Reps for IRON, NPO, Echelon, and TPF

Chickenzilla

Not currently, but you'll be amazed at how fast you rebuild with those wonders. But either way your personal plight does not necessarily reflect the state of the entire alliance.

Also last I checked there was almost 30 IRON members with 5k infra or more, and I'm sure you have plenty of members with warchests that haven't been totally exhausted already and will be back to that level the second peace is signed. And even 4k infra nations can send a full 15mil in aid if they really needed to.

Even if they can pay it, ask yourself these questions.

1) Should they have to? Have they committee crimes worthy of such reps? Yes, they stood by NPO, but probably a majority of your side's NS "stood by NPO" for many months after noCB, only ditching them when momentum got going for what would become Karma.

2) Do the alliances they're fighting have a legitimate right to claim such reps? Have these alliances been terribly wronged by IRON, or even by IRON's allies? Funny thing is, Ragnarok is the alliance demanding 3 billion and 50k tech (no one else wants reps, I believe, but I may be wrong on that... All I do know for sure is that 3b/50k is the number in the table). Has RoK ever been rolled? Have they ever been forced to pay reps? No and no. Who are they to demand that restitution money be sent to THEIR pockets? That's not restitution, it's extortion. There are alliances with a legitimate claim to reps, and RoK is not one of them. What has IRON done to them to justify RoK getting such reps?

-Bama

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if they can pay it, ask yourself these questions.

1) Should they have to? Have they committee crimes worthy of such reps? Yes, they stood by NPO, but probably a majority of your side's NS "stood by NPO" for many months after noCB, only ditching them when momentum got going for what would become Karma.

2) Do the alliances they're fighting have a legitimate right to claim such reps? Have these alliances been terribly wronged by IRON, or even by IRON's allies? Funny thing is, Ragnarok is the alliance demanding 3 billion and 50k tech (no one else wants reps, I believe, but I may be wrong on that... All I do know for sure is that 3b/50k is the number in the table). Has RoK ever been rolled? Have they ever been forced to pay reps? No and no. Who are they to demand that restitution money be sent to THEIR pockets? That's not restitution, it's extortion. There are alliances with a legitimate claim to reps, and RoK is not one of them. What has IRON done to them to justify RoK getting such reps?

-Bama

If you've read my posts you'll see I am an advocate of saying no to reps in general and just a general ban against foreign aid. Reps serve no purpose except to clog enemy foreign aid slots, money is so cheap in CN that even the billions that can be extorted have almost no lasting effect. It's far more effective and less moraly questionable than demanding large amounts of reps.

My point isn't trying to justify people paying large reps, it's pointing out that they could if they wanted to. IRON claiming they would be unable to pay large amounts of reps is either them flat out lying, or them indicating exactly how ill prepared for a large scale war and how disorganized in general their alliance is.

If you've read my posts you'll see I am an advocate of saying no to reps in general and just a general ban against foreign aid. Reps serve no purpose except to clog enemy foreign aid slots, money is so cheap in CN that even the billions that can be extorted have almost no lasting effect. It's far more effective and less moraly questionable than demanding large amounts of reps.

My point isn't trying to justify people paying large reps, it's pointing out that they could if they wanted to. IRON claiming they would be unable to pay large amounts of reps is either them flat out lying, or them indicating exactly how ill prepared for a large scale war and how disorganized in general their alliance is.

Ah, okay. I read your post as "they can pay, so make them pay." My bad, I'm tired. :P

-Bama

1) Should they have to? Have they committee crimes worthy of such reps?

Yes, yes they have.

but probably a majority of your side's NS "stood by NPO" for many months after noCB

Solid logic here. So it's okay for me to kill people because there are other people that have got away with murder?

Yes, yes they have.

Solid logic here. So it's okay for me to kill people because there are other people that have got away with murder?

Expand on that please.

No. Terrible analogy. Look at it like this: Is it okay for an accused thief to rob another accused thief, and then to free? I love how anyone who bailed on NPO in the 11th hour is automatically absolved, while anyone who stuck with them even when they saw a beatdown coming is a criminal of the worst kind.

-Bama

All I am going to say is, "if" some of these various alliances get terms, then they better be light, because if they aren't... then oh boy... I am going to enjoy myself watching it all unfold.

