How much longer!

Chickenzilla

When do you think GATO will be released from their NPO viceroy?  

518 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what the hell you're talking about. I suspect you don't either.

He said "no thank you" to the idea of an eternal Pacifican viceroy in GATO. I respectfully informed him that the New Pacific Order does not need his alliances permission to do anything. If you're suggesting that he actually thinks that GATO could run itself better than Pacifica could, well, history proves that theory wrong. GATO wasn't nicknamed "Worst Alliance Ever" for nothing, you know.

They seemed to be functioning fine by themselves in the months before the war, better than several allies of NPO as of late.

I voted never as that is my sincere hope. Time and time again GATO has shown that it is incapable of governing itself. They require Pacificas guiding hand.

He said "no thank you" to the idea of an eternal Pacifican viceroy in GATO. I respectfully informed him that the New Pacific Order does not need his alliances permission to do anything. If you're suggesting that he actually thinks that GATO could run itself better than Pacifica could, well, history proves that theory wrong. GATO wasn't nicknamed "Worst Alliance Ever" for nothing, you know.

Well, I guess I have to be grateful that is not up to you. I sincerely think that we will prove you wrong.

Speaking as someone who was quite vocal in opposition to the Viceroyship during the end of the GATO-1v war, (but not on behalf of GATO, and I certainly can't speak for Pacifica as a whole) the NPO members involved in the Viceroyship have been nothing but helpful in overhauling and revitalizing GATO. After each of the last 3 major wars, when membership, activity, and spirits are down, we go through a slow time. This Viceroyship has in some ways been our most productive period in awhile, and our Pacifican comrades seem genuinely interested in improving our lot in the cyberverse.

We don't always agree, but it seems that since the end of the war our goals are the same, for the first time in a long time.

In answer to the question, i predict within the next 2 months GATO will be independent.

I agree with Moniker. The Viceroyship team has being really helpful in a lot of maters, and there have being a lot of improvements.

Well we first need to find Koona another alliance to be Viceroy over.

Volunteers?

Anyway, I really do not know but some time in the future is my bet, when NPO wills it.

Koona be good like that. Hope you together make good results.

Vladimir is the Viceroy. I suppose you missed the memo :P

One of my hopes at the end of the GATO-1V war was that the Global Alliance would escape the cycles of wars, Moniker and benjaminperdomo's (hola Benji, que tal? :D ) post's go some way in my mind to confirm that may indeed be what is happening.

:wub: GATO

Edited by Cataduanes

Releasing GATO from viceroyalty will be seen as a good move and a source of good PR.

I can't for the life of my understand that. Not doing it in the first place, perhaps. Not going to war in the first place, perhaps. But this I can not get my head around.

Well, I think we'll be released when we're done building up, a couple of months yet.

And I am, like Benji and Moniker ,grateful for the help we have received. We will be the most Winningest Alliance Ever [sic] yet.

Don´t kid yourself! You always were, and always will be WAE... :P

Chickenzilla, if GATO could govern itself better than Pacifica can, it wouldn't be in the position it's currently in. It's really as simple as that.

Im not sure if your aware as to how much governing the NPO actually does in GATO. The etho's, for those not in the know, was simply "Help you help yourselves", at least thats the vibe i got, and i should know. But don't get the wrong impression here, there was some authoritarian nature to it. Koona was a good viceroy, as is Vladimir, have been able to give us breathing space. There where some issues but on the whole people accepted it and moved on.

Contrary to Corinan's comment here, its really nothing like reality, and I hope people reading this comment take it with grain of salt. Though it puzzles me why we would be getting comments like this, especially from NPO members, given that part of the Viceroy ship was to rebuild some semblance of a common relationship. Comments such as this don't accurately represent reality.

And I apologize to MTTezla, I had to comment.

You beat me to it Doitzel, I was going to comment on the amazing prediction powers of Branimir myself.

I am glad you find it funny, as it was the intent of such a remark as should be obvious. Although I get this feeling as my comment was taken on face value in attempt to actually be used as a poor jab at me, not really seen as a light joke as what it was.

I would like to not believe in that as that would mean that the intellectual power of this medium has just hit bottom and that would be sad, really sad.

Vladimir is the Viceroy. I suppose you missed the memo :P

Sorry for that, they never send me memos,...they say its because they always get misplaced but I am starting to doubt their reasoning and think they are ignoring me :mad:

One of this days,...I am telling you I am going to start a revolution I tell ya against them from my bitter spite,...its gonna be called Vox Po,....wait been done, damn. Out of ideas, I guess I will have to take it :(

(hint: I am joking)

Speaking as someone who was quite vocal in opposition to the Viceroyship during the end of the GATO-1v war, (but not on behalf of GATO, and I certainly can't speak for Pacifica as a whole) the NPO members involved in the Viceroyship have been nothing but helpful in overhauling and revitalizing GATO. After each of the last 3 major wars, when membership, activity, and spirits are down, we go through a slow time. This Viceroyship has in some ways been our most productive period in awhile, and our Pacifican comrades seem genuinely interested in improving our lot in the cyberverse.

