Official Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

Official Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

Treaty Cancellation

topflagnt2.png

Of all TOP's mutual-defense treaties, the MDoAP we hold with the New Pacific Order is the oldest. We and Pacifica have been through much together, good and bad, in the two and a half years since the treaty was signed. Unfortunately, events have shaken our faith in the validity of the friendship between our two alliances; actions on the part of Pacifica have convinced us that they view us not as friends, but rather merely as a strategic asset, and we do not wish to continue such a relationship.

The Order of the Paradox hereby cancels the MDoAP in existence between we and the New Pacific Order. This was not an easy decision; it was reached after weeks of discussion on the issue. Ultimately, we determined that cancellation of the treaty was the most fitting course of action in this situation.

We wish Pacifica all the best, and we hope that the relationship between us will see repair in the future.

Signed,

Crymson, Grandmaster

Dr. Dan, Grand Hospitaller

SomeGuy, Grand Chancellor

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect, the allies you are working closest with in the current war, alliances you have been speaking privately with for months about a possible attack, are shooting at NPO as targets bear. I fail to see what was difficult about it.

Common sense would dictate that this treaty be canceled, indeed it is overdue.

There's a lot of things that could probably be said here, most of which will either be said or already have been by those esteemed posters above me. As for me, I will merely wish both sides the best of luck in the future, tip my hat, and be on my way. Sorry to disappoint.

With all due respect, the allies you are working closest with in the current war, alliances you have been speaking privately with for months about a possible attack, are shooting at NPO as targets bear. I fail to see what was difficult about it.

There is no way you were that far out of the loop, I'm sorry.

Common sense would dictate that this treaty be canceled, indeed it is overdue.

To be honest, we were waiting until the end of the war to cancel in respect of the history the treaty has as our first mutual defense pact, even though most of us had come to agree that we should drop it right after the war started. However, eventually, there were enough people asking 'why wait?' for us to cancel it now instead of later.

Of all TOP's mutual-defense treaties, the MDoAP we hold with the New Pacific Order is the oldest. We and Pacifica have been through much together, good and bad, in the two and a half years since the treaty was signed. Unfortunately, events have shaken our faith in the validity of the friendship between our two alliances; actions on the part of Pacifica have convinced us that they view us not as friends, but rather merely as a strategic asset, and we do not wish to continue such a relationship.

The Order of the Paradox hereby cancels the MDoAP in existence between we and the New Pacific Order. This was not an easy decision; it was reached after weeks of discussion on the issue. Ultimately, we determined that cancellation of the treaty was the most fitting course of action in this situation.

Wouldn't a smart alliance such as TOP know when they're being played? Why'd it take you this long and why did you just cancel on the NPO when it seemed most convenient? Did you now just realize the NPO was using you as a "strategic" ally? Just curious since the NPO is your oldest ally and you did leave a door open to re-establish relations just in case NPO becomes no. 1 again.

Heh, I don't know I just don't see it.

Edited by The AUT

Wouldn't a smart alliance such as TOP know when they're being played? Why'd it take you this long and why did you just cancel on the NPO when it seemed most convenient? Did you now just realize the NPO was using you as a "strategic" ally? Just curious since the NPO is your oldest ally and you did leave a door open to re-establish relations just in case NPO becomes no. 1 again.

Heh, I don't know I just don't see it.

By your logic TOP's only treaty should be with Sparta.

Anyone who saw how things went down at the start of the war knows why.

Wouldn't a smart alliance such as TOP know....

Thank you for the compliment. Having such a large, active and knowledgable membership, we know that there are a lot of points of view to be taken into consideration. Please note the part of the announcement which states: "This was not an easy decision; it was reached after weeks of discussion on the issue." All of you who know anything about us will know the absolute truth of those statements.