Joint Echelon, MCXA, NPO, NADC, and UBD Announcement

I wouldn't call Agora so much a 'cancer' as a failed attempt at creating a NPO-controlled of BLEU. BLEU on the other hand was a victim of Polaris' excesses and most especially those of Electron Sponge. If BLEU had remained an economic sphere, no more, no less, and kept its scruples about it, it would have had a much longer life.
Hal, nobody put a gun to anyone's head. Granted Sponge, rightly of wrongly, may have had his moments of stupidity. But, he was head of Polaris for all of 30 days in '08. BLEU was a sum of all its parts. The truth of the matter is that NPO offered MCXA the chance to be kings on the Blue sphere. After getting laughed at from the rest of BLEU, they twisted xx_Tela_xx's arm to join 1V. But, to stand there and blame Polaris with BLEU's demise is factually incorrect.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think anybody is surprised by this announcement.

Near the end of our terms Pacifica dangled Agora membership in front of Polaris. Why they thought this was something we would actually want I will never understand. Of course it was made clear that our allies in Genesis and other former BLEU alliances would not be invited, we would have to abandon some of the best allies we have ever had. Despite still recovering from our curbstomp, Polaris had the balls to say no, and the intelligence to see we would be better off without them.

Last but not least, can we all give a big fat o/ to CwC, the best damn trade circle organizer on Planet Bob?

Near the end of our terms Pacifica dangled Agora membership in front of Polaris. Why they thought this was something we would actually want I will never understand. Of course it was made clear that our allies in Genesis and other former BLEU alliances would not be invited, we would have to abandon some of the best allies we have ever had. Despite still recovering from our curbstomp, Polaris had the balls to say no, and the intelligence to see we would be better off without them.

Last but not least, can we all give a big fat o/ to CwC, the best damn trade circle organizer on Planet Bob?

o/ CwC, he probably did more than all of Agora combined.

o7 CwC, he is and always will be the Blue Team Trade Guru.

I hate to hail, but CwC deserves it and so much more. o/ CwC. That man was/is? amazing.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

I wouldn't call Agora so much a 'cancer' as a failed attempt at creating a NPO-controlled of BLEU. BLEU on the other hand was a victim of Polaris' excesses and most especially those of Electron Sponge. If BLEU had remained an economic sphere, no more, no less, and kept its scruples about it, it would have had a much longer life.

No thread is complete without Hal coming in slandering Sponge.

So I was not the only one who didn't understand that one bit :P

No, I noticed it too. But after a while you learn to dodge stupid !@#$. It's like avoiding scat thrown by a monkey... either you learn to, or you're stuck face-palming for the rest of your life (the face-palm being the metaphorical scat... or vice versa... whatever).

As for NOIR, I'm sure it's quite good, but you would have to concede that Aqua Team as a whole at this point would be "new BLEU", though clearly many of the alliances in it are tied up a bit in ongoing hostilities with "Big Red'.

Huh?

Because obviously BLEU fought lots of wars against Pacifica, and also because all the Aqua alliances are all MADPed together and completely control their senate in a small, smoke-filled room?

Ummm okay.

Without a doubt. It was a pleasure working with him, if only for a brief period of time. I hope he's still around and doing what he does best.

o/ CwC :wub: