A Report From the Imperial Clerk of the New Pacific Order

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, nice sig. This is when I worry that satire really has been lost on the Planet of Bob.

*kernzi checks for typos in case anyone decides to claim his post makes no sense.

*Drostan checks to make sure sense of humour hasn't returned yet.

If you're going to call me joking about Vladimir's wacky sentence inane it seems harping on my doing so is only... oh wait... I see what you did there.

In other news Pacifican sense-making fell drastically in preparation for the upcoming war... But seriously, this was alright but I think you guys should get a whole choir. That would really send a message.

I dunno, it made sense to me. I'll try to use the metaphore in a slightly different way.

You see an apple. You bite into the apple. You immediately spit out what you had bitten into, and exclaim, "What? This isn't an orange!" despite the fact that the apple was not in any way orange-like in sight.

People see a thread by the Imperial Clerk. They open it, expecting to see a DoW, despite the fact that the thread was not posted by anyone who ever posts DoWs. (i.e. Moo)

...that was probably more complicated then Vlad's.

I dunno, it made sense to me. I'll try to use the metaphore in a slightly different way.

You see an apple. You bite into the apple. You immediately spit out what you had bitten into, and exclaim, "What? This isn't an orange!" despite the fact that the apple was not in any way orange-like in sight.

People see a thread by the Imperial Clerk. They open it, expecting to see a DoW, despite the fact that the thread was not posted by anyone who ever posts DoWs. (i.e. Moo)

...that was probably more complicated then Vlad's.

He was speaking of a typo.

*Drostan checks to make sure sense of humour hasn't returned yet.

If you're going to call me joking about Vladimir's wacky sentence inane it seems harping on my doing so is only... oh wait... I see what you did there.

Ah right, I really didn't know you were joking, so I'll leave it at that.

Oh, I laughed hysterically. I'm not sure it was all that funny for those that don't know Sir Paul. I think most people hate it because they were expecting ten declarations of war and instead they got Sir Paul singing a song to me.

At least I know who I inherited my vocal talents from.

What I was looking for was not declarations or treaty cancellations. That is below Sir Paul in my estimation, plenty of other diplomatic robots to pass out such. What I was hoping it would be is something that is relevant to what is going on right now. Propaganda against Vox and Doitzel is too late. Vox has made its mark and is doing its thing. Doesn't matter if he puts out his best work that not a single person can deny is pure genius, because it will still miss it's mark.

Time to move on to the Real story that has everyone's attention.

What I was looking for was not declarations or treaty cancellations. That is below Sir Paul in my estimation, plenty of other diplomatic robots to pass out such. What I was hoping it would be is something that is relevant to what is going on right now. Propaganda against Vox and Doitzel is too late. Vox has made its mark and is doing its thing. Doesn't matter if he puts out his best work that not a single person can deny is pure genius, because it will still miss it's mark.

Time to move on to the Real story that has everyone's attention.

Agreed - I was hoping for a nice well produced old school NPO propaganda opening serve. Not a phoned in propaganda piece. I respect the work that it took to even make the finished product, but given that reality the bar should be set equally high on content.

See... this is propaganda...

npo.jpg

Question: Will NPO declare war on me or request I be ZIed or in some way maneuver to try and have me silenced for this? Or is NPO now totally cool with folks having fun with free speech and free presses? Can we have that in writing, please?

Can we also have a pledge that, if attacked with superior numbers, NPO nations will NOT drop into peace mode "like cowards" - as NPO described FAN - but will, instead come out fighting in spite of the harsh beating they'll take? May we also have assurances that the allies of NPO will stand with them to fight for their dear friends in Pacifica, even if it results in their demise?

I am really enjoying just about everything you do zzz. Keep it up.

(No, no that is not sarcasm)

Thank you. Thank you very much.

And folks, keep those cards and letters coming. They first started coming in during the Hulkamania phase of Crappygate and they just kept coming. It's a relief to be able to speak freely. All of Planeta Roberto that had formerly felt under the heel of the Pacifican boot now knows the joy of a coming day where they're free to bash each others' heads out in even alliance wars and that the day of the curbstomp may indeed pass.

We hereby give ourselves the right to have fun.

By the way, Pacifica, that little man under the boot in some of your sigs, the one getting "crushed"? Actually, he's got quite the bicep. He's lifting that jackboot. Is he being kept down? Far from it. He's the little man, and his power is greater than yours. It's not immediate, but it's there, and it's real, and it is to be respected.

Thank you. Thank you very much.

And folks, keep those cards and letters coming. They first started coming in during the Hulkamania phase of Crappygate and they just kept coming. It's a relief to be able to speak freely. All of Planeta Roberto that had formerly felt under the heel of the Pacifican boot now knows the joy of a coming day where they're free to bash each others' heads out in even alliance wars and that the day of the curbstomp may indeed pass.

We hereby give ourselves the right to have fun.

By the way, Pacifica, that little man under the boot in some of your sigs, the one getting "crushed"? Actually, he's got quite the bicep. He's lifting that jackboot. Is he being kept down? Far from it. He's the little man, and his power is greater than yours. It's not immediate, but it's there, and it's real, and it is to be respected.

That is some genuine bonafide unsuppressed rage right there man.

Kudos, many kudos to you.

Question: Will NPO declare war on me or request I be ZIed or in some way maneuver to try and have me silenced for this? Or is NPO now totally cool with folks having fun with free speech and free presses? Can we have that in writing, please?

I do enjoy some good solid opinions with good content designed to get an interesting discussion going. Though of course, what you say [is in-character] here today should get you on a list of Pacifica's enemies . Of course you know that, but you also seem brimming with confidence. What an interesting time we live in.

I do enjoy some good solid opinions with good content designed to get an interesting discussion going. Though of course, what you say [is in-character] here today should get you on a list of Pacifica's enemies . Of course you know that, but you also seem brimming with confidence. What an interesting time we live in.

An enemy of Pacifica is a friend of freedom. Vox have taught us all that valuable lesson.