Statement From the Orange Defense Network

If you disagree with them and feel you cannot fight for them, either cancel the treaties or declare neutrality on the grounds of treaty conflicts. Just don't betray half your allies and then after the war go "so we're still best buds, right?" Despicable. That makes three alliances in one night, three alliances I respected, who have shown me and the world that their sacred word is worth no more than the dust on my feet.

-Bama

You are mistaken in your assumption that we intend to do anything along the lines o, "so we're still best buds, right?" We are fully aware of the implications of our decision, and have no illusions that relationships will be strained with these allies.

We informed them of the treaty suspension, and invited each one to cancel the treaty/mutually waive the cancellation. period.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

O look! A troll who takes comments out of context and gives it different meaning! Crazy! Its almost like that has happened sometime before....

You typed those words. They were in context.

ODN doing something for their allies.

Who are you and where is the real ODN?

lol, you are suddenly an ODN expert? go away dude. just go away.

Have the treaties not listed been formally canceled or will they be magically in effect once this is over?

ODN senate has the right to suspend treaties...

Huh. Funny when the tables are turned, and ye're the one being outnumbered.

we have treaties with both sides... it wasn't difficult to realize which one is right.

All hail the Optional Defense Network!

you'd say the same regardless of what we chose to do. just say that you hate ODN and move along.

Indeed congratulations on standing up for the stronger side.... once again.

IRON? complaining about people siding with the stronger side?

i lol'd.

IRON welcomed ODN and tried to treat them well even as everyone was trolling the !@#$ out of them (notably, pretty much everyone now hailing them), IRON is also a very large part of the reason no one ever bothered to go and attack ODN. IRON has been ODN's single greatest political asset for over a year.

Please....r u kidding me?

Never thought I would say this, but Optional Defense Network Indeed...

You really are all that pathetic to troll past allies?

IRON welcomed ODN and tried to treat them well even as everyone was trolling the !@#$ out of them (notably, pretty much everyone now hailing them), IRON is also a very large part of the reason no one ever bothered to go and attack ODN. IRON has been ODN's single greatest political asset for over a year.

Please. ODN is just a meatshield for IRON. IRON is so far up NPOs bunghole they just spew the same $%%^. The last thing IRON actually did for them was when GOONS was in order, then they let a fake one come up without telling

You typed those words. They were in context.

Yes, I typed the words. However, the paragraph and sentences that follow explain what I meant. By taking the explanation away, and attempting to portray them in the light that best suits your mindless trolling, you take the words out of context.

For example, if I were to say:

"I hate girls. I am sick of girls who only want my money and don't like me for who I really am"

You would then take: "I hate girls" out of that, and then point and laugh and say things like "Lawlz!!!!!1!1!!!d Ghey!1!!!"

See, its the same thing. Both are wrong and poor attempts of trolling. (I suppose I just trolled myself XD) However, since you seem to be in the mood for trolling, at least know you know how NOT to do it.

Cheers,

You really are all that pathetic to troll past allies?

Please. ODN is just a meatshield for IRON. IRON is so far up NPOs bunghole they just spew the same $%%^. The last thing IRON actually did for them was when GOONS was in order, then they let a fake one come up without telling

They have a goddamn good reason to troll us.

You are mistaken in your assumption that we intend to do anything along the lines o, "so we're still best buds, right?" We are fully aware of the implications of our decision, and have no illusions that relationships will be strained with these allies.

We informed them of the treaty suspension, and invited each one to cancel the treaty/mutually waive the cancellation. period.

GoDN!

This was honestly a tough decision for the GA and Government to reach. We do not take lightly the bridges we may be burning on the other side of this ordeal.

You have to be aware that this decision would do more than just strain relationships with those allies, given that you're telling them you're just going to ignore your treaties for the time being. I don't really think you've thought through about the long-term ramifications of this decision, at least not very well.

Please....r u kidding me?

While I may have slightly overreacted in my initial hostility, no, I'm not kidding.

And you are just ignorant.

And what treaties do you even sign? You're in sssw18, am I right? You're in OPP, are you not?

