A Report From the Imperial Clerk of the New Pacific Order

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you dont plan on flooding this place with a deadly neural toxin.

Never say never.

And yes, having the first few pages be complaints that Thread A isn't Thread B is a little pathetic (because the Imperial Clerk is well known for posting declarations of war? It's like dismissing the usefulness of an apple on the basis that it isn't an orange). Planet Bob used to appreciate good wit and production regardless of where it came from. These days I get the impression that a Pacifican could unveil the Sistine Chapel, only to have it derided as 'crass'.

Edited by Vladimir

Never say never.

And yes, having the first few pages be complaints that Thread A isn't Thread B is a little pathetic (because the Imperial Clerk is well known for posting declarations of war? It's like dismissing an usefulness of apple on the basis that it isn't an orange). Planet Bob used to appreciate good wit and production regardless of where it came from. These days I get the impression that a Pacifican could unveil the Sistine Chapel, only to have it derided as 'crass'.

I don't have any problem with the quality of the song or even the propaganda value (like i said before), but i do find the fact that you're targetting Vox with it - the ones who you've labeled as irrelevant countless times over and yet you still spend so much time over making propaganda against - kind of ironic.

Also i'm fairly sure that according to you NPO wouldn't be able to create anything less than a sistine chapel regardless of action.

Never say never.

And yes, having the first few pages be complaints that Thread A isn't Thread B is a little pathetic (because the Imperial Clerk is well known for posting declarations of war? It's like dismissing an usefulness of apple on the basis that it isn't an orange). Planet Bob used to appreciate good wit and production regardless of where it came from. These days I get the impression that a Pacifican could unveil the Sistine Chapel, only to have it derided as 'crass'.

In other news Pacifican sense-making fell drastically in preparation for the upcoming war... But seriously, this was alright but I think you guys should get a whole choir. That would really send a message.

Edited by Drostan

In other news Pacifican sense-making fell drastically in preparation for the upcoming war... But seriously, this was alright but I think you guys should get a whole choir. That would really send a message.

I find this habit of cyberdwellers claiming that a sentence doesn't make sense purely because of one or two minor typographical errors to be incredibly, well, I don't have any polite words for it. If you genuinely can't fathom the intent of a sentence simply because of one or two misplaced words then you just fail at basic reading. That's not something to advertise or try to use as a one-up of your opponent.

While we're on the topic of "things Heft thinks are stupid" can we all stop saying ".gov" and just say "gov"? Thanks.

While we're on the topic of "things Heft thinks are stupid" can we all stop saying ".gov" and just say "gov"? Thanks.

IS GUBMINT OK HEFT?

Planet Bob used to appreciate good wit and production regardless of where it came from. These days I get the impression that a Pacifican could unveil the Sistine Chapel, only to have it derided as 'crass'.

Is this Vladimir getting nostalgic?

Edited by Sal Paradise

Funny stuff, I enjoyed it. I don't think it made Vox look bad though, which would be almost impossible at this particular junction. It also reemphasized Pacifica's dominance as the #1 superpower, which probably isn't the cord to be hitting right about now.

To the Peanut Gallery, give it a break. It was funny. Sir Paul would not have chosen such a corny tune if it was not meant to be satire. And you laughed, admit it.

Oh, I laughed hysterically. I'm not sure it was all that funny for those that don't know Sir Paul. I think most people hate it because they were expecting ten declarations of war and instead they got Sir Paul singing a song to me.

At least I know who I inherited my vocal talents from.

I find this habit of cyberdwellers claiming that a sentence doesn't make sense purely because of one or two minor typographical errors to be incredibly, well, I don't have any polite words for it. If you genuinely can't fathom the intent of a sentence simply because of one or two misplaced words then you just fail at basic reading. That's not something to advertise or try to use as a one-up of your opponent.

I have never made any such 'habit' as you describe. I find this habit of having no sense of humour and encouraging people to not type their thoughts out properly to be quite foolish. I can read quite well in fact that is how I managed to discern that there was trouble in sentence-ville. I am not sure that Vladimir is my "opponent" nor am I convinced I was trying to one-up him.

It would appear that sense of humour has joined sense-making on its recent hiatus. Will also be vacationing with them? Stay-tuned to find out.

Anyway, all I am saying is that the first alliance to have a full choir sing their anthem wins.

Egads that last video was damaging...

Edited by Drostan

I have never made any such 'habit' as you describe. I find this habit of having no sense of humour and encouraging people to not type their thoughts out properly to be quite foolish. I can read quite well in fact that is how I managed to discern that there was trouble in sentence-ville. I am not sure that Vladimir is my "opponent" nor am I convinced I was trying to one-up him.

It would appear that sense of humour has joined sense-making on its recent hiatus. Will also be vacationing with them? Stay-tuned to find out.

Anyway, all I am saying is that the first alliance to have a full choir sing their anthem wins.

Granted, my response wasn't directed solely at you yours just happened to be the last post that used that that I could read without responding.

Also, yes, full choir wins.

Pax Pacifica, the height of Pacifican media.

It's funny how fast the NPO crowd are stashing the jackboots under the bed now that a lot fewer people put up with their nonsense. The 'oh poor us' stuff from Vladimir is priceless.

Maybe they need nine months of perpetual war to wisen them up to real adversity.