The Return and the Struggle

Iotupa

Do people really do that?

Come on, for someone to take a grudge that far would require a level of bitterness and small-mindedness bordering on the pathalogical.

Indeed. And yet it happens.

Also, I hope you can find peace, and be able to play the game once again, JB.

No-one should have the right to deny someone's right to play the game, unless that person is the Moderator/Admin of the game.

Edited by Arrnea

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bolded takes a special breed good sir, a talent that's very rare here in PB, I know a few who could do it, however it's not for everyone.

I am in agreement know one should be forced to play there character a certain way.

I've done it once before. It sucks, but life does go on. No matter how tempting it is for you to drop by that channel in IRC you absolutely can not do so. Even if you stumble across an old squad-mate in the wilds of cyberia you can't even come close to pretending to know him. It doesn't matter if he is the squaddie you stood side by side with taking volleys of WUT cruise missiles and bomber attacks. If you breathe one single word of your existence to your old mate you are finished.

The absolute hardest part is remembering what to say and what not to say. It is a brutal world, but it is possible. After awhile you'll find something better than your former friends. Believe me you are probably better off with a new crowd as your old mates are content with yapping away on the forums, but not laying their pixels on the line for you. You are wiser for the experience and you'll pick a better lot to run with. I know I did and while I moved around for awhile my path lead me back to my new/old home, the CSN.

JB I wish you well, but my instincts tell me you are less about making a statement and more about scoring some attention. If you really just wanted to play the game you'd have done so with out all this hue and fury.

:huh:

Actually, this is a very good question. One that has been asked in a multitude of ways, by many people, many times.

I believe an answer has yet to be given.

The official reasoning is that he helped found Vox, while forgetting the fact he was only there for four days and didn't even do anything while there. The four founders who have gotten peace all were there longer than JB and did a lot more than he did. Personally I think it is just a grudge of a few people against JB.

I think you might be missing the point of a re-roll, rolling for that new character sheet in most role plays would mean you have a new group of friends and new values. Some may even find it thrilling to come back and travel down a whole new path, making new friends and creating a new persona. There is a difference between speaking to old friends OOC and jumping back into the same pattern by relying on your past persona to build up your new one.

That being said I wish Jonathan Brookbank luck in getting his name off of those EZI / PZI lists, no one should be forced off of the game simply because they do not wish to play a new character in a different way.

Actually most rerolls are found out due to their talking to OOC friends. Most of the time they haven't slipped into old habits at all, however, due to their talking to old friends those who hold grudges against them decide to go after them. So it is quite impossible for those who attempt to reroll to talk to their friends.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

You'd be amazed at what lengths some go to, to justify there means to an end.

Come on, for someone to take a grudge that far would require a level of bitterness and small-mindedness bordering on the pathological.

So I take it you've met todays modern law enforcement.

Edited by Freelancer

Surely this word play will be instrumental in securing IRON's respect and list removal. I doubt that laying on subtle insults was designed to be a genuine request to get unlisted, and is more likely an attempt to try and garner attention.

Yeah like being straightforward and humble worked really well the last time he tried it with RON. You know, a few weeks before he started this thread. Private channels and everything. I don't think it matters who is posting a thread regarding this practice because as long as it exists there are going to be a ton of people who are willing to speak out against it. JB could be as cordial and polite as possible and still not get unlisted. Why not keep it fresh in the mind of the public? Silence is acceptance, after all.

Jonathan Brookbank deserves an answer as to why he's been sentenced to EZI, and not some half-assed kiss-off. Of course if the leaders who keep him on their lists admitted the real reasons for why he's being kept there they'd be revealed as the petty square knot admirals they are.

I disagree.

I had no part in the creation of this current system.

Your continued silence establishes the approval that perpetuates the system. We all fall into the herd mentality, that someone else will take care of the problem, that we do not need to. I am guilty of it as well.

Yeah like being straightforward and humble worked really well the last time he tried it with RON. You know, a few weeks before he started this thread. Private channels and everything. I don't think it matters who is posting a thread regarding this practice because as long as it exists there are going to be a ton of people who are willing to speak out against it. JB could be as cordial and polite as possible and still not get unlisted. Why not keep it fresh in the mind of the public? Silence is acceptance, after all.

