How much longer!

Chickenzilla

When do you think GATO will be released from their NPO viceroy?  

518 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chickenzilla, if GATO could govern itself better than Pacifica can, it wouldn't be in the position it's currently in. It's really as simple as that.

How a bored enemy chooses to respond to something that had happened half a year earlier has nothing to do with whether they "deserve" to be in their position or not.

I don't know what the hell you're talking about. I suspect you don't either.

He said "no thank you" to the idea of an eternal Pacifican viceroy in GATO. I respectfully informed him that the New Pacific Order does not need his alliances permission to do anything. If you're suggesting that he actually thinks that GATO could run itself better than Pacifica could, well, history proves that theory wrong. GATO wasn't nicknamed "Worst Alliance Ever" for nothing, you know.

I never said that we were giving or not giving permission for an eternal viceroy/guiding hand of Pacifica. I was just making sure that you knew we don't want it.

So you're telling me that people have absolutely no right to have control over themselves? I guess when the NPO gets rolled it will accept indefinite servitude.

The only rights you have on Planet Bob are the ones you're able to successfully defend or the ones your superiors let you have. Its a harsh world, Madmonkey24.

The only rights you have on Planet Bob are the ones you're able to successfully defend or the ones your superiors let you have. Its a harsh world, Madmonkey24.

I'm glad to see that believing people have some minor fundamental rights, that they deserve decency and respect, and that they deserve to be free from the tyranny of others are alien concepts to CN.

I'm glad to see that believing people have some minor fundamental rights, that they deserve decency and respect, and that they deserve to be free from the tyranny of others are alien concepts to CN.

I can think of plenty of alliances that condemn ZI Blacklisting and get on just fine.

Speaking as someone who was quite vocal in opposition to the Viceroyship during the end of the GATO-1v war, (but not on behalf of GATO, and I certainly can't speak for Pacifica as a whole) the NPO members involved in the Viceroyship have been nothing but helpful in overhauling and revitalizing GATO. After each of the last 3 major wars, when membership, activity, and spirits are down, we go through a slow time. This Viceroyship has in some ways been our most productive period in awhile, and our Pacifican comrades seem genuinely interested in improving our lot in the cyberverse.

We don't always agree, but it seems that since the end of the war our goals are the same, for the first time in a long time.

In answer to the question, i predict within the next 2 months GATO will be independent.

Well we first need to find Koona another alliance to be Viceroy over.

Volunteers?

Anyway, I really do not know but some time in the future is my bet, when NPO wills it.

Speaking as someone who was quite vocal in opposition to the Viceroyship during the end of the GATO-1v war, (but not on behalf of GATO, and I certainly can't speak for Pacifica as a whole) the NPO members involved in the Viceroyship have been nothing but helpful in overhauling and revitalizing GATO. After each of the last 3 major wars, when membership, activity, and spirits are down, we go through a slow time. This Viceroyship has in some ways been our most productive period in awhile, and our Pacifican comrades seem genuinely interested in improving our lot in the cyberverse.

We don't always agree, but it seems that since the end of the war our goals are the same, for the first time in a long time.

In answer to the question, i predict within the next 2 months GATO will be independent.

Koona be good like that. Hope you together make good results.

Edited by Branimir

If I remember correctly, an alliance cannot force root admin on the forums of another alliance through in-game means.

Also, I wouldn't worry about GATO. If they aren't released right away they can get rid of it themselves.

These kinds of threads are counter-productive.

Sadly that was willed by the admin after GATO's viceroy was inplace. Not only that but NPO believed (with obvious ignorance of internet intellectual property ownership and a nice spin in place) that because InvisionFree owned the boards that it was not actual property of GATO and not actual extortion because GATO did not "own" boards but InvisionFree did thus it wasn't extortion! Anyway they are past that to the point where their entire forums existance is based on the will of NPO, the whole forums are hosted by NPO currently (scary thought isn't it?)

Anyway GATO can get rid of the viceroy theoretically if they please, depending on whether or not it would be advantagous of them (ie the whole being rolled for kicking the viceroy out, since the alliance does technically have the authority to pick who governs them). So really it is just counterproductive to kick them out now, unless of course the doom of NPO is around the corner, in which case it would be quite advantagous of them to shed NPO for fear of NPO pulling them unwillingly into a war on NPO's side. Some kind of class that would be.

I mean really... if the situation gets hairy the whole property thing now would have to be delt with on a case baises with Kevin (admin).

Edited by BarbulaM1

In my opinion, being released is when NPO willfully releases them from such so that the NPO does not know everything that GATO has in planning. Atleast I suppose that is the idea of viceroyalty. Do they really care about governing GATO properly? Maybe, maybe not.

The only way NPO will release them is if it serves NPO plans, not the worlds. That would probably require some amount of trust from NPO towards GATO. My guess is right now with the current waves that are rocking this world, I would say that NPO trust is very limited. Thus I would say as things stand now NPO has no plans of letting them go without GATO being completely in their pocket.

Never.

I was unaware that GATO had a viceroy. It's sure a different situation than the Legion viceroyship. If I recall correctly there were frequent public statements with different improvements being made to the alliance. I don't remember the last time I read an announcement from GATO...

Edited by Merovingian

GATO wasn't nicknamed "Worst Alliance Ever" for nothing, you know.

Poor GATO, So after 9 weeks of incessant warfare, having adhered to the demands made upon it in war by the Order that tag still gets chucked about? man i thought the 9 weeks of standing our ground would have counted for something...at least in terms of not have WAE chucked at the Global Alliance :(

Does the opinion of the Global Alliance and Treaty Organisation members here matter anything? And please avoid filling the thread with 'they're just toeing the line'. I already can hear it; I'd like to hear something else.

And I turned in a null vote, since ultimately that's between GATO and the New Pacific Order. One GATO member did quote that ministries were still being rebuilt; another estimated two months. And another observer cited that GATO would be relieved when it felt it was ready. The story may be different if we see GATO members THEMSELVES start making comments, but until I can quote current members having issue with things, there's really not a lot I can say against it continuing until both parties are satisfied that GATO is up and running again.