Alliance Hopping

Thomasj_tx

Alliance Hopping?  

250 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Given the post-war movement of nations from alliance to alliance, I am curious as to if your alliance has any formal or informal restrictions on former alliance members returning to your alliance.

Please vote in the poll and please feel free to describe your alliances rules, policies or practices as they apply to this topic.

Thanks!

Edited by Thomasjtx

Just out of curiosity. Are you actually the guy in the vid or is it some meme I missed

He is a reminder that after 10 years people still don't know how to ignore trolls

as far as the topic go's if we are talking about alliances accepting people that deserted their last allaince, most seem to not care when they are smaller but the larger the allaince the more it may take to convince if they know about it, and its their loss when those members bail during war. If its alliances letting those that surrendered from them come back to them, I have not seen any ever go back, or enough to really know how its dealt with in reality.

GR received so many alliance hoppers during the war we had to give them a separate mask. Though we did warn them that they were responsible for solving their relationships with their former alliances and we would provide them with no protection for any grievance those alliances may have with them.

Edited by Sal Paradise

Ignoring the f'n spammer... my alliance has no such rules. Or at least none that I, as a government member, knows about.

I don't believe TPF has any restrictions or formal working concerning "hoppers", or immigrants. Though, I just don't plain know.

I don't like alliance hopping really, only switched once, ever. Only ever been in two alliances. Invicta, since its founding until the end of 2008. And about the past 5 months in TPF.

Meh. I've been in 4 alliances in 3 years. A fifth, soon, I guess, but it feels like way too many. I'm not fond of alliance hopping but as with anything else the way I deal with it is entirely dependent not on that single trait but the sum of all the merits and demerits of the person in question.

Oceana 1.0 was historically a very forgiving alliance that went out of its way to help a few people try to clear up some bad reputations. Some worked out better than others. This time around, we're being a bit more selective about the motivations of those who join us. The procedures aren't formal, but we aren't going to allow half-hearted commitments into our ranks.

Not a whole lot of people leave, and when they do they usually come back pretty fast.

TOP is a revolving door when it comes to that.

At least we can punish them with our tests before they can return :v:

Case by case.

I think, really as an alliance hopper, that there are very good reasons for leaving an alliance. One of which is that you're not having fun. Another would be the alliance is moving in a way that you disagree with regardless of your grievances and efforts to change it. Running from an alliance just because a war hits then trying to get back in could, to me, be a very sad excuse for leaving. Even then it would depend.