Then why demand it in the first place?

It is strange how everyone is claiming to have secretly waived reps now that they are trying to argue against the prospect of reps ...

Being the good guys does not mean being so stupid as to give the bad guy a help up after you gave him a little tickle. Much of Karma has already been on the other end of the NS drop and seen how your ilk deal with a beaten alliance. The new world can't emerge until the bullies of the old are no longer in a position to dictate anything.

People keep missing the point that Karma's work is not done until the threat is extinguished. Glad to see that not everyone has lost sight of this.

IRON will pay reps I am sure but I doubt they will be cruel and unusual.

It would be highly hypocritical to say Karma hadn't be aching for this war to happen.

If Karma had been 'aching' for a war to break out, Karma would have made the first move.

You purposely ignore the fact that Karma is a defensive coalition that only assembled as a response to unjustified Pacifican aggression. Aggression which IRON has attempted to validate by defending the New Pacific Order.

You answered your own question. IRON has stood by Pacifica and other Hegemony alliances for years, growing fat on the benefits of extortion, the removal of political opponents through manufactured wars and the use of permanent and eternal-ZI, and the protection generated from every underhanded act perpetrated by core Hegemony alliances intended to extend their domination. What has been good for Pacifica has been good for IRON. As for this argument that former allies of the New Pacific Order are just as guilty as current Hegemony alliances, there are three major flaws:

Firstly, those groups - such as Sparta, VE, FOK, Ragnarok, etc - that were formerly allied to the New Pacific Order and other Hegemony alliances, but now fight for Karma or are involved as an associated power, were never at the forefront of any of the major injustices committed by Pacifica and core Hegemony alliances. When you ask those who have been grossly wronged in the past two or so years who they feel were most responsible for the transgressions against them, it is rarely an answer of "Sparta" or "FOK". Rather, you will find the most common answers would be "NPO", "Valhalla", "TPF", "IRON", "Old Guard" and "GGA". This certainly does not excuse alliances for their bolstering of the pre-war 'hegemony' (not the war-time coalition), which to some degree, provided current core Hegemony alliances the ability to commit their despicable actions. However, this leads me to my second point.

The actions in this war of ex-Continuum alliances and former allies of the New Pacific Order can be, to a rather large extent, interpreted as a form of 'penance' for previous events and prior support (whether directly or indirectly) for the heinous transgressions of Pacifica et al. Over time - some more swiftly than others - each came to realise that the stranglehold on political and military affairs that they buttressed was neither just, nor within the best interests of the Cyberverse at large. They chose the right course of action in assisting with the destruction of a monster they inadvertently created.

My final point is rather simple. You claim that these alliances ditched NPO just as momentum materialised for what became Karma. That would seem a sensible course of action to me, considering for two years, any alliance seen as a significant threat to Pacifica or other central Hegemony alliances had a strange tendency to find themselves in a war with odds grossly skewed against them and subsequently paying colossal reparations for entirely defensive engagements.

There are alliances with a legitimate claim to reps, and RoK is not one of them. What has IRON done to them to justify RoK getting such reps?

Ragnarok was attacked by IRON as a result of the latter attempting to validate Pacifican aggression. Ragnarok is more than justified in pursuing reparations. Let no one forget just who is responsible for this war.

All I am going to say is, "if" some of these various alliances get terms, then they better be light, because if they aren't... then oh boy... I am going to enjoy myself watching it all unfold.

Watch what unfold, exactly? Your righteous indignation towards fair and reasonable surrender terms imposed upon alliances that are more than deserving of them? You might have to get in line behind Alterego for the soapbox on that particular topic.

Edited by Revanche

And yes, sometimes choosing a side at the 11th hour does mean the difference between receiving and having to send out reps. That is the game. It is honorable to honor a treaty not only because you risk destruction in war but also because you are prepared to stand responsible in the case of a loss with those you fought with. That is part of what makes it a tough call. You also have to be prepared to pay the reps when your side loses.

Do the alliances they're fighting have a legitimate right to claim such reps?

Each alliance fighting in this war has taken billions of dollars in damages. You don't have to look back into history to justify what would be seen as large reps, simply looking at the damage done by IRON, TPF or NPO in this war would get you a number which is completely ridiculous (hundreds of billions).

