Statement From the Orange Defense Network

I disagree Mussolandia. The ODN and Vanguard have shared a close relationship and they are certainly not shortsighted opportunists nor leeches for that matter.

+1

ODN as always been a great ally to INT. They clearly made the right choice, before it was the easy one.

lol.

ODN has been doing all it can to keep its senate seat and some relevance on Orange well in excess of 18 months (you should have seen them squirm when Q was set up :P); do you really think Vanguard is the only alliance on Orange or even CN thats covered with ODN lipstick? Trust me, those ODN lips have sang a merry tune and kissed more than you could ever imagine, even I managed to get a peck on the cheek :D

Seems a little hypocritical to me given recent events, BnT...

Please Valhalla, don't betray NPO!

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I can not speak in an official capacity, I can say that the treaty has not been cancelled.

As Legion also has a remainder of the NPO occupation, ie that MDP, the treaty would be suspended in regards to this conflict.

So just to be clear, you suspended ORRPLE because you think Legion is a puppet of the New Pacific Order? Don't worry, I'm sure you will find many that agree with you.

Suspending some treaties and keeping others must have been a tough. Especially suspending a treaty that has been honored time after time by the Orange Defense Network.

Edited by Henry

A quick question for ODN:

Do you not consider Soylent ORRPLE to be active? According to the Legion forums it is.

Thanks in advance.

The Legion recognizes the position that ODN is currently in. Our treaty classification is based upon Active or Inactive status. We currently consider ORRPLE as active but suspended at this time (as based upon this statement from ODN). We do wish ODN all the best in the war :)

lol.

ODN has been doing all it can to keep its senate seat and some relevance on Orange well in excess of 18 months (you should have seen them squirm when Q was set up :P); do you really think Vanguard is the only alliance on Orange or even CN thats covered with ODN lipstick? Trust me, those ODN lips have sang a merry tune and kissed more than you could ever imagine, even I managed to get a peck on the cheek :D

1. The Orange Senate idea was initially stated in ODN.

2. Q forming and ODN squirming ? As much as you want to believe it, you know it's !@#$%^&*.

3. You see, the O in ODN doesn't REALLY mean Optional. It stands for Orange: hence all the lipstick on Orange alliances, it comes from all the huggling. Now, if I remember correctly, you and DM have been beating the drums of war for a while over ODN's head. Including the time you were still in IRON. So much of Orange love, hey?

Edited by potato

do you really think Vanguard is the only alliance on Orange or even CN thats covered with ODN lipstick? Trust me, those ODN lips have sang a merry tune and kissed more than you could ever imagine, even I managed to get a peck on the cheek :D

You mean all this time ODN has been nice behind our backs?

The friendliness!

The generosity!

The compassion!

You've truly exposed the ODN for the demons they are, Bill n ted. I thank you.

we didn't decide to support karma with the odds of the war in mind.

ODN has experienced ZI in the past.

discussions were focussed mainly on the weakness of the CB for this war and on the general picture which is the future of ODN and our real friends.

1. The Orange Senate idea was initially stated in ODN.

2. Q forming and ODN squirming ? As much as you want to believe it, you know it's !@#$%^&*.

3. You see, the O in ODN doesn't REALLY mean Optional. It stands for Orange: hence all the lipstick on Orange alliances, it comes from all the huggling. Now, if I remember correctly, you and DM have been beating the drums of war for a while over ODN's head. Including the time you were still in IRON. So much of Orange love, hey?

I agree with this good sir here.

The Legion recognizes the position that ODN is currently in. Our treaty classification is based upon Active or Inactive status. We currently consider ORRPLE as active but suspended at this time (as based upon this statement from ODN). We do wish ODN all the best in the war :)

Classy response is classy.

As a member of the GA it was very difficult indeed, and this is a point worth making again. Our treaties with our NPO aligned allies have had their defensive clauses suspended, we haven't cancelled anything. We made a decision and we are sticking with it. When the dust settles we will see where things lie. Some people would have you believe we are engaging these alliances in battle, its simply not the case.

