How much longer!

Chickenzilla

When do you think GATO will be released from their NPO viceroy?  

518 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When NPO loses the power to enforce it.

Or GATO disbands.

And with all due respect, this is the first this topic has been discussed in months. Using the standard that "it will end when people stop bringing it up", then it should have ended in December. <_<

But, no...NPO likes its trophy mounted on the wall in the den, it has no reason to release GATO, ever.

Im not sure if your aware as to how much governing the NPO actually does in GATO. The etho's, for those not in the know, was simply "Help you help yourselves", at least thats the vibe i got, and i should know. But don't get the wrong impression here, there was some authoritarian nature to it. Koona was a good viceroy, as is Vladimir, have been able to give us breathing space. There where some issues but on the whole people accepted it and moved on.

Contrary to Corinan's comment here, its really nothing like reality, and I hope people reading this comment take it with grain of salt. Though it puzzles me why we would be getting comments like this, especially from NPO members, given that part of the Viceroy ship was to rebuild some semblance of a common relationship. Comments such as this don't accurately represent reality.

And I apologize to MTTezla, I had to comment.

Unfortunately, like in GATO too, there are still those who hold the old grudges. Persons like Comrade Corinan, whom I respect, are nevertheless in the minority, I can happily say. I would like to think that all of my comrades at the NPO who have come over to GATO hold nothing but mutual respect and admiration for those GATO members who have taken upon themselves the great task of rebuilding a mighty alliance.

No one said that the task of GATO and the NPO would be easy, nor did anyone say it would be swift. The condition that GATO was in at the beginning of the surrender left it militarily, economically, politically and culturally destroyed. GATO was not built in a day; it was not destroyed in a day, and no one thought it could be rebuilt in a day.

Who cares GATOs a punch of !@#$%*^

would you care to elaborate? or is that all your capable of? :rolleyes:

No one said that the task of GATO and the NPO would be easy, nor did anyone say it would be swift. The condition that GATO was in at the beginning of the surrender left it militarily, economically, politically and culturally destroyed.

It is indeed warming to hear that many Pacificans do not hold a grudge toweards the global alliance :), however i must respectfully disagree that GATO was destroyed culturally...it was GATO's culture that enabled it to withstand nine weeks of war amid an enviroment of global apathy, i for one was sincerely moved by the spirit of the GATOans in that war and it was the culture within that community that motivated me to fight to the end for GATO.

Edited by Cataduanes

It is indeed warming to hear that many Pacificans do not hold a grudge toweards the global alliance :), however i must respectfully disagree that GATO was destroyed culturally...it was GATO's culture that enabled it to withstand nine weeks of war amid an enviroment of global apathy, i for one was sincerely moved by the spirit of the GATOans in that war and it was the culture within that community that motivated me to fight to the end for GATO.

Well half the world stood up for GATO previously, and it didnt end very well for them, so I can see how the world would not stand up a second time.

would you care to elaborate? or is that all your capable of? :rolleyes:

I apologize. Let me be more clear: much of GATO's culture was positive, survived and remains, but a great deal of GATO's culture was not productive towards reconstruction. I don't mean that as a euphemism, but rather that many GATOans did not want to participate in the reconstruction of GATO. Many left, and GATO was made stronger because of it.

Unfortunately, like in GATO too, there are still those who hold the old grudges. Persons like Comrade Corinan, whom I respect, are nevertheless in the minority, I can happily say. I would like to think that all of my comrades at the NPO who have come over to GATO hold nothing but mutual respect and admiration for those GATO members who have taken upon themselves the great task of rebuilding a mighty alliance.

No one said that the task of GATO and the NPO would be easy, nor did anyone say it would be swift. The condition that GATO was in at the beginning of the surrender left it militarily, economically, politically and culturally destroyed. GATO was not built in a day; it was not destroyed in a day, and no one thought it could be rebuilt in a day.

Considering how long it has been though, one could judge how much has done and then estimate a timeline of how much longer it could possibly be by then comparing what was done to what is left to do. So is there a new end date since the previous one has already been passed?

Considering how long it has been though, one could judge how much has done and then estimate a timeline of how much longer it could possibly be by then comparing what was done to what is left to do. So is there a new end date since the previous one has already been passed?

Certain types of development require qualitative rather than quantitative assessments. Much of GATO's remaining development remains political, which requires a qualitative assessment.

Certain types of development require qualitative rather than quantitative assessments. Much of GATO's remaining development remains political, which requires a qualitative assessment.

How can they hope to grow politically when they're not even allowed to run their own alliance? I certainly wouldn't want to sign a treaty with such an alliance, and I think most of the world feels the same.

So you are saying there isnt enough quality members to form a proper political government? Is there something else that just isnt up to snuff in NPO's opinion? What would make their political development reach a point that NPO would think they were able to govern themselves? Considering their current leadership(?) is being very politically correct and proper here I would say that is a good sign and definately shows to be of a quality equal to others and of higher quality then other independent alliances.

You certainly cannot expect GATO to be able to recruit in any new membership with this nor sign any treaties. Besides that, what else is there except for their governmental method which is that of democracy. Is it because that is opposite in nature to NPO, is that considering lacking when assessed in a qualitative manner?

Edited by HeinousOne

So you are saying there isnt enough quality members to form a proper political government? Is there something else that just isnt up to snuff in NPO's opinion? What would make their political development reach a point that NPO would think they were able to govern themselves? Considering their current leadership(?) is being very politically correct and proper here I would say that is a good sign and definately shows to be of a quality equal to others and of higher quality then other independent alliances.

You certainly cannot expect GATO to be able to recruit in any new membership with this nor sign any treaties. Besides that, what else is there except for their governmental method which is that of democracy. Is it because that is opposite in nature to NPO, is that considering lacking when assessed in a qualitative manner?

These aren't the appropriate forums for such a discussion on what GATO still needs to develop.

These aren't the appropriate forums for such a discussion on what GATO still needs to develop.

So basically the answer to the world is that the occupation will go on as long as these "qualitative" assessments do not live up to NPO standards?

Edited by HeinousOne

Requests for a timeline or some kind of concrete goals that need to be met so that the post-war occupation of a foreign entity "for its own good" can come to a close are met with evasive non-answers. I've seen this press conference somewhere before.

From personal experience from what I have seen within GATO under Viceroyalty is the deconstruction of GATO's value structure and ridicule of any process that formerly happened within GATO’s government and political system. The culture of GATO and the structures that were in place prior to NPO's occupation where certainly in the position to recover on their own, it has, after all, done it in the past. The only error I believe that was in place in our pre-war period was prejudice of the cyberverse not the internal workings of GATO. GATO is one of the few alliances to be sanctioned twice, that does not come about by unwillingness to work nor did it come about by incompetence or lack of know how. The attitude of the current administrations of viceroyalty is fairly condescending towards anything workings before the war even though it was not GATO's internal workings that were the problem. NPO is trying to turn GATO into an alliance that cares only about numbers and the game, it isn't GATO culture to do that, focusing only on those aspects NPO has alienated many in the alliance and prevented the amount of growth that GATO saw between GWIII and the most recent war.

Creativity, activity and the like was on a massive decline when I was kicked out of GATO, from what I've heard it hasn't gotten much better. Don't get me wrong there are some helpful NPO peoples at GATO, Cortath, despite the obviously bias rhetoric he has posted above for instance has been very good at removing himself from the cultural aspects and simply sticking to the MoF administrative work (though it took way too long for anything to get started, a very inefficient program development process). But there are massive amounts of ideological differences between GATOans and the people from NPO that NPO has not reconciled and just seemingly wishes to roll over and change, even though they are part of the groundwork that has enabled GATO to run successful internally in the past and are GATO culture.

The free thought aspect of GATO is not embraced will by the fascistic NPO and without free thought GATO might as well just become another alliance in the herd, nothing special, nothing different, why not merge into NPO?

Releasing them so that they may reach their full potential I feel would be the best course of action, to prevent any further tensions between GATO and NPO and reduce the possibilities of war in the future. I mean you don't alienate and expect people to be future allies or at least non-hostile, Europe did that to Germany in WWII, it didn't turn out well.

Edited by BarbulaM1

Requests for a timeline or some kind of concrete goals that need to be met so that the post-war occupation of a foreign entity "for its own good" can come to a close are met with evasive non-answers. I've seen this press conference somewhere before.

No. Requests by foreign powers on a public forum for the workings of our foreign policy will met by evasive answers. GATO knows what we expect of them, and that's all that matters. Pardon my frankness, but the rest of the world doesn't, in this regard.

No. Requests by foreign powers on a public forum for the workings of our foreign policy will met by evasive answers. GATO knows what we expect of them, and that's all that matters. Pardon my frankness, but the rest of the world doesn't, in this regard.

With all due respect Cortath, I am not actually sure GATO does. The only political matter currently at hand that I know of in GATO is the charter convention and for some reason I doubt the viceroyalty will end at that, which is coming to an end here soon. The MoFA is still very NPO controlled, the MoD is as well (very much so in a fail way might I add) and the High Court is so interwoven with NPO that it doesn't make sense. It is like NPO does not want GATO to govern it self, you don't let it in any capacity except lowly work.

Pardon my frankness, but unless something significant has been posted in the last couple of days then GATO absolutely does not know what the NPO expects of them and you are lying. You see everyone, for months there have been vague promises of a list or set of goals for GATO to accomplish yet as of just a few days ago that list had never materialized. Now right before I left there was a renewed rumor that the long awaited list might be given to us and if it has been posted since I left then I'll come back here and give Cortath a full apology. But until then I'm going to stick with my last known status of that list and with over five months of precedent and say that Cortath is straight up lying to everyone here.

Also, I'd like to back up what Barb said in his previous post about the culture clash between GATO and NPO.

Edited by Ragashingo