You're only allowed to sign treaties with TPF allies. You CANT sign treaties, otherwise.. you're handcuffed. You're muzzled. You're a lapdog. Stop yipping at people's heels, little doggy.

We're not in OPP and haven't been for four months. We are free to sign with who we like. We have tried to have cordial relations with all alliances. We have admittedly moved slow in signing new treaties, especially MDPs. That is because once we sign them we want to make sure we keep them.

And you'd say the same thing if we were on the other side. Begone, demon of stupidity.

Then you know nothing about our alliance. We are in the exact same shoes as you. We signed treaties with an alliance who looks increasingly likely to be curbstomped. If we enter, especially since we are a relatively small and weak alliance, it will not end well for us at all.

But we signed those treaties. And we intend to keep them. If we don't why should anyone sign with us ever again? We held great esteem for alliances such as STA that refused to abandon their treaty partners.

We're not running. If we are unhappy with our treaties we will cancel or modify them at the appropriate time. After the war. After the alliances we commited ourselves to need us. Not before.

Edited by Taget

you'd say the same regardless of what we chose to do. just say that you hate ODN and move along.

Really? Reading my mind are you? I'm saying it because it's true. This isn't the first time you've run out on your allies because things looked rough for them.

Edited by Deuterium Dawn

This is only my personal opinion, and not that of the rest of ODN, but they have honestly been one of our greatest hinderances for that same year. They have been in our business, dictating who we ally and do not ally ourselves to, as well as who we can cancel and not cancel on, as if we are their secondary colony on Orange. We appreciate their political maneuvering to keep us alive, but we will not, I repeat, will not dance for them when they themselves dance for Pacifica, and whoever else they feel they need to please. Perhaps, at some point, we were the blood brothers that our pact claimed that were were, but the fact that IRON made a huge "oversight" about informing us of the return of GOONS speaks for just how much importance IRON places upon us as an ally.

I talked with Finsterbaby earlier today, because, despite me actually supporting the return of GOONS, I wanted to figure out, for the sake of ODN's GA, why they chose not to come to us with this news. These are the (brief) logs...

Session Start: Tue Apr 21 17:10:46 2009

Session Ident: FinsterBaby[iRON]

01[17:10] <Ventus_ex_Gutter> Hello?

[17:10] <FinsterBaby[iRON]> Hi

01[17:11] <Ventus_ex_Gutter> Hey.

[17:11] <FinsterBaby[iRON]> what can I do ya for?

01[17:11] <Ventus_ex_Gutter> I'm from ODN, and I just have a curious question because I wonder myself what IRON's explanation is.

[17:12] <FinsterBaby[iRON]> sure

[17:12] <FinsterBaby[iRON]> I'll do my best.

01[17:12] <Ventus_ex_Gutter> Basically, lots of people in ODN are wondering what the deal is with you guys letting the new GOONS off the hook.

01[17:13] <Ventus_ex_Gutter> For the record, I have no disdain for your decision personally. In fact, I'm glad that the Goon Order of Oppression Negligence and Sadism is out of our reach, lest we do something petty and stupid. Grudges are not good things to keep.

[17:13] <FinsterBaby[iRON]> IRON had no clue you guys were still technically in a state of war with GOONS. Had we known we absolutely have consulted ODN government. I've told your Gov't this, and apologized for the oversight.

01[17:13] <Ventus_ex_Gutter> But, GGA tried to explain to us, so now we just wanna know what IRON had to say.

01[17:14] <Ventus_ex_Gutter> Aye. Like I said, no disdain. And I know our .gov knows. Mostly, I'm just here in the interest of the GA, since there isn't much clear clarification or news about what you've said.

[17:16] <FinsterBaby[iRON]> We've been very preoccupied with a lot of things going on outside of this issue. I want to speak to the GA about this, but I can't currently

01[17:17] <Ventus_ex_Gutter> I can see that...seems the Apocalypse has finally arrived.

01[17:18] <Ventus_ex_Gutter> Well, if you have time, I'd be happy to know. If not though, I'll leave you to take care of what you need to take care of, whatever it is.

