Trouble at the MCXA?

For the love of god go play a video game or something if you're looking for fun. You're just making yourself and everyone involved look stupid by posting.

This is being handled on the leadership level so I don't see what you're trying to accomplish.

OOC: You'd better be talking about IC video games, otherwise, back away from the computer, and go get help. Now.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: You'd better be talking about IC video games, otherwise, back away from the computer, and go get help. Now.

OOC: I like my video games to have some kind of video component to them. I consider browser games a different genre.

Also IC video games would have worked in that post I guess.

edit: Also I meant 100 pages of meaningful discussion.

Edited by Joe Kremlin

OOC: I like my video games to have some kind of video component to them. I consider browser games a different genre.

Also IC video games would have worked in that post I guess.

edit: Also I meant 100 pages of meaningful discussion.

OOC: Broswer games still has "games" in it, which implies fun. I don't know, but like to enjoy my games. But enough of this derail.

IC: It's interesting how this topic is still here, and yet no formal response from TOP, TSO, or MCXA. Something going on?

It's interesting how this topic is still here, and yet no formal response from TOP, TSO, or MCXA. Something going on?

Maybe people don't want to war each other and are talking through IRC about it? Formal responses take time to draft, and this thread is not even a week old. The more unsual the circumstance, the longer the time it takes to solve it. Do you see any wars between MCXA and TSO that don't involve ghosts and say "peace declared"?

Maybe people don't want to war each other and are talking through IRC about it? Formal responses take time to draft, and this thread is not even a week old. The more unsual the circumstance, the longer the time it takes to solve it. Do you see any wars between MCXA and TSO that don't involve ghosts and say "peace declared"?

Expected response.

Yes, I expect something being done in IRC, but if Atlantis showed us anything, if you don't say anything on the actual forums, you may be randomly announcing your disbandment randomly one day due to your lack of treaties and terrible PR.

Besides, a 69 page thread is something that's unprecedented. I don't even think De Profundis got this big, nor the cancellation of OoO. That demands a quick response in my opinion.

Expected response.

Yes, I expect something being done in IRC, but if Atlantis showed us anything, if you don't say anything on the actual forums, you may be randomly announcing your disbandment randomly one day due to your lack of treaties and terrible PR.

Besides, a 69 page thread is something that's unprecedented. I don't even think De Profundis got this big, nor the cancellation of OoO. That demands a quick response in my opinion.

Actually, it demands that drama-starved people stop speculating on things they know nothing about. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a big war, but I keep my head free and clear of anything it might get stuck in.

Expected response.

except this thread should be 10 pages long, and I doubt all the details will be known to the public, just like with Atlantis.

except this thread should be 10 pages long, and I doubt all the details will be known to the public, just like with Atlantis.

But there is a reason it's 70 pages.

If you're going to say it's because we're all bored and drama starved, then for the love of Admin, somebody REALLY needs to start something.

Expected response.

Something tells me there won't be any disbandments. Also, all of our treaties are in full affect, and MCXA's Defcon 5, well most nations are. The thread is unprecendented, which is why it deserves a careful response, not a quick one.

Something tells me there won't be any disbandments. Also, all of our treaties are in full affect, and MCXA's Defcon 5, well most nations are. The thread is unprecendented, which is why it deserves a careful response, not a quick one.

Something tells me you're unfortunately right. Also, don't tell us your alliance defcon >_> (although I already knew anyway :ph34r:).

As for the careful response, you are correct, but it also needs a quick one. A person can't hesitate like this. Being both quick and careful is required here.

Something tells me you're unfortunately right. Also, don't tell us your alliance defcon >_> (although I already knew anyway :ph34r:).

As for the careful response, you are correct, but it also needs a quick one. A person can't hesitate like this. Being both quick and careful is required here.

Something tells me that all the people needing an immediate response recieved it by now. Over IRC. And they have the courtesy to let MCXA and TSO sort it out through IRC, taking as much time as they need.

Something tells me that all the people needing an immediate response recieved it by now. Over IRC. And they have the courtesy to let MCXA and TSO sort it out through IRC, taking as much time as they need.

