How much longer!

Chickenzilla

When do you think GATO will be released from their NPO viceroy?  

518 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted 6 months.

As for the comments in here, first off just disregard Corinan's, as he in no way represents the way that GATO has been treated by the NPO during the viceroyship.

Once his are out of the way everything else needs to be taken with a grain of salt. The NPO has generally been helpful to GATO during the viceroyship, but in quite a few cases it hasn't. While some NPO experts brought in to help did great jobs (notably Cortath, Lucifer, and some others) there were some who were frequently not around and thus not helpful. There were times where GATO's NPO run Ministry of Defense couldn't actually defend GATO members being raided because nobody could get in contact with a NPO leader for a couple of days. Then there's the reason that Vladimir isn't GATO' s viceroy anymore. He was fired because he wasn't doing his job and because he let one of his underlings run amuck in an incident that had the NPO approved leader of GATO fired from his position then banned from the alliance for a short time for no reason at all. That GATO member was given his membership back by the NPO Emperor after he heard what happened, and after he saw the very strong show of support for the banned member and an equally strong show of disdain for this underling's actions. These kinds of things happened before that incident and continued after it as well.

But in the end the NPO's reason for sticking around within GATO (that GATO somehow needed and still needs NPO help to govern itself) was and still is completely false. Before the war GATO was a sanctioned alliance, something that doesn't just randomly happen. It had also started making small but significant diplomatic strides in respect to its former enemies and had even signed a NAP (if my memory of the treaty type serves) with the NpO, the alliance who's existence it had once tried to diplomatically block. None of those things are a sign of an alliance that needs help governing itself.

I don't know why the NPO refuses to give up control of GATO. Maybe it's spite at having lost it's only war because of a last minute honorable decision by GATO's leaders, maybe it's resentment at not having been able to force GATO to disband in the last war, or maybe it's just typical NPO refusal to admit a mistake of any kind, but whatever it is, it isn't good.

Edited by Ragashingo

Since when is treachery considered honorable?

Good thing I voted never then. Your losing streak will remain intact, Starfox.

Funny thing is, as a member of Vox Starfox has probably done more to change CN than you have in the entirety of your being an NPO attackdog and meatshield. The fact that you still think you're needed here makes me laugh and drives me up the wall at the same time. No matter what I say, if I at all try to capture my true feelings from here on, I will get in trouble. So I'll stop it thar.

---

Honestly I agree with Ragashingo, and am happy that Azaghul brought that interesting piece of information into the conversation. The fact that in a sense Viceroyship can thus still takeplace then is the most disgusting thing I have seen since the stabbing in the back that Genmay recieved during UJW.

I applaud GATO in every way that I can for not caving and still retaining their honor as a sovereign alliance and I can only hope that you continue in that.

I would now be taking bets that GATO will grow far faster on it's own than when run by NPO, but I can't recieve aid right now. ;)

Good luck GATO.

You're the expert on treachery, why don't you answer your own question?

I'm the expert on treachery? This coming from Electron Sponge? The man who was plotting against his brothers in Pacifica? The man who unleashed a supervillian-eque monologue in front of Emperor Revenge and several Imperial Officers and said, "There are no mistakes where I'm concerned?"

Perhaps you can't call that treachery since you never really were Pacifican to begin with. Isn't that correct, Unistrut? It's really too bad, because I was a genuine fan of your work in Polaris, what with all those alliances you destroyed. No sarcasm there, they all had it coming.

Funny thing is, as a member of Vox Starfox has probably done more to change CN than you have in the entirety of your being an NPO attackdog and meatshield. The fact that you still think you're needed here makes me laugh and drives me up the wall at the same time. No matter what I say, if I at all try to capture my true feelings from here on, I will get in trouble. So I'll stop it thar.

Well as long as I'm driving you up the wall. Anyhow keep telling me how insignificant I am, person I never heard of until just recently. Really, it's posts like this that make it all worth it.

I got Junkalunka out of the game, that was a great change for the game.

Wouldn't you agree?

I checked the wiki, and it looks like it was actually NPO's perma ZI that chased Junkalunka out of the game after the IAA war. Must you always leech upon the accomplishments of others?

I checked the wiki, and it looks like it was actually NPO's perma ZI that chased Junkalunka out of the game after the IAA war. Must you always leech upon the accomplishments of others?

Have I leeched off others in the past?

And no, "he" was released from their Perma ZI, and "he" returned later.

Well he's changed his AA several times, I believe. That and his vaguely homoerotic avatars.

It's hard to find a true home when you burn down every home I found, and chase me from place to place like I was some sort of witch because I've always opposed your rule.

At least I have found a place you can never chase you me from, now.

The second part is true though.

Well he's changed his AA several times, I believe. That and his vaguely homoerotic avatars.

What have you changed personally? Seems to me like it's mostly joining Doitzel in in his traitordum temporarily until you came back to act all bitter on these forums. Simply being part of a big alliance doesn't make you important or more significant than anyone in Vox.

Edited by Azaghul

I wanted to echo the thoughts of a few posts by my fellow members already, and say a statement of my own:

GATO is not your political issue to attack NPO with, and vice versa.

The NPO Viceroy team has been very helpful, and while you may not have heard anything coming out of our alliance in awhile, it's probably because we are still rebuilding our foreign affairs section, and doesn't mean there aren't good things happening.

I am truly glad the NPO members sent to GATO to help out have more open minds than some of the ones posting in this thread, because they are the ones that will determine our freedom. Having spent months with the members of the Viceroy team in our alliance, I consider them good, friendly people, who want to help out.

They know who GATO is like now, but some of you are stuck in the past. I hope if nothing else that the NPO members that spent time with GATO get rid of old preconceptions about us, and bring back their opinions to share with the rest of you, and maybe change some of your minds.

It's true that GATO's leaders often failed us in the past. To be honest, GATO had changed after GWIII. It was on the path to no mistakes, until its past found one more way to hurt it. We survived, and damn it I think we earned our chance to be evaluated for our new deeds and not those of our past.

I look forward to the point where the Viceroy team thinks we are doing a good enough job that we can take on (and maybe even improve upon, dare I say it) on what they are doing. It will be directly dependent on how much effort we make ourselves to that end, and nothing else.

God you put this way better than I ever could have. Cheers buddy. Also, please take the VOX/NPO/starfox hate out of this thread. It had a pretty good discourse going until it got all mucked up. The personal attacks and other references are just not needed here.