USN Treaty Announcement

USN has resigned from the Chestnut Accords' MDP section. They are still members of SPAM, and the economic portion of Chestnut. No plans for a change in color have been communicated to anyone as far as I know.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if USN cant respect a color that has worked so hard to become united for the first time in its history because it disagrees with just about EVERY other Maroon alliance then I think its not Maroon's fault for wanting them gone. ;)

You've got the direction reversed there, methinks.

USN moves away and it's them being jerks. I saw USN defend CSN when GATO was attacked, I know for a fact they are an honorable bunch and trust their judgement here. If maroon can't respect that then I don't think it's USN's fault.

Also, none taken. ;)

USN has obviously changed since that time. I'm not sure what their goal was when this was decided.

My old friends have me confused.

USN has obviously changed since that time. I'm not sure what their goal was when this was decided.

My guess is they want to move closer to CDT and maroon seems to be on the other side of things. That's my best educated guess. Also hey cameron, nice to see you again. :)

You're still alive? I must say that I'm happy to see that. And, you are correct that things have changed quite a bit since those days long ago. One need only look at the signatures on the declaration of war, and those on this resignation to see the amount of change in the people running USN.

Hi cam :)

Your friends haven't changed as much as you think. Their circumstances have changed a lot, though. Drop in sometime.

There's nothing wrong with moving away from a color sphere's FA policies if they don't agree with their feelings. IRAN isn't a part of NOIR for reason that they believe are very valid, as do I. MASH acted independently of purple, another fairly united color sphere, and attacked GGA to the delight of most of you. USN moves away and it's them being jerks. I saw USN defend CSN when GATO was attacked, I know for a fact they are an honorable bunch and trust their judgement here. If maroon can't respect that then I don't think it's USN's fault.

Also, none taken. ;)

For the longest time we at CSN looked at USN as our bestest friends. Things change. We don't spend EVERY weekend together now; some new kids moved onto the block and now there are just more things to consider. (Ok, that might be a bad metaphor, but just go with it). We still love USN and we still see USN as our friends. Sheesh, there might even be some inbreeding happening between USN and CSN (we can't always tell who is a member of what alliance). Please don't paint maroon as picking on USN. Especially don't call CSN out (I don't believe you did this intentionally, but there is an implication there); CSN knows the honor USN carries. We understand that USN must do what they must do; that doesn't make us any less sad about it. Don't mistake our sadness for anger. Don't try to stir up trouble; it just makes you looks silly.

There's nothing wrong with moving away from a color sphere's FA policies if they don't agree with their feelings. IRAN isn't a part of NOIR for reason that they believe are very valid, as do I. MASH acted independently of purple, another fairly united color sphere, and attacked GGA to the delight of most of you. USN moves away and it's them being jerks. I saw USN defend CSN when GATO was attacked, I know for a fact they are an honorable bunch and trust their judgement here. If maroon can't respect that then I don't think it's USN's fault.

Also, none taken. ;)

You are very un-informed. There's a lot the OP doesn't mention.

For the longest time we at CSN looked at USN as our bestest friends. Things change. We don't spend EVERY weekend together now; some new kids moved onto the block and now there are just more things to consider. (Ok, that might be a bad metaphor, but just go with it). We still love USN and we still see USN as our friends. Sheesh, there might even be some inbreeding happening between USN and CSN (we can't always tell who is a member of what alliance). Please don't paint maroon as picking on USN. Especially don't call CSN out (I don't believe you did this intentionally, but there is an implication there); CSN knows the honor USN carries. We understand that USN must do what they must do; that doesn't make us any less sad about it. Don't mistake our sadness for anger. Don't try to stir up trouble; it just makes you looks silly.

Then I'm receiving mixed signals from those withing your AA.

You are very un-informed. There's a lot the OP doesn't mention.

Care to mention it then? CDT seems behind USN while you guys are disappointed. Most of us are left in the dark only to assume what this means.

Edited by The AUT

Well maroon is pretty strongly on the side of Karma and SF to my understanding. It could be USN does not support this particular group of people. Why? Well I don't know why but it'd make sense as to why they're making these moves. All I know is USN's move isn't popular and the rest of maroon is letting them know about it. Maroon seems to be angry they left instead of respecting their decision, in that case I don't think the rest of you are interested in repairing the rift between both parties.

But I will offer my good luck to USN. Although I don't know quite what you're doing you're moving to the beat of your own drum and I respect that.

Problem here Aut you dont have enough info to think properly. The work that was entailed in bringing maroon together was more than many can imagine. Current leaders on maroon spent even more taking it to the level of Chestnut Accords. To see a signatory walk away after all that is much like a divorce hard feelings will result. Im pretty sure repairing any rifts would be high priority, for unless the rest of maroon leadership has changed so greatly it is an important corner stone to maroonity as a whole. To make a off hand statement like this and to say the others arent interested is an uneducated statement from yet another outsider that has little understanding of what marooners do.

