Jarheads War effect on NPO battle readiness

Sileath

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that the NPO are using the speed recruiting methods of Jarheads...they have recruited 100+ new nations (Counting newly created nations only) in the last fortnight which is phenomenal. This is why their membership numbers are not decreasing. I wonder if anyone else is recruiting.

edit: typo grrrrr!

http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance...sp?Alliance=NPO Applicant

It's either what you're saying, or it's the fact that they accepted over 100 applicants who were previously just sitting on the AA, before the war. I wonder which.

It doesn't do much other than perhaps make it look as though people aren't running from a government that has sent them lie built upon lie for their entire time in the alliance. They're still losing the NS and the avg. NS is falling faster than the rebuilt statue of Lady Pacifica. They're just using small nations as numbers for now. Expect it to last not too much longer, there are only 92 applicants left over.

Edited by JayOvfEnnay

I see that the NPO are using the speed recruiting methods of Jarheads...they have recruited 100+ new nations (Counting newly created nations only) in the last fortnight which is phenomenal. This is why their membership numbers are not decreasing. I wonder if anyone else is recruiting.

They've put on nearly 150 members since the first day of the war.

And TDO and GATO certainly seem to be taking advantage of the chaos. Both have thrown on large numbers of nations.

Sarcasm fails me at the moment. What the hell were you thinking when you made this topic? Even if this happened -- which is highly unlikely -- you have absolutely no statistical or empirical evidence to back it up, you've made no argument for it for us to discuss, you've got absolutely nothing to base this theory on. Were you just overcome by an insatiable desire to hit the New Topic button that you tossed in the most ridiculous idea that came to mind? Next time, do us all a favour and AdBlock it instead. You deserve the mockery you're going to get.

Well, I wouldn't be nearly this harsh about it, but yeah... Jarheads really didn't affect this war.

-Bama

Seems like the NPO used it to test the waters so to speak with their newer nations. Kind of like telling a kid to first start off in the shallow end of the pool.

I highly doubt Jarheads put much of a dent in the NPO warmachine though.

They've put on nearly 150 members since the first day of the war.

And TDO and GATO certainly seem to be taking advantage of the chaos. Both have thrown on large numbers of nations.

I was wondering why the NPO drop wasn't as "steep" as IRON's. Could a bunch of small nations actually change it that much?

I've not paid close attention to the ranking calc for a while, and I've forgotten the formula or if it changed or not. Is member count the highest metric?

I was wondering why the NPO drop wasn't as "steep" as IRON's. Could a bunch of small nations actually change it that much?

I've not paid close attention to the ranking calc for a while, and I've forgotten the formula or if it changed or not. Is member count the highest metric?

While the NPO could boast a heavy amount of nuke firepower, the majority of NPO power lies in the lower ranks. Those wars do not see losses nearly as fast as nuclear battles. IRON had less members and more nukes I think. That shows they have a higher NS power base, plus look at the alliances they went up against. I bet IRON has taken quite a bit more nukes then NPO has. To take down the NPO you have to be ready for a long grinding war.

Well, it's less the thing keeping NPO from being like IRON, as much as MCXA (who absolutely bled members). The relative speed in NS drops is mostly due to NPO's use of peace mode (IRON has a lot less nations in peace mode) and IRON fighting Gremlins, whose tech levels make them do much more damage - most of the alliances on NPO probably have lower tech levels even in the upper ranks.

Assuming they were completely new nations, that's .15 score added on to NPO's, if I do my math correctly (I probably don't). I'd imagine there were at least a few of them that counted for more than .01. At most it likely nulls half a day's losses.

The title says it all. By the way what the $%&@ is this smiley? :lol1:

Did the Jarheads War have an effect on NPO battle readiness? Were the small nations battle-weakened? Were the aid slots of the fatties filled up so they couldn't get battle loot out before they hit peace mode? Or did the Jarheads War have no discernible effect at all?

Actually about 3 weeks before the war Jarheads had about 3-6 nations just under nuke capable, my previous nation was one due to a hacking incident. That also crippled them as my hacked antion took 5 nations down at least 6k NS (from 18k to 12k NS). If the other Jarheads did as much damage as that, which I doubt as they were very unprepared then NPO was hurting before.

P.S. Where are they(Jarheads) now?

Well, it's less the thing keeping NPO from being like IRON, as much as MCXA (who absolutely bled members). The relative speed in NS drops is mostly due to NPO's use of peace mode (IRON has a lot less nations in peace mode) and IRON fighting Gremlins, whose tech levels make them do much more damage - most of the alliances on NPO probably have lower tech levels even in the upper ranks.

I've heard that MCXA doesn't chase ghosts off of their AA, so their numbers are somewhat deceiving.

Edited by Sileath

Perhaps if Jarheads had the same amount of nations at it's peak, and if that war wasn't peaced out early, however because of those two things, I think all it did was get the smaller nations some war experience.

It also may have made their upper nations not prepare as well for this war, since last time they got told to prepare they got screwed over(go do the math on purchasing 10,000 tanks with a WRC and 10k tech).

the constant war situation that the NPO lower ranks have faced for a long time -jarheads, Vox, FAN- together with no growth aid for them has definitelly hurt their growth and their strength, and got people tired of having to constantly be on alert. after a while you get numb.

especially those pesky FANers nuking at 5k NS did a lot of damage, i know i had a hard time sending people against them while i was an officer in the lower battalion in IRON. it didn't feel right to send people at those strength levels to get nuked.

Edited by Venizelos

I'm with Venizelos, Constant warfare in the lower ranks can't have helped. How many mirror nuke capable nations would NPO have had without Jarheads and similarly insane wars on NPOs part where the smaller nations took all the damage?