Declaration from The Order of The Black Rose

Neboe

umm, yes i do?

Liar! Stop supporting your allies in favor of people whose only relationship to you is a tenuous multi-layered connection that happens to place you on the same side of the current line, and do it now!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hail the Black Rose. This is one of the most epic moments of my time in CN.

Take Care,

Celtic

My thoughts exactly. It's good to see the Knights riding in, broadswords at the ready...

o/ OBR

And good luck to both sides, this should be epic.

Whilst the extra battle reports were more better at waking me up then my usual morning coffee I am glad we are fighting such great foes.

Same goes out to Greenland Republic, you guys really know how to pick your friends. ;)

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold,

Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere

The ceremony of innocence is drowned;

The best lack all conviction, while the worst

Are full of passionate intensity.

Best of luck to our opponents in these difficult times. Victis Honor.

I am sorry for your disappointment, but "dragged" is too strong a word to describe our situation. We engage in this war willingly and will accept the consequences and responsibilities that come with either victory or defeat. The public's view of the Order has long been a misperception. Role playing is merely a pastime, no less than politics or war. And in the Order's case neutrality is often synonymous with apathy.

It is good that we have a history of civility and the occasional well crafted announcement on these forums, but is that enough?

For some perhaps, but the rest of us set higher standards for ourselves. We mean to not only watch the activity world, but to participate in it, thereby learning more about ourselves and hopefully enriching those around us. It is good that many of you are pleased to see us venture outside our walls, because this not a one time event. We mean to stay out here and to struggle mightily to be relevant in this world. Not for the pursuit of power but for the purpose of promoting positive change.

If one little alliance can enter a war by publicly posting honorable rules of engagement, then perhaps larger alliances will do the same? If one little alliance can end a war with a peace that respects the victor and vanquished equally, then perhaps other alliances will do the same. If we can attempt to nuke the Old Guard into oblivion one week and then put forth an equal effort to secure a white peace for them the following week, perhaps others will do the same.

I respect the realpolitik approach to diplomacy and foreign affairs in the world, but I do not believe that it is the only way, or even the best way to operate. More than anything, I see the impetus for this conflict to be the desire for a positive change in this community. What better cause could there be for our Order, or any alliance? It is my opinion that both the OBR and the rest of Bob/Digiterra are long overdue for this.

I am sorry for your disappointment, but "dragged" is too strong a word to describe our situation. We engage in this war willingly and will accept the consequences and responsibilities that come with either victory or defeat. The public's view of the Order has long been a misperception. Role playing is merely a pastime, no less than politics or war. And in the Order's case neutrality is often synonymous with apathy.

It is good that we have a history of civility and the occasional well crafted announcement on these forums, but is that enough?

For some perhaps, but the rest of us set higher standards for ourselves. We mean to not only watch the activity world, but to participate in it, thereby learning more about ourselves and hopefully enriching those around us. It is good that many of you are pleased to see us venture outside our walls, because this not a one time event. We mean to stay out here and to struggle mightily to be relevant in this world. Not for the pursuit of power but for the purpose of promoting positive change.

If one little alliance can enter a war by publicly posting honorable rules of engagement, then perhaps larger alliances will do the same? If one little alliance can end a war with a peace that respects the victor and vanquished equally, then perhaps other alliances will do the same. If we can attempt to nuke the Old Guard into oblivion one week and then put forth an equal effort to secure a white peace for them the following week, perhaps others will do the same.

I respect the realpolitik approach to diplomacy and foreign affairs in the world, but I do not believe that it is the only way, or even the best way to operate. More than anything, I see the impetus for this conflict to be the desire for a positive change in this community. What better cause could there be for our Order, or any alliance? It is my opinion that both the OBR and the rest of Bob/Digiterra are long overdue for this.

Quercus, Planet Bob is lucky to have someone like you amongst us. I know Polaris was. :):wub:

Having only lasted 6 months of Blackwater (not due to the quality of its members, I’m just a little too rebellious at heart!), I must offer OG my condolences.

Give ‘em hell ye men in black!

PS Metal, Hamaden, Although I do think the hourly PMs, personal calls in the middle of the night, and the death threats on my family were a bit excessive, I must thank you guys for drilling me over and over and over about war-chest. It sure is nice now ;).