Who's Stuck around?

Virillus

Nation retention from the "Good old days"  

735 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fought with UGO in GW2... unfortunately due to being a fresh noob I had no clue what was going on, don't remember who we fought, or why.

Great War 3 I was in Nordreich and fought on the Initiative side. I can't remember who I fought in that war because I went through almost 2 dozen wars. I kept update-blitzing people, putting them into anarchy, and sending peace, and they kept foolishly accepting. Rinse and repeat.

I was in Nordreich fighting silly lolcommies for the Initiative in Great War II and III, neutral in TOP in Great War IV.

Wow, this is really interesting.

It appears that Aegis managed to retain significantly more members. I really did not expect that.

Not that surprising really, the WUT infighting was bitterer effectively driving away a lot the members of the defeated/crushed alliances.

i created my first nation on march 9th 2007 and fought With GoG in GW3 although i was a noob and didn't know what exactly was happening lol and then UPN for GW4 wasn't around before that

Didn't the League and Aegis have numerical nation advantages but an NS disadvantage? Or am I remember wrong. They might have more people around simply because they had more members -- not to mention former-WUT alliances have driven most of the members of the big WUT invasion alliances out of the game (GOONS and FAN in particular).

Anywho...

I fought Klosterdev (didn't fight back) and Arctic, Funkson22, and Stravus in GWII. I don't remember everyone I fought in GWIII, but it was some GATOan (Yuuzhan Tar?), St Heliers, Simon de Montfort, and perhaps another NAACer (I want to say it was Grub, I feel like I fought Grub at some point somewhere but I can't remember when). I remember freaking when I saw that Heliers had a warchest unprecedented back then -- over $100 mil to my ~$20 mil. Good times.

Didn't the League and Aegis have numerical nation advantages but an NS disadvantage? Or am I remember wrong. They might have more people around simply because they had more members -- not to mention former-WUT alliances have driven most of the members of the big WUT invasion alliances out of the game (GOONS and FAN in particular).

If my memory serves me (Rarely does) then what you're saying is correct. However, no alliance in the game did any sort of ghost busting, and I would argue that WUT had a higher rate of active players. Making the number of those who visited the OWF roughly even.

Edited by Virillus

I fought for CoaLUEtion/League/Aegis, i co-ordinated with a long gone GATO member, Zeroth Reich, and hit two NPO members; Federal Dutch Union and I believe Lord of the Universe (Memory is not what it used to be...). I was fully enjoying myself until the order went out that ODN was withdrawing from the fight....and contrary to what many might think this was not a universally popular decision.

Didn't the League and Aegis have numerical nation advantages but an NS disadvantage? Or am I remember wrong.

The League had a small numerical nation advantage, as well as a nuclear advantage. However, from memory, Aegis was clearly outnumbered in both strength and nations; LUE had been kept in a perpetually weakened state, NAAC and GATO had not fully reconstructed, and so on. Though, I should note I'm including all those alliances outside of The Initiative bloc that joined their cause in those numbers, not just the signatories of the bloc itself.

I could be wrong on Aegis and the Third Great War, though. By that time, I was rather fed up with the game (mostly as a result of the stupidity displayed during the Second Great War) and it was obvious from the beginning that Aegis would be defeated, so I didn't bother mentally recording much of the statistics. Besides, I was far too busy kicking Heft from Aegis IRC headquarters and saying "I told you so." to Legion and ODN.