[17:25] <FinsterBaby[iRON]> I will try to do my best. I do want to talk to the GA, but I don't know that I can do that this evening.

01[17:25] <Ventus_ex_Gutter> Er...I wasn't asking necessarily for you to talk to them as a whole...simply, tell me what's going on, and then I'll be happy to pass it on.

01[17:25] <Ventus_ex_Gutter> If that is fair.

[17:26] <FinsterBaby[iRON]> Of course that's fair. :)

[17:26] <FinsterBaby[iRON]> I will do my best to try.

01[17:26] <Ventus_ex_Gutter> Alright.

01[17:27] <Ventus_ex_Gutter> I'll be here when you get a moment. :)

Session Close: Tue Apr 21 19:15:16 2009

Session Start: Tue Apr 21 19:15:16 2009

Session Ident: FinsterBaby[iRON]

I have waited, and he has yet to elaborate to me what it is. Fine, fine...I am, after all, not that important...he doesn't need to share with me this info.

The best part, though, is that Finster apparently had not forgotten, because Arsenal had been in contact with him approximately a month ago about the relationship between ODN and GOONS. I showed Arsenal the log above. Here's what Arsenal said about the issue...

[17:59] <Arsenal[ODN]> When was this?

01[18:11] <Ventus_ex_Gutter> Not long ago...I'd say about half an hour.

01[18:20] <Ventus_ex_Gutter> Why?

[18:33] <Arsenal[ODN]> Because he's pretty pissed at me.

01[19:39] <Ventus_ex_Gutter> Finster?

[19:39] <Arsenal[ODN]> Yeah.

[19:39] <Arsenal[ODN]> He's being a !@#$%* because ODN's on the other side.

01[19:39] <Ventus_ex_Gutter> So it's not because I just talked to him?

[19:39] <Arsenal[ODN]> No.

01[19:39] <Ventus_ex_Gutter> Okay...I was just gonna say, now rediculous.

01[19:39] <Ventus_ex_Gutter> how*

01[19:40] <Ventus_ex_Gutter> Anyway, we are on the other side.

01[19:41] <Ventus_ex_Gutter> And both IRON and GGA made an "oversight" about ODN being at war with an alliance whose member hacked the ODN boards just before the onset of the UJW.

01[19:41] <Ventus_ex_Gutter> You can forget that how?

01[19:41] <Ventus_ex_Gutter> If I were you, I'd ask him who their real blood brothers are.

[19:41] <Arsenal[ODN]> I talked to Finster about GOONS about a month ago.

[19:42] <Arsenal[ODN]> He knows we were at war with them.

01[19:42] <Ventus_ex_Gutter> Indeed.

And this is from earlier...

Session Start: Tue Apr 21 17:35:52 2009

Session Ident: Arsenal[FAN]

01[17:35] <Ventus_ex_Gutter> Arsenal.

01[17:36] <Ventus_ex_Gutter> Have IRON given their reasoning behind why they have let the new GOONS off the hook>

01[17:36] <Ventus_ex_Gutter> ?*

[17:58] <Arsenal[ODN]> No.

[17:58] <Arsenal[ODN]> They won't speak to us right now.

So, apparently, not only has IRON had a sudden bout of memory loss, but now they're pissed at us because we're tired of putting up with their BS on top of the reasons cited in the OP. And to add to it, they're not even trying to give us any modicum of explanation.

When IRON Starts showing that it at all wants to be an ally, then we'll damn sure be willing to reciprocate. At least degenerate108 actually came onto the ODN forum to plead GGA's case, an alliance we all know is so far in shambles it's amazing it's still breathing. IRON does not have that problem, and I know that they can take a couple minutes out of their oh so busy schedule to give us the time of day.

Make of it what you will...

Then cancel the damn treaties your own damn self. Why the hell keep treaties you plan not to honor? I regret tuning out the "Optional Defense Network" crowd last year. I really, really regret it. I thought you had a higher standard. I was wrong.

-Bama