We don't always agree, but it seems that since the end of the war our goals are the same, for the first time in a long time.

I agree with Moniker. The Viceroyship team has being really helpful in a lot of maters, and there have being a lot of improvements.

I'm really happy to see posts like these. Whatever your view on Viceroyships, myself and others have put a lot into GATO with a genuine want to help them grow. To say the NPO doesn't 'care enough about the Viceroyalty' is an insult to that work. We do.

I'm really happy to see posts like these. Whatever your view on Viceroyships, myself and others have put a lot into GATO with a genuine want to help them grow. To say the NPO doesn't 'care enough about the Viceroyalty' is an insult to that work. We do.

I have to agree with these two fine people. From what I have seen since my time back, the NPO has put substantial work into many of our ministries and people like Marimassa, Cortath, and others have been doing a very good job in helping us rebuild. I am sure we will be given independence when we are ready.

I am glad you find it funny, as it was the intent of such a remark as should be obvious. Although I get this feeling as my comment was taken on face value in attempt to actually be used as a poor jab at me, not really seen as a light joke as what it was.

Don't feel bad. He was wrong as well. :lol: Moo-Cows has been the Viceroy for the past few months.

How long over the minimum limit are they now? It's gotta be several months.

59 days to the best of my knowledge.

At the very least they should not allow NPO to manage their tech dealing.

Obligatory no GATO members can post in this thread.

Lest they be ejected by the Viceroyalty occupation.

LoSS took a year to get freedom for blitzing VE. I don't see GATO being any different, especially considering the reason they were rolled in the first place.

. . . breaking terms signed with a war colaition that had not existed in over a year?

I ponder do I post a comical and satirical take of the NPO Vice Royalty in GATO or not seems I joined the alliance after the last large scale war?

[scans round for SDRD before poking the usual light hearted quipps at her ummm I mean him - sorry SDRD :P ]

Edited by Palpatine001

I wanted to echo the thoughts of a few posts by my fellow members already, and say a statement of my own:

GATO is not your political issue to attack NPO with, and vice versa.

The NPO Viceroy team has been very helpful, and while you may not have heard anything coming out of our alliance in awhile, it's probably because we are still rebuilding our foreign affairs section, and doesn't mean there aren't good things happening.

I am truly glad the NPO members sent to GATO to help out have more open minds than some of the ones posting in this thread, because they are the ones that will determine our freedom. Having spent months with the members of the Viceroy team in our alliance, I consider them good, friendly people, who want to help out.

They know who GATO is like now, but some of you are stuck in the past. I hope if nothing else that the NPO members that spent time with GATO get rid of old preconceptions about us, and bring back their opinions to share with the rest of you, and maybe change some of your minds.

It's true that GATO's leaders often failed us in the past. To be honest, GATO had changed after GWIII. It was on the path to no mistakes, until its past found one more way to hurt it. We survived, and damn it I think we earned our chance to be evaluated for our new deeds and not those of our past.

I look forward to the point where the Viceroy team thinks we are doing a good enough job that we can take on (and maybe even improve upon, dare I say it) on what they are doing. It will be directly dependent on how much effort we make ourselves to that end, and nothing else.

Edited by Wootmeister

I wanted to echo the thoughts of a few posts by my fellow members already, and say a statement of my own:

The NPO Viceroy team has been very helpful, and while you may not have heard anything coming out of our alliance in awhile, it's probably because we are still rebuilding our foreign affairs section, and doesn't mean there aren't good things happening.

I am truly glad the NPO members sent to GATO to help out have more open minds than some of the ones posting in this thread, because they are the ones that will determine our freedom. Having spent months with the members of the Viceroy team in our alliance, I consider them good, friendly people, who want to help out.

They know who GATO is like now, but some of you are stuck in the past. I hope if nothing else that the NPO members that spent time with GATO get rid of old preconceptions about us, and bring back their opinions to share with the rest of you, and maybe change some of your minds.

It's true that GATO's leaders often failed us in the past. To be honest, GATO had changed after GWIII. It was on the path to no mistakes, until its past found one more way to hurt it. We survived, and damn it I think we earned our chance to be evaluated for our new deeds and not those of our past.

I look forward to the point where the Viceroy team thinks we are doing a good enough job that we can take on (and maybe even improve upon, dare I say it) on what they are doing. It will be directly dependent on how much effort we make ourselves to that end, and nothing else.

GATO was/is a democracy type alliance correct?

Will it remain that way?

The time we will keep GATO as a Viceroyalty is directly proportional to the time people keep making annoying and pointless polls on the CN Forums.

What if every NPO nation made a poll?

;o I have discovered their secret.

My answer is never, directly influenced by the quote above. :v:

Edited by Ejayrazz

:wub: Woot :wub:

If you say its all ok .. thats enough for me ;)