Who's Stuck around?

Virillus

Nation retention from the "Good old days"  

735 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I fought Klosterdev (didn't fight back) and Arctic, Funkson22, and Stravus in GWII. I don't remember everyone I fought in GWIII, but it was some GATOan (Yuuzhan Tar?), St Heliers, Simon de Montfort, and perhaps another NAACer (I want to say it was Grub, I feel like I fought Grub at some point somewhere but I can't remember when). I remember freaking when I saw that Heliers had a warchest unprecedented back then -- over $100 mil to my ~$20 mil. Good times.

Haha, yeah. I think I had the 2nd largest warchest in NAAC at the time with $40 mil, Heliers was almost triple that.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just joined FAN during GWII so I wasn't allowed to fight.

Fought in FAN during GWIII against 5 or 6 Legion, one NAAC, and one GATO--wasn't allowed to pick up any other targets.

No warchest; one nuke, I think; lost more infra and NS than anyone else in FAN. Fun stuff.

Didn't the League and Aegis have numerical nation advantages but an NS disadvantage? Or am I remember wrong. They might have more people around simply because they had more members -- not to mention former-WUT alliances have driven most of the members of the big WUT invasion alliances out of the game (GOONS and FAN in particular).

Anywho...

I fought Klosterdev (didn't fight back) and Arctic, Funkson22, and Stravus in GWII. I don't remember everyone I fought in GWIII, but it was some GATOan (Yuuzhan Tar?), St Heliers, Simon de Montfort, and perhaps another NAACer (I want to say it was Grub, I feel like I fought Grub at some point somewhere but I can't remember when). I remember freaking when I saw that Heliers had a warchest unprecedented back then -- over $100 mil to my ~$20 mil. Good times.

May be aegis had numerical advantage because Legion and ODN but in GW2 league hadn't any advantage if I remember right.

Edited by D34th

I still have a list of who I fought in th NAAC during GWIII:

Nations I fought:

Village Idiots

Sapatos

New Ulster

Cannabia

Soviet Confederacy

Krozia

Something

Skeptical Cynics

Smokies

Edited by Linden16

Maybe it was because I was a nobody during the first Great War and didn't have the pressure to do anything, but it was the most fun for me. I remember staying up all night playing Scorched Earth with high profile NPOers, being stupid on IRC laughing at duffman, chatting Anthrax up.

Good Times.

I also remember right before GW2 happened, I was pretty friendly with GOONS, maybe eve the only LUEser they liked at the time. And then suddenly when the war started I thought we could still be friends they banned me from their IRC channels and their forums. I later talked to banned member and he lifted the ban and I was the only LNer that wasn't KoS.

I wish I could remember who I fought. I only remember a guy in NPO called Miromicha or something like that, he was a somewhat known NPOer and was in some high in command position in AE. Anyways, he kicked my $@! in GW1 because of his satellites, which made me fall in love with them. I later got 5 of my own and wrecked anyone's crap that tried to rogue LUE, which got me the Deputy of Defense title. I also remember in GW3 I fought a guy in genmay called ballstothewallz or along those lines. I remember because when I joined GOONS after LUE disbanded, he was butthurt and as trying to get GOONS to not accept me, I had to apologize to him for some reason.

I also remember in GW3 coming back to my nation and having 42 unread battle reports and still not being in anarchy.

Again, Good times.

If my memory serves me (Rarely does) then what you're saying is correct. However, no alliance in the game did any sort of ghost busting, and I would argue that WUT had a higher rate of active players. Making the number of those who visited the OWF roughly even.

Actually, Pacifica began ghost busting by at least the GW2-GW3 period, if not earlier.

UE still has his GW2 stats up.

ANSGW2.png - sanctioned alliance/bloc NS

NGW2.png - sanctioned alliance/bloc nukes

1st (orange) line is LUE attacking GOONS, 2nd line is the full range of wardecs from WUT and League, 3rd line is peace deal (excluding LUE, obviously).

So, WUT had a very slight NS advantage, but the League had a rather significant nuclear advantage. Membership counts were effectively meaningless back then, ghosting wasn't taken nearly as seriously as it is now.

edit: man those numbers are all so small. what a cozy world it was 9_9

Edited by El Pilchinator

I was a NPO grunt in GWII it was awesome.

Durring GWIII I was in my own small alliance named Tetris who came to the defense of VE and attacked /b/. I also attacked a couple of LoSS members.

CoaLUEtion... (GATO)

then

League (GATO)

then...

AEGIS :) (LoSS)

Then I switched to the winning team for MHA :P

Edited by Remaliat

CoaLUEtion, League, Aegis. First two were with LUE, rerolled into Legion following GW2 and then left most way through the war to rejoin LUE when they declared. Also, TotalFarkistan gets no credit in "defeating" LUE. We were never allowed to rebuild from GW2, constantly being attacked for "aid violations". GOONS, for all intents and purposes, never stopped attacking us. Many were in bill lock, or barely got out of bill lock by the time GW3 came about.

Also, WC, I remember you skipping out on LUE after we filled your coffers with aid. You're lucky you became aligned again as quickly as you did, because as soon as word hit that you skipped out after we just built your nation, you would have been raided. And some still advocated for your raiding even after you became aligned.

"neutral" for GW2 in a certain naive purple alliance, that and i was on vacation. aegis in that same purple charlie foxtrot, ZI thanks in part to Arcades, et.al. so option 1 for me.

TOP through all of them, government in GW1 and 3, so I fought for the Initiative in GW2 and 3.

I remember the logs where Legion offered us peace after their blitz in GW3. I think it's a good thing they didn't hit me in the opening round, because some of our members were less confident than I that we'd win, most likely by virtue of having actually lost their battles.

GW2 was a blast though, us fearing we were overextending only to be saved by the complete collapse of GATO's wareffort. That was interesting :P