If they've already got it sorted, why no forum post? The way it's looking, without a public announcement, TSO isn't going to regain any of its lost credibility anytime soon.

Edited by MegaAros

If they've already got it sorted, why no forum post? The way it's looking, without a public announcement, TSO isn't going to regain any of its lost credibility anytime soon.

They don't have it sorted out yet. That's why it's still in progress. And TSO made mistakes. Which is again, why IRC dialogue is key here, because that's somewhere, where mistakes can be rectified. This topic should never have been posted by TSO in the manner that it was posted by TSO. Half the credibility TSO lost is due to this thread. Thus, MCXA, TSO and TOP are careful about threads.

Edit: and especially replying to this thread.

Edited by Ilya Murometz

They don't have it sorted out yet. That's why it's still in progress. And TSO made mistakes. Which is again, why IRC dialogue is key here, because that's somewhere, where mistakes can be rectified. This topic should never have been posted by TSO in the manner that it was posted by TSO. Half the credibility TSO lost is due to this thread. Thus, MCXA, TSO and TOP are careful about threads.

Edit: and especially replying to this thread.

I can agree with that.

I await MCXA's, TSO's, or TOP's, well-written announcement then.

I am sure plenty of powers that be know exactly how they would like to respond already, unfortunately they are not an alliance named TOP. The show is waiting to see if they will keep or drop the protectorate.

Contining to speculate and drive up the number of pages of this thread will not change that which is necessary to move forward with this drama.

I am sure plenty of powers that be know exactly how they would like to respond already, unfortunately they are not an alliance named TOP. The show is waiting to see if they will keep or drop the protectorate.

Contining to speculate and drive up the number of pages of this thread will not change that which is necessary to move forward with this drama.

Do you honestly think TOP will drop the protectorate?

You have to assume they were intelligent enough (and they are) to know that TSO would cause a lot of drama, period. They had to anticipate most of this and if they drop the protectorate they've held for only a few days now than for what reason did they sign in the first damn place?

You have to assume they were intelligent enough (and they are) to know that TSO would cause a lot of drama, period. They had to anticipate most of this and if they drop the protectorate they've held for only a few days now than for what reason did they sign in the first damn place?

With all due respect, they signed a time-limited protectorate. There's no guarantee that it'll be renewed in the initial agreement.

I'm sure that TOP is considering all their options carefully.

The Knights of the Order of the Paradox do herein declare that the alliance known as The Sweet Oblivion is under our protection, both militarily and diplomatically until the midnight bell tolls on the evening of the Seventeenth day of the third month in the two thousand and ninth year of our Lord, Johan.

It might seem like a silly point, but given the fact there is no year of our lord Johan the calendar of Johan is not widely known cant the treaty be ended anytime TOP wants without them going back on their word. The Seventeenth day of the third month in the two thousand and ninth year of our Lord, Johan could be in 5 minutes, 5 days or 5 years.

Edited by Alterego

It might seem like a silly point, but given the fact there is no year of our lord Johan cant the treaty be ended anytime TOP wants without them going back on their word. The Seventeenth day of the third month in the two thousand and ninth year of our Lord, Johan could be in 5 minutes, 5 days or 5 years.

Your words are an affront to Johan. Be careful lest the wrath of Johan descends upon you.

The only reason I believe TOP would drop the protectorate is because I know they are pride themselves on being an honorable alliance. The more information that has come to light, at least from what we as the general public have learned, the more TSO seems to have operated through underhanded means and via shady dealings. Should the Tattler's information be correct, and we'll see what Part 2 has to say, I'd be very surprised if TOP decides to overlook that information and keep the protectorate.

Your words are an affront to Johan. Be careful lest the wrath of Johan descends upon you.

Fixed, all hail Johan ;)

It might seem like a silly point, but given the fact there is no year of our lord Johan the calendar of Johan is not widely known cant the treaty be ended at the discretion of TOP without them going back on their word. The Seventeenth day of the third month in the two thousand and ninth year of our Lord, Johan could be in 5 minutes, 5 days or 5 years for all us outsiders know.
Edited by Alterego