Mr. Sponge, I oddly find myself agreeing with you these days. His attempts recently at removing himself from all lists were thought out, humble, and well meaning. I do not think any jabs at this point are irrational. He has been held over on a list for far too long, purely because a select few dislike him. The punishment has not fit the crime.

Come on, for someone to take a grudge that far would require a level of bitterness and small-mindedness bordering on the pathalogical.

Again any specific examples?

Its a myth, a rumor, a boogyman. The only know example of someone being tracked and attacked because of their IP address was when Starfox and Vox attacked Count De Silva.

Its a myth, a rumor, a boogyman. The only know example of someone being tracked and attacked because of their IP address was when Starfox and Vox attacked Count De Silva.

Well to be fair, when someone is very disgruntled with an organization, disappears, and a new person randomly appears with a crusade against that same organization, it doesn't take a huge leap of logic to assume they are the same person >.<

I mean how many re-rolls are there for the specific purpose of making vox look good, err, bad :unsure:

Mr. Sponge, I oddly find myself agreeing with you these days. His attempts recently at removing himself from all lists were thought out, humble, and well meaning. I do not think any jabs at this point are irrational. He has been held over on a list for far too long, purely because a select few dislike him. The punishment has not fit the crime.

Really when I read those logs I didn’t see someone who was humble, and well meaning. I saw someone trying to weasel out a game of IRC gotcha. I wouldn't like him either.

Nice try, however some of us .. who have been here since damn near the beginning of the planets creation know better.

Well to be fair, when someone is very disgruntled with an organization, disappears, and a new person randomly appears with a crusade against that same organization, it doesn't take a huge leap of logic to assume they are the same person >.<

And that is what happens to most re-rolls. That and they go to their old alliance and say something along the lines of "I'm so and so re-rolled give me a government position." This whole CIA esque tracking construct of paranoia is laughable. And ironically the most well known and only known example of it happening it was Vox who did it. Once again Voxorcrisy strikes.

Edited by GTTofAK

Nice try, however some of us .. who have been here since damn near the beginning of the planets creation know better.

Ok so since you claim to have been around since Christ was a corporal name one other than Vox going after Count De Silva.

Edited by GTTofAK

Want to wager proof of your statement being BS exists on your own alliances government forums?

Mother should I trust the government?

Want to wager proof of your statement being BS exists on your own alliances government forums?

So you cant name one can you?

In all the wars that have been fought because an alliance let a re-roll back in, in the CB of those wars not once has anyone ever made mention of their IP address. It is always and has always been their own big mouth.

In all the wars that have been fought because an alliance let a re-roll back in, in the CB of those wars not once has anyone ever made mention of their IP address. It is always and has always been their own big mouth.

Good sir, The SILENT wars being fought to keep EZI's down is hardly something that is announced on the forums through imperial decrees and laughable CB's.

Edited by Paradigm

I can actually name quite a few examples. Also, Vox never hunted down Silva's IP address. How do you think we would get it? No alliance would give such a thing to Vox :P

I think your just making crap up now.

i am pretty sure that is how Chickenzilla was found out. also, IP addresses are OOC information and thus, cannot be included in a CB on a forum that is supposed to be entirely IC.......

Don't pay much attention to your own alliance's CBs much do you. Or have you already forgotten how a partial IP match to a NPO ZI target was your CB against the entire alliance of CIS?

Barakaday is another player was tracked via IP while playing peacefully as a re-roll and that is just off the top of my head I am sure if I did some digging i could find more examples that were public and even more that were kept more private.

August 2008: We are informed by a CIS defector that CIS is knowingly harboring Spearo, a nuclear rogue and perma-ZI target of the Order, under the name of Spetton.

CIS claims when confronted that the source of the information is untrustworthy, and we investigate further. IPs for Spearo and Spetton are given to us by CIS, and a partial match is found.

You sure about that hot shot?

Edited by KingSrqt

Don't pay much attention to your own alliance's CBs much do you. Or have you already forgotten how a partial IP match to a NPO ZI target was your CB against the entire alliance of CIS?

This is true.

"What, same country? Good enough!"