convictions, friends, and family.

This goes to show that even in the darkest of times, some forms of light can show through.

Good show buddy, good show.

Oh boo hoo. This was his first and only post on OWF to date, and he used it to very publicly state that he *gasp* enjoys the community of his alliance. Great! So do a majority of people in alliances. The only difference is that they do not feel the need to state these basic facts as though there is some underlying point. Maybe the fact that the NPO has members who enjoy the community should mean there should be an end to the war immediately? :v: I don't know, but I don't think we'd have seen this topic had you not been reduced to a smoking heap of rubble right now.

You lot can try to twist this topic into more debate about the war or even use it as another example of how the evil OWF won't let poor poor NPO post, but the simple fact is that this topic was pointless and not relevant to most people here: NPO members enjoying the NPO is an NPO thing, no-one else really cares.

I really don't know how he can expect his topic to be taken seriously here when he has made no contribution to these forums previously and then uses his first post to shockingly reveal to a bunch of people he doesn't know that he's enjoying being in an alliance. I am honestly surprised that we haven't seen more parodies of this topic, it is testament to the restraint of the community that so far there has been only one (well executed) effort thus far.

Edit: damn typos.

I for one would rather have his sort of post as a first than one filled with hate.

Remember when CN forums were good?

I don't.

Either you have a horrible memory or you haven't been here very long.

I feel bad that Pacifica is the place you call home, yet I understand when you call a place home for so long - it sticks, and it is very hard to imagine one without said home. While I feel sorry that you call Pacifica home, I can respect your love for it, and as such, it is nice I suppose to see your feelings on it.

Either you have a horrible memory or you haven't been here very long.

I feel bad that Pacifica is the place you call home, yet I understand when you call a place home for so long - it sticks, and it is very hard to imagine one without said home. While I feel sorry that you call Pacifica home, I can respect your love for it, and as such, it is nice I suppose to see your feelings on it.

I have been here almost since the beginning of the game, I have been involved in governments since the game was 5 months old, and I do not remember a single time when this forum was "nice", at any level of interaction whatsoever.

It only vacillated between times with little activity due to a lack of overt rivalries (which merely toned down the activity, but not the quality of the content) and times like this.

And you will learn to love the Pacific, eventually.

The majority of the NS against us came into the war via optional aggression pacts. I believe only VE, GOD and Vanguard had a direct defence link.

So yes, it could be construed that this was aggression; Ragnarok admitted their part as such in the thread about their treaty with FIRE, and why it would not be activated against the NPO.

And then there is the whole "what classifies as aggression, the act of of war, the justification or the attack?" debate.

Not that it holds significance in anything but semantics of course. The "We are justified" rationale always trumps legalise.

Im a tad late on this, forgive me.

Superfriends act as one, if GOD goes to war then Fark, R&R, Rok, MA go to war..

You may correct me if i am mistaken but the orange sphere is rather united under a MDoaP, which would explain FOK (is iFOK in on this?), MOON and the rest of orange

Complaints and Grievances, while a very good George Carlin album, is also a bloc which brings Athens, Vanguard and some other fine people

If i've missed a few names, well you can fill them in later..check the wikia or that 3d treaty web, its complicated but thats why its called the treaty web