To USN i can only say WHAT and then wish you well. I hope you find what ever it is that you are looking for.

o/ Maroonity

Then I'm receiving mixed signals from those withing your AA.

Care to mention it then? CDT seems behind USN while you guys are disappointed. Most of us are left in the dark only to assume what this means.

As to the mixed signals, there are mixed signals because our members all have varying opinions of it. While our official policy is that we wish them well and are sad to see them go, some do not agree with that.

I'd think it's quite clear as to the difference in reactions from CDT and the rest of Maroon. It seems USN is more concerned with their allies at CDT than they are with the alliances that are on Maroon with them. I can't say that it's good or bad, as each alliance needs to decide where they stand on things, and make decisions accordingly, but I am saddened to have a long-standing Maroon alliance distance itself from the rest of Maroon.

As to the government of USN. It is drastically different from the one that led the alliance back during the No Vision war, and even from the government in place just before the Karma war.

This is expected. USN has been diverging from their friends in maroon for a while, and its sad to see :/ but its much better for Maroon to have them gone.

The Commonwealth wishes USN well. Period. The fact is that they have moved away from the Mutual Defense Pact in the Chestnut Accords; they retain their seats in the Economic Pact in Chestnut along with SPAM. Please, if you are going to try to start thing get your damn facts straight before you join in on a gem fight.

Moreover, the reason why some people are a bit upset about this is because it is a conflict of treaties. Nothing more, nothing less. There is and was no reason for USN to be forced to remain in Chestnut when they obviously did not want to. That is their own sovereign decision. Have a problem with it? Well, deal with it because that's how it is. Being derogatory and the like in this thread, and towards them in general on this matter, is classless at best because we have all canceled treaties at some point in time due to conflicts.

People change, and alliances do too. To assume that Maroon hates them, and for that matter that USN hate Maroons, is a misnomer and should be immediately disowned.

The Commonwealth wishes USN well. Period. The fact is that they have moved away from the Mutual Defense Pact in the Chestnut Accords; they retain their seats in the Economic Pact in Chestnut along with SPAM. Please, if you are going to try to start thing get your damn facts straight before you join in on a gem fight.

Moreover, the reason why some people are a bit upset about this is because it is a conflict of treaties. Nothing more, nothing less. There is and was no reason for USN to be forced to remain in Chestnut when they obviously did not want to. That is their own sovereign decision. Have a problem with it? Well, deal with it because that's how it is. Being derogatory and the like in this thread, and towards them in general on this matter, is classless at best because we have all canceled treaties at some point in time due to conflicts.

People change, and alliances do too. To assume that Maroon hates them, and for that matter that USN hate Maroons, is a misnomer and should be immediately disowned.

SOM speaks exactly what I was going to say. USN remained neutral in this war because we had allies on both sides, looking to make sure this wouldn't happen in the next war we reviewed our treaty's and took many factors into consideration before we chose to cancel on Maroon. We harbor no ill will against Maroon and I personally hope to one day see USNs name on that treaty. Till then we'll just have to go our separate ways in alliance politics.

Problem here Aut you dont have enough info to think properly. The work that was entailed in bringing maroon together was more than many can imagine. Current leaders on maroon spent even more taking it to the level of Chestnut Accords. To see a signatory walk away after all that is much like a divorce hard feelings will result. Im pretty sure repairing any rifts would be high priority, for unless the rest of maroon leadership has changed so greatly it is an important corner stone to maroonity as a whole. To make a off hand statement like this and to say the others arent interested is an uneducated statement from yet another outsider that has little understanding of what marooners do.

To USN i can only say WHAT and then wish you well. I hope you find what ever it is that you are looking for.

o/ Maroonity

Of course my posts get singled out due to speculation much less. I don't know the work that went into maroon but do you Bud? If you were involved in the talks then I'm sorry for my ignorance but as far as I'm conerned you'd be an outsider just as much as I am.

As to the mixed signals, there are mixed signals because our members all have varying opinions of it. While our official policy is that we wish them well and are sad to see them go, some do not agree with that.

I'd think it's quite clear as to the difference in reactions from CDT and the rest of Maroon. It seems USN is more concerned with their allies at CDT than they are with the alliances that are on Maroon with them. I can't say that it's good or bad, as each alliance needs to decide where they stand on things, and make decisions accordingly, but I am saddened to have a long-standing Maroon alliance distance itself from the rest of Maroon.

As to the government of USN. It is drastically different from the one that led the alliance back during the No Vision war, and even from the government in place just before the Karma war.

This was the perfect response, thank you for that.

You're still alive? I must say that I'm happy to see that. And, you are correct that things have changed quite a bit since those days long ago. One need only look at the signatures on the declaration of war, and those on this resignation to see the amount of change in the people running USN.

I'm still around, although not as involved in the issues that used to interest me the most. Seeing this announcement made me realize how out of touch I had become with my old alliance mates.

Maroon unity was an extremely hard thing to accomplish, I think it would take a lot more than this to bring it apart.