Re 'bailing at the 11th hour', this war is the first opportunity since the Unjust War for most alliances to make a stand against the hegemony without being destroyed. Even disengaging from the hegemony is a risky business; the spectre of the Viridicide has hung over the Cyberverse for two years, but until this month it was a good indication of how the alliances in power would deal with independence. (I notice some IRON commentators now painting their own decision to lose independence as being because of that danger, too.)

Some might suggest the Polar/Hyperion war, but a large majority of the NS in the political world was committed to attacking C&G and BLEU for its own reasons (legitimate or not), and I don't think anyone would have earnt themselves anything other than a rolling and large reparations by attempting to make a stand then. So it is not 'bailing at the 11th hour', it is 'standing up to be counted when given the chance'.

If Karma had been 'aching' for a war to break out, Karma would have made the first move.

You purposely ignore the fact that Karma is a defensive coalition that only assembled as a response to unjustified Pacifican aggression. Aggression which IRON has attempted to validate by defending the New Pacific Order.

You answered your own question. IRON has stood by Pacifica and other Hegemony alliances for years, growing fat on the benefits of extortion, the removal of political opponents through manufactured wars and the use of permanent and eternal-ZI, and the protection generated from every underhanded act perpetrated by core Hegemony alliances intended to extend their domination. What has been good for Pacifica has been good for IRON. As for this argument that former allies of the New Pacific Order are just as guilty as current Hegemony alliances, there are three major flaws:

Firstly, those groups - such as Sparta, VE, FOK, Ragnarok, etc - that were formerly allied to the New Pacific Order and other Hegemony alliances, but now fight for Karma or are involved as an associated power, were never at the forefront of any of the major injustices committed by Pacifica and core Hegemony alliances. When you ask those who have been grossly wronged in the past two or so years who they feel were most responsible for the transgressions against them, it is rarely an answer of "Sparta" or "FOK". Rather, you will find the most common answers would be "NPO", "Valhalla", "TPF", "IRON", "Old Guard" and "GGA". This certainly does not excuse alliances for their bolstering of the pre-war 'hegemony' (not the war-time coalition), which to some degree, provided current core Hegemony alliances the ability to commit their despicable actions. However, this leads me to my second point.

The actions in this war of ex-Continuum alliances and former allies of the New Pacific Order can be, to a rather large extent, interpreted as a form of 'penance' for previous events and prior support (whether directly or indirectly) for the heinous transgressions of Pacifica et al. Over time - some more swiftly than others - each came to realise that the stranglehold on political and military affairs that they buttressed was neither just, nor within the best interests of the Cyberverse at large. They chose the right course of action in assisting with the destruction of a monster they inadvertently created.

My final point is rather simple. You claim that these alliances ditched NPO just as momentum materialised for what became Karma. That would seem a sensible course of action to me, considering for two years, any alliance seen as a significant threat to Pacifica or other central Hegemony alliances had a strange tendency to find themselves in a war with odds grossly skewed against them and subsequently paying colossal reparations for entirely defensive engagements.

Ragnarok was attacked by IRON as a result of the latter attempting to validate Pacifican aggression. Ragnarok is more than justified in pursuing reparations. Let no one forget just who is responsible for this war.

Watch what unfold, exactly? Your righteous indignation towards fair and reasonable surrender terms imposed upon alliances that are more than deserving of them? You might have to get in line behind Alterego for the soapbox on that particular topic.

HAHAHa this is the pinnacle of hypocrisy and political spin. ......... "when you think of crimes committed against you you dont' think of Sparta, Rok, or any of the other alliances (i happen to like right now)" ........ "you think of NPO , TPF, GGA , IRON........

........right...... pleaase show me one instance where someone has said "remember that trumped up war IRON made for lulz just to destroy so and so"......

When you think of brutality and lulz beatdowns you think of GOONS, FAN, and /m\..... the very alliances that most people now are cheering for a reboot...... 1V was like a housecat compared to the crazy tiger that was WUT... who made lulz beatdowns, triple team tech raids, and EZI a staple in CN....

talk about a whole long paragraph of absolute crap. and your second point just cheers on bandwagoning and 11th hour cancellations. If thats how you plan your future in CN, good luck.

