Color Relations?

ModusOperandi

From its inception, the political landscape of Bob has been evolving; first, it was nation to nation, next it was alliance to alliance, than bloc to bloc and now ???

Kevin is like, "omg full circle!" :laugh:

I think it'll be tough for color spheres to stay united, just like blocs. I'd have to say the most solid out of those is probably Poseidon and Chestnut Accords.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually wrote a small essay on 'Sphere Utopianism' and was going to create a radical alliance dedicated to the creation of the first ever team-wide military bloc, in the hope of provoking sphere warfare to take CN into a new epoch :)

No jokes, I just decided I needed to devote more time to outdoor things, I take this game too seriously :P

PYT.

Meh, even with the Chestnut Accords most of the signatories are heavily associated with signatories of SF! (though ironically the majority of major maroon alliances are all treatied to SF!, so that could indeed be considered to be rather unified). With the exception of USN and perhaps a few smaller microalliances, Maroon generally has the same trends in treaties. If anything, however, Maroon is pretty well tied with multiple colored spheres through various defensive pacts and blocs.

People have been saying ever since UJW that politics are going to shift from alliance-driven to team-driven. I don't see it happening. Sure, there's been an increase in color unity since UJW, but there hasn't been a paradigm shift from alliance-driven politics to team-driven politics, and I doubt there ever will be. I think team unity will remain an interesting facet of the game, and perhaps grow, but we're not gonna see politics being driven at the team level.

-Bama

I actually wrote a small essay on 'Sphere Utopianism' and was going to create a radical alliance dedicated to the creation of the first ever team-wide military bloc, in the hope of provoking sphere warfare to take CN into a new epoch :)

No jokes, I just decided I needed to devote more time to outdoor things, I take this game too seriously :P

PYT.

:ph34r:Keep an eye out for Red over the next six months... :ph34r:

Heh heh; that'd be a great idea, probably not so far off though from the next few years..

Of course, Red would be in tough though; since the war there's only been announcements from three alliances, two of which either reveal a portion of their membership via AA or don't have enough nations to be recognizes and one of which refuses to acknowledge the existence of the other. :lol1: We're a shattered family haha.

Thanks for the thoughts guys, what's been happening with Aqua?

@ :mad: mhawk :mad::lol1:

Watching the evolution of Black was particularly interesting.

Indeed; sort-of wish I had moved there so that I could have seen it. The development of Red after the war, the revival of Yellow and the future of Terra Cotta decisions now have me intrigued.

Edited by ModusOperandi

People have been saying ever since UJW that politics are going to shift from alliance-driven to team-driven. I don't see it happening. Sure, there's been an increase in color unity since UJW, but there hasn't been a paradigm shift from alliance-driven politics to team-driven politics, and I doubt there ever will be. I think team unity will remain an interesting facet of the game, and perhaps grow, but we're not gonna see politics being driven at the team level.

-Bama

Would you stop reading my mind <_<

You forgot the PINK bloc.... ("Pwnage" if i remember correctly)...

And for Purple, the whole system is PEACE (basic Economic pact with a light military clause - oDoAP), and then the 2 Military Pacts : POSEIDON (MDoAP pacts) and POSEIDON (Protectorate)... Then you have a little byproducts which is called "Custodia Celeris" (for beginning alliances willing some protection)...

Link provided for those who want more information : >> CLICK HERE <<

Our Common board : Purple Unity Board

Thoroughly doubt it, the largest blocs span over multiple colours, I did hear a rumor that TOP wants to betray gremlins in an attempt to take over aqua though..

As I understand it we once infiltrated Pink in order to get an extra Senate Seat, so there is a sort of precedent for this...

Watching the evolution of Black was particularly interesting.

and do i dare say alot of what we did was built on the foundation of what Zzzptm tried doing last year?

Noir is the largest bloc right now i believe, it has over half of the Black sphere signed onto it, and there are more wanting membership each month

and yes i know i skipped 2 pages to quote, get over it :P

Edited by Fort Pitt

and do i dare say alot of what we did was built on the foundation of what Zzzptm tried doing last year?

Wait, you based NOIR on a tradition of lying to allies and starting fake wars in order to extort technology?

Or is this some other zzzptm that I've been previously unaware of?

Wait, you based NOIR on a tradition of lying to allies and starting fake wars in order to extort technology?

Or is this some other zzzptm that I've been previously unaware of?

Through the course of human affairs every single person has one flaw, most a tragic flaw. No one will say zzzptm didn't make mistakes. He made a horrible mistake.

However, that does not take away from the good he did for the black sphere. We were lucky to have a man of his caliber pioneering on our sphere.

Through the course of human affairs every single person has one flaw, most a tragic flaw. No one will say zzzptm didn't make mistakes. He made a horrible mistake.

However, that does not take away from the good he did for the black sphere. We were lucky to have a man of his caliber pioneering on our sphere.

All I can say here is: you might wanna ask BAPS about that. Karma's friendliness to zzzptm is one of the reasons why BAPS was on Hegemony's side.

Brown intrigues me. OTF, LEN, CoIN and 57th all in The Nexus, which isn't technically a colour bloc but at the moment all signatories are brown sphere alliances. Then there's NSO, CD and IoM in Terra Cotta which is a colour bloc. All the major alliances on the sphere are contained within the two blocs and none of them share signatories ^_^

Brown intrigues me. OTF, LEN, CoIN and 57th all in The Nexus, which isn't technically a colour bloc but at the moment all signatories are brown sphere alliances. Then there's NSO, CD and IoM in Terra Cotta which is a colour bloc. All the major alliances on the sphere are contained within the two blocs and none of them share signatories ^_^

Err... GATO is the largest brown alliance.