TORN Announcement

If you're going to bandwagon on the seemingly-bigger side, come straight and say it. Since when has thinly-veiled cowardice become ''classy''?

Your Emperor tried to end the war without notifying TORN and you have the nerve to accuse others of cowardice. Look in the mirror Pacifica.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*His Royal Thickness brushes dirt off shoulder

Hi there.

I wonder.

If NPO didn't do that ceasefire thing, would you still be in this war?

Yes. I was looking forward to VietTORN until this happened.

To our well-wishers, thank you.

Not much else to say here. OP covers it all.

Edited by mythicknight

If you're going to bandwagon on the seemingly-bigger side, come straight and say it. Since when has thinly-veiled cowardice become ''classy''?

Sir, do ye remember the Unjust War? Where your side outnumbered the other in HUGE numbers?

If ye don't, read up on it. Irony at it's best. You might even laugh.

Oh man I can't believe this. The sides didn't look good so the apologies roll in. Every other person I know besides NPO knew this was wrong way before the declaration and somehow I can't believe TORN didn't have full posession of the facts and is now saving infra.

There is no attempt to save face here, nor do I think have we saved face by doing this. This is easily the hardest announcement I've ever made and ever will make.

If anything, we have a long road to travel to restore confidence in our alliance, and I understand that.

I do believe that you will try to make progress with your allies, and hopefully the world, to try to make up for your past actions. But you do have to realize how this move looks when you put it up against your previous actions. I do applaud you for making a post like the OP though. I know how hard they are and how much they suck so you do have a +1 respect from me for that one.

Just realize that your past actions still outweigh this current move.

It doesn't surprise me to see this announcement. Call it a "pattern".

Though the message is an honorable one, I'm not going to pretend to believe it matched your intent. The idea of acting "betrayed" and "outraged" over this is hilarious, as TORN has been party to this behavior for quite a long time. I don't think the comparison between the OP and your DoW thread needs to be made. Ooopps. I just went there.

However, I am glad to see this turn around. Too little too late though, I'm afraid.

First off, the statements in this thread are not that of Grämlins, at least I don't think... and I hope don't affect my nearly completed application. :unsure:

With that said......

This thread makes me so happy I think I am actually going to cry like a fool. :blush:

TORN!!!!!!!!!!

You found your soul and your honor again. HECK YES! :awesome:

There will be lots of people in this thread that have and will claim that you were just afraid for your pixels which is why you did this. I know better. What I see here is a TORN that has the courage to be who they truly are, because they remembered who they are... and my heart is very happy. Bigwoody, you are one arrogant dude, so I know you'd never do anything like this unless it was sincere and born out of conviction. I have always loved you despite our conflicts and differences because under it all is a good heart that wants to do the right thing.... I am glad you used your quick mind to figure out what needed to be done here and did it without looking back.

The last several months have been hell for me as I've watched TORN blow off one diplomatic encounter after the other. There was nothing about you that made me feel like you were the alliance I had joined almost a year ago. I had truly lost all hope, and it was eating away at me, and my relationship with all of you, so I had to leave.

In a conversation I had with Archon last night, as I read the forums with a broken heart, I said something to the effect that TORN had made so many of the right friends, like MK, and so many of the wrong ones... and that last night you chose the wrong set of friends.... the set of friends even YOU knew in your heart were the wrong ones.

Today I am surprised and very glad to find that you've changed their minds. I wish you nothing but the best future, and so glad that seems more likely now. You will always have a piece of my heart. :wub:

Guess we will fight your war for you TORN. Have fun in the future.

Well TORN has (foolishly) fought your wars for you so it seems only appropriate that you return the favor.

After some reflection, I don't buy this stuff from TORN, and all you congratulating them on realizing the error of their ways are naive.

What kind of brain damaged paramecium could not see what was going on here? TORN sure as hell knew what this was, and they're sorry only now that they're in trouble. They're sorry that they got caught.

I'm not having it. TORN worries only for its pixels. It doesn't care about its allies.

*His Royal Thickness brushes dirt off shoulder

Hi there.

Yes. I was looking forward to VietTORN until this happened.

To our well-wishers, thank you.

Not much else to say here. OP covers it all.

Very well then, shame you guys were the first to go in though. Would've preferred it being valhalla or someone else.