.. and for the record, before 1V, IRON was pretty much a sitting duck for WUT so you can all stop with the excessive exaggerations about the "years and years we spent as the evil ironlords horrible henchmen"..... we pretty much started as friends with polar.

anyway you all are beating a dead horse, i posted pages ago that the good reps are gone now, the greedy alliances ruined it.... it's too late to get rich off us now.... you can refute it all you like but it won't change spit.

Re 'bailing at the 11th hour', this war is the first opportunity since the Unjust War for most alliances to make a stand against the hegemony without being destroyed.

Some of us who fought on the hegemony side took a stand then, why didn't Citadel and company join us then?

HAHAHa this is the pinnacle of hypocrisy and political spin. ......... "when you think of crimes committed against you you dont' think of Sparta, Rok, or any of the other alliances (i happen to like right now)" ........ "you think of NPO , TPF, GGA , IRON........

........right...... pleaase show me one instance where someone has said "remember that trumped up war IRON made for lulz just to destroy so and so"......

When you think of brutality and lulz beatdowns you think of GOONS, FAN, and /m\..... the very alliances that most people now are cheering for a reboot...... 1V was like a housecat compared to the crazy tiger that was WUT... who made lulz beatdowns, triple team tech raids, and EZI a staple in CN....

talk about a whole long paragraph of absolute crap. and your second point just cheers on bandwagoning and 11th hour cancellations. If thats how you plan your future in CN, good luck.

.. and for the record, before 1V, IRON was pretty much a sitting duck for WUT so you can all stop with the excessive exaggerations about the "years and years we spent as the evil ironlords horrible henchmen"..... we pretty much started as friends with polar.

anyway you all are beating a dead horse, i posted pages ago that the good reps are gone now, the greedy alliances ruined it.... it's too late to get rich off us now.... you can refute it all you like but it won't change spit.

Unless you turned down surrender terms asking for upwards of multiple of trillions in cash and millions in tech then I don't think it's possible to "get rich" from IRON. At this point, and I think I speak for all of Ragnorok when I say this, I'd rather remain at war with you until the majority of your membership leaves or you simply become a non-factor due to irrelevance.

Does declaring on someone because you don't like them and want them dead count as 'lulz'? :P

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=31048

The reps being asked are tiny by comparison with reps IRON demanded from others in the past. IRON could pay them easily and quickly. For now, IRON prefers to argue and fight.

Disappointing. :(

Some of us who fought on the hegemony side took a stand then, why didn't Citadel and company join us then?

In addition to there having been no Citadel at the time, it would have been *extremely* out of character for most of the folk that now make up the Citadel to do that then. NPO at that point could still claim to be a somewhat *benevolent* hegemon with a straight face, and UJP were the bad guys. Doh!

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

The reason IRON changed course on your interpretation of Independent is because back in the day, GOONs and FAN would have liked nothing better than to attack and crush us for fun. It was the NPO who made sure they didn't try anything, and for that we always respected the NPO as a stable and relatively friendly alliance.

I remember a time when I was in IRON Council that both FAN and GOONS sought friendly relations with IRON. In fact, again during my time as IRON Council, a NAP (the only kind of treaty IRON ever signed back then) was signed with GOONS.

If not for that little incident post GWIII concerning IRON and ODN, I doubt GOONS would have looked twice at IRON. Obviously, I can't speak for them, but my conversations with then GOONS gov of the time did give me that impression, flawed or not.

Same incident from post GWIII era. ODN was decisively defeated by GOONS, IRON made a big deal out of something that NEVER should have made it to the CN forums, especially considering the lip service given to the IRON-ODN relationship at that time. End result was ODN surrendered to IRON without a shot fired, and GOONS gave ODN a protectorate for the remainder of the GWIII terms. Convoluted story I know, if you really want to talk about it, feel free to PM me, or find me on IRC.

Edited by empirica

Some of us who fought on the hegemony side took a stand [in the UjW], why didn't Citadel and company join us then?

Apart from the obvious answer (Citadel didn't exist until late September), both sides were bad. On one side were the Orders and GGA, who had been giving us trouble over Green, and on the other GOONS who were the embodiment of abuse of power. As far as we were concerned, the two sides annihilating each other would be ideal.

