Who's Stuck around?

Virillus

Nation retention from the "Good old days"  

735 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fought for CoaLUEtion/League/Aegis, i co-ordinated with a long gone GATO member, Zeroth Reich, and hit two NPO members; Federal Dutch Union and I believe Lord of the Universe (Memory is not what it used to be...). I was fully enjoying myself until the order went out that ODN was withdrawing from the fight....and contrary to what many might think this was not a universally popular decision.

I should have specified that this was GW1 i was talking about, due to politics i sadly missed out on GW2 but i did face the GOONS in GW3 which was both grim and enjoyable; luckily got to fight Point Given (Among others) who was a decent fella.

Edited by Cataduanes

I fought Klosterdev (didn't fight back) and Arctic, Funkson22, and Stravus in GWII. I don't remember everyone I fought in GWIII, but it was some GATOan (Yuuzhan Tar?)

I still have klosterdev on my AIM :P If only I could remember my AIM password haha. I also remember Yuuzhan Tar being a good guy.

I was in \m/ during both GW2 and GW3. In GW2, I attacked some gov member in GATO, which made me one of a rare breed, the target of an actual organized attack by GATO. Due to me decomming my whole airforce in preparation for my brand-new level 9 airforce which I was going to buy the day after the war started, I got completely annihilated by their bombers. While GATO had air superiority over me, I had land superiority, winning all but one battle out of the twenty or so I fought with my three opponents. Williamlocktite of NpO and Gerald Meane from \m/ were of huge help during the war. Gerald Meane dropped an aid package to me, which let me get some fighters, which stemmed the huge infra losses from GATO's bombers. Williamlocktite declared war on my two toughest targets, and dealt a deathblow to their airforces. After this point, it was a slaughter. I started the war with 1100 infra and 105 tech, and ended the war with 225 infra and 275 tech, which I mostly sold to repair my infra.

In GW3, I fought WAPA for most of the war. WAPA was woefully unorganized and the attacks were understrength and we slapped them silly. After WAPA's surrender, I attacked LUE members, one of which nuked me a couple times.

IRON WASN'T NEUTRAL THEY WERE INDEPENDENT :v:

I'll admit I laughed. :lol:

Let's see, I stumbled across CN the day after GW1, but I wasn't really active until I got raided. That led me to join the VE less than a month later, where I stayed through our disbandment. I fought one GATO nation (turns out their diplomat to us thought it'd be a good idea to attack us, was funny) and one NAAC nation (though the cease-fire was called before he could retaliate) in GW2. I was actually surprised cause I had been fairly inactive for over a month, just collecting taxes every few days or so, but nobody bothered to attack me. GW3 was another story, I fought mainly LoSS and we tore through their upper ranks. Got nuked for the first time there. Went back to the VE when we reformed mid-UJW and have been there ever since.

All of you ex-Viridians that I see posting here are welcome to return, except Chickenzilla. :wub:

I discovered CN a few weeks after GWI; GATO for GWII, though I didn't fight cuz they pulled out of the war the day before a friend (RL) and I were going to engage a target; got ZI'd in GWIII, brought me into the world of forums and politics.

All of you ex-Viridians that I see posting here are welcome to return, except Chickenzilla. :wub:

Oh stop, you'll make me blush. Who was my squad? I remember attacking two LOSS nations, and a /b/ nation. Then I don't know who it was. We wrecked them though.

Who else was online for the /b/icide.

Indeed they were. Their performance in the war was very notable, for all the wrong reasons.

Right or Wrong is in the mind of the beholder.

I would think that Legion at that time thought they were doing the right thing, but I wouldn't know what went down or what they were thinking so.

Right or Wrong is in the mind of the beholder.

I would think that Legion at that time thought they were doing the right thing, but I wouldn't know what went down or what they were thinking so.

It's probably not what they were thinking as they did it. It's more about WHEN they did it. They were a Great War too late.

I also remember in GW3 I fought a guy in genmay called ballstothewallz or along those lines. I remember because when I joined GOONS after LUE disbanded, he was butthurt and as trying to get GOONS to not accept me, I had to apologize to him for some reason.

lol ballz, he forgot to collect and deleted himself over half a year ago. *tear*

Ontopic, I joined shortly after GW3, was in Genmay, but voted wasn't around.

Edited by Xavii

Oh stop, you'll make me blush. Who was my squad? I remember attacking two LOSS nations, and a /b/ nation. Then I don't know who it was. We wrecked them though.

Who else was online for the /b/icide.

I was online for it, yeah.

Anarchying him with 3-4 attacks before anyone else declared on him kinda disproves what you're trying to imply, Drai.

Just because you anarchied him doesn't mean he isn't able to fight back. I'm not doubting the damage you did to him either, but Heliers was rather large back then and having a maximum of 3 targets would have made being on the receiving end fairly damaging.

Edited by Drai