But I'm just a mindless drone of the Optional Defense Network, what would I know right?

caaaaaaaaaaaeeek!

<GoDN!>

Classy response is classy. We wish you nothing but the best as well :)

This my friend, is true friendship. Good luck to you also legion!

so brave, not picking the loosing side of a conflict

expected, ODN will shuffle along for a little longer <_<

inb4davidbanner

In before Pe...No damn you D:

I, as a ODN GA member, am honored to have an alliance such as Legion as friends. Regardless of all the politics, Legion will always hold a soft spot on my heart.

/Legion

Don't do what will get you trolled less. Do what you think is right. Do you truly believe that going back on your word is the right thing? If you give your sacred word to defend another, you have to honor it. If you don't want that obligation, don't sign MDPs. It's the price you pay. Like it or not, your word means nothing now, both in perception and fact.

The hegemony was already at a disadvantage in the stats.

-Bama

I'll say to you what I said to MHA. When everyone calms down from the war frenzy, they're going to realize that any treaty with you isn't worth the paper it's signed on. You will never live this down. At least it was MHA's first time doing this kind of crap. Not so for you. This, along with what you did last year, is what the ODN will be associated with forever. This is your legacy. A legacy of dishonor, cowardice, and betrayal. I hope you're proud.

-Bama

We did what we think is right!...i am happy we have chosen a side. You have claimed that we left IRON high and dry well i say to you that some of us in ODN already felt closer to Interntional, RnR and Vangaurd (in the case of the latter it was described by a defector to IRON as 'a senator having a hard on for Vanguard or something')...it may come as shock but some of us wanted to choose a side and prefebly not a side tied to 1V (heh some of us have 'form' in this regard) and while i cannot deny tht the actions of last august were indeed to some degree examples of ''dishonor, cowardice, and betrayal'' i find this latest move hardly in the same spirit.

However you are right treaties will be hard to come by and i find that a good thing, part of the reason we are in this mess in the first place is due to the legacy of past administrations and their lack of strategic thinking in regards to treaties and who we signed them with. Perhaps this way we will have to earn the right to forge such agreements and therefore think very carefully as a community with whom we decide to have links, besides ODN has been their for International going back to their CPCN days and ODN has backed them up more than once, i am sure the commies have no issues with us, i think Vangaurd have no reason to complain? nor RnR.

And for the record Mr Bama i am proud, i am proud that ODN is no longer tied at any level to 1V, i am proud that finally ODN is on the right side of the divide for the first time in along time and i am proud tht our members have stood up for friends who truly value us as opposed to those for whom we were a sometimes convinient link...troll me if you must but i am no coward (my personal history in CN can confirm that) and i am more than willing to acept the consequences of my actions.

Kind regards,

Cata.

The Orange Defense Network drew on them like parasites for more than a year.

yeah perhaps in a manner of speaking thats true but then i would say to you to point the finger to the administrations that presided over that relationship, i know your dislike for ODN runs deep (to be fair Musso you hated ODN/ADN for far longer than CN has been in existence :P ) but this current govt is hardly in the same vein but of course i know arguing with you is akin to banging ones head against a brick wall :D

On a personal note its good to see you around once again Musso ( i think i told you that already recently)and i look forward your presence as one of ODN's oldest and implaccable enemies B)

Edited by Cataduanes

However you are right treaties will be hard to come by and i find that a good thing, part of the reason we are in this mess in the first place is due to the legacy of past administrations and their lack of strategic thinking in regards to treaties and who we signed them with. Perhaps this way we will have to earn the right to forge such agreements and therefore think very carefully as a community with whom we decide to have links, besides ODN has been their for International going back to their CPCN days and ODN has backed them up more than once, i am sure the commies have no issues with us, i think Vangaurd have no reason to complain? nor RnR.

I have but one thing to complain about: your grammar. It's probably excusable by the lateness/earliness of the hour and perhaps by whatever chemicals you may or may not have running through your system (adrenaline, caffine, alcohol, insulin, glucose, etc.), but that sentence made my head hurt.

That said, for all you doubters, ODN has always had our backs, and we theirs, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Edited by Sovyet Gelibolu