The reps being asked are tiny by comparison with reps IRON demanded from others in the past. IRON could pay them easily and quickly. For now, IRON prefers to argue and fight.

Why don't you share the reps that we took...and for sake of objectivity, do mention the ones for which we paid for.

By all means, don't refute a single one of my points. I doubt you were expecting to see your backroom extortion attempts made public. I hope your earlier post is correct and the final number is much lower than 3b/50k.

-Bama

Keep trying Bama. If you take a second and look around, you're on your own. I don't see Finster, peron, Shan, MCRABT or any of the other IRON gov officials I've dealt with here backing up your foolish assumptions.

How many times have I refuted your !@#$%^&*? And how many times has one of the above come and backed you up?

Quit wasting my time.

Then why did Atlantis disband? Did Emperor Moo just wake up one day and tell Slayer that he's going to disband Atlantis? I'm pretty sure there was internal strife and that it was disclosed that Atlantis had spies in other alliance.

If I'm wrong, please enlighten me. I'm all eyes.

There was no spy in the NPO or TPF.

For those that think IRON or TPF can't pay much, look at these terms. Oh, and at the time that these were handed out, GR had 3. something in score left.

SOLID terms

1. decom all military only soldiers at 30% lvl (this includes all AF, Navies, nuclear weapons

2. decom all military improvements(all Naval, barracks, GCs, Satellites, and Missile defenses)(3 Satellites and 3 Missile Defenses may be kept for those with SDI's) (and a maximum of 3 Intelligence agencies)

3. Cancel all military treaties(ODP's and above) and accepting no new ones for the 90 days of these terms.

4. The above mentioned alliances will have the ability to buy a total of 12,300 tech at the rate of 3m = 150 tech.

Broken down into

GGA 2250

Valhalla 2250

NATO 2250

BAPS 2250

Invicta 2250

Zenith 1050

GR Term:

1. Decommission all military. This includes Air Force, Navy, Cruise Missiles and Tanks. Soldiers must be decommissioned to below 30%. 10 members of Greenland Republic may possess up to 3 nuclear weapons for a total of 30 alliance wide.

2. Decommission all Military Improvements. This includes Guerrilla Camps, Barracks, Satellites and Missile Defenses. Each member may posses up to 3 Intelligence Agencies. Also, GR members in possession of the SDI wonder are allowed to keep the necessary Satellites and Missile Defenses (3 of each), but must destroy all others.

3. Decommission all Offensive Wonders. This includes Pentagons, Foreign Air Force Bases, Hidden Nuclear Missile Silo's, Weapons Research Centers and. (MPs edited out.)

4. Cancel all Military Treaties (ODP and above). Greenland Republic will not sign any new treaties while serving these terms.

5. Greenland Republic will pay Valhalla and GGA 500 million and 4,000 tech (250mil and 2k tech each). Also, 1000 tech is to be sent to Sparta, 1,500 tech to TORN, 1,000 tech to Molon Labe, 70 million to Elysium and 250 tech to AlferAlfer of Poison Clan.

LOSS may voluntarily aid the Greenland Republic to enhance GR’s ability to pay these reps.

STA terms.

1. STA Decom's all military (tanks, CMs, AF, NAVY) soldiers at 30% or less for 150 days. STA is allowed 40 nukes for the purposes of rogue defense, etc. during this time.

2. STA Destroys all Hidden Silo's they may have and agrees to not purchase any further military wonders for the duration of terms.

3. STA Destroys all military improvements (sats, md's, Barracks, G-camps) for 150 days. STA nations are limited to 3 Intel agency each for 150 days. Sats and MDs required for SDIs are allowed.

4. STA cancels all ODP and higher treaties and cannot sign new treaties with any military clauses for 150 days.

5. STA pays the Alliances at war with them $250 million and 12,000 tech total. (it will be split accordingly amongst all). Valhalla will buy 3,000 tech(which is included in the 12k amount) from STA at a rate of $3 million per 100 tech.

6. STA and the Coalition alliances will stay respectful on the OWF at all times.

7. For the duration of the 150 days, STA will be under the military protection of the Coalition.

8. If a member violates a term and STA doesn't fix it within a timely manner of being alerted to the infraction, the transgressor is ejected. A pattern of alliance-wide violations will be met with military action if not addressed in a timely manner.

9. If payments go past 150 days then STA remains under coalition protection until said time as they do and terms will end 1 week past last payment date

10. No inter alliance aid will be allowed until terms end. The exception to this is that STA may do tech deals with and only with the alliances listed below at $3 mil per 100 tech(How many and with what quantity it solely upto the discretion of STA).

There was no spy in the NPO or TPF.

For those that think IRON or TPF can't pay much, look at these terms. Oh, and at the time that these were handed out, GR had 3. something in score left.

SOLID terms

1. decom all military only soldiers at 30% lvl (this includes all AF, Navies, nuclear weapons

2. decom all military improvements(all Naval, barracks, GCs, Satellites, and Missile defenses)(3 Satellites and 3 Missile Defenses may be kept for those with SDI's) (and a maximum of 3 Intelligence agencies)

3. Cancel all military treaties(ODP's and above) and accepting no new ones for the 90 days of these terms.

4. The above mentioned alliances will have the ability to buy a total of 12,300 tech at the rate of 3m = 150 tech.

Broken down into

GGA 2250

Valhalla 2250

NATO 2250

BAPS 2250

Invicta 2250

Zenith 1050

GR Term:

1. Decommission all military. This includes Air Force, Navy, Cruise Missiles and Tanks. Soldiers must be decommissioned to below 30%. 10 members of Greenland Republic may possess up to 3 nuclear weapons for a total of 30 alliance wide.

2. Decommission all Military Improvements. This includes Guerrilla Camps, Barracks, Satellites and Missile Defenses. Each member may posses up to 3 Intelligence Agencies. Also, GR members in possession of the SDI wonder are allowed to keep the necessary Satellites and Missile Defenses (3 of each), but must destroy all others.

3. Decommission all Offensive Wonders. This includes Pentagons, Foreign Air Force Bases, Hidden Nuclear Missile Silo's, Weapons Research Centers and. (MPs edited out.)

4. Cancel all Military Treaties (ODP and above). Greenland Republic will not sign any new treaties while serving these terms.

5. Greenland Republic will pay Valhalla and GGA 500 million and 4,000 tech (250mil and 2k tech each). Also, 1000 tech is to be sent to Sparta, 1,500 tech to TORN, 1,000 tech to Molon Labe, 70 million to Elysium and 250 tech to AlferAlfer of Poison Clan.

LOSS may voluntarily aid the Greenland Republic to enhance GR’s ability to pay these reps.

STA terms.

1. STA Decom's all military (tanks, CMs, AF, NAVY) soldiers at 30% or less for 150 days. STA is allowed 40 nukes for the purposes of rogue defense, etc. during this time.

2. STA Destroys all Hidden Silo's they may have and agrees to not purchase any further military wonders for the duration of terms.

3. STA Destroys all military improvements (sats, md's, Barracks, G-camps) for 150 days. STA nations are limited to 3 Intel agency each for 150 days. Sats and MDs required for SDIs are allowed.

4. STA cancels all ODP and higher treaties and cannot sign new treaties with any military clauses for 150 days.

5. STA pays the Alliances at war with them $250 million and 12,000 tech total. (it will be split accordingly amongst all). Valhalla will buy 3,000 tech(which is included in the 12k amount) from STA at a rate of $3 million per 100 tech.

6. STA and the Coalition alliances will stay respectful on the OWF at all times.

7. For the duration of the 150 days, STA will be under the military protection of the Coalition.

8. If a member violates a term and STA doesn't fix it within a timely manner of being alerted to the infraction, the transgressor is ejected. A pattern of alliance-wide violations will be met with military action if not addressed in a timely manner.

9. If payments go past 150 days then STA remains under coalition protection until said time as they do and terms will end 1 week past last payment date

10. No inter alliance aid will be allowed until terms end. The exception to this is that STA may do tech deals with and only with the alliances listed below at $3 mil per 100 tech(How many and with what quantity it solely upto the discretion of STA).

Just pointing out IRON did not take reps from any of the above mentioned alliances subject to terms of peace.