Sanctioned Alliance Images

Vivi

TOPSancPIP61.png

I preferred this one but that's just me <_<

thanks for the answer ES.

i think this one looks better than the current one. The current one's over-detailing distract from its purpose (easy identification of supported alliance...usually)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, the one that doesn't make it is always way cooler. :(

prototype_small.png> gallery_12_5_4604.png

52c87566.png> gallery_12_5_613.png

Oh well, congrats on the pip TOP. It's not that it's ugly, the other one just looks way nicer. :P

I have to agree with you but all TOP's pip are great less the black one :P

Sure. Here are some of the more popular ones.

NEW_MASK_ICON.png

TOPSancPIP61.png

kultainenvalk.png

pip1185.png

prototype_small.png

varjoplatyvalk.png

I voted for the first one but tbh the current one doesn't look so bad after all. Also most of the pips were made by Shardoon (he's the maker of the one that won, not sure if anybody gave him credit already).

Man, the one that doesn't make it is always way cooler. :(

prototype_small.png> gallery_12_5_4604.png

52c87566.png> gallery_12_5_613.png

Oh well, congrats on the pip TOP. It's not that it's ugly, the other one just looks way nicer. :P

Lol, I agree with the Polar one, but I must say that the current TOP pip is so damn elaborate, it just outright impresses me.

Btw, what's all that stuff on the inside of the bar of the first TOP pip (the skin-colored background, with brown and orange lines?)?

Lol, I agree with the Polar one, but I must say that the current TOP pip is so damn elaborate, it just outright impresses me.

Btw, what's all that stuff on the inside of the bar of the first TOP pip (the skin-colored background, with brown and orange lines?)?

I think it's a little TOO elaborate... Some of the other ones were better. But it's still nice work. It would look better if the pip could be bigger. And no offense Gairy, but I like the Bird better than the Wings. :P

-Bama

I think it's a little TOO elaborate... Some of the other ones were better. But it's still nice work. It would look better if the pip could be bigger. And no offense Gairy, but I like the Bird better than the Wings. :P

-Bama

No offense taken. :) There's a reason it won in the halls of Polaris, but not by much. :D From an artistic standpoint, I feel like, despite it's elaborate design and incredible detail, it really defines what I kind of expect from the top alliances. If I had the opportunity to design each alliances' pip, I would certainly try to pack as much of the culture of each into its own icon, and I think that's what TOP has done. But I agree with you about the others being fantastic. I only wish Polaris had gotten so many brilliant options (we did, but the Birds and Wings were clearly the favorites IMO).

And to clarify, from the artistic point of view, I favor the more creative pictures. My favorites are most definitely Sparta's, TOP's, Fark's, and NpO's due to how different they are (or rather how much they violate the pip norms). Harmlins is a good one due to it's symbolism, but the others (RoK, FOK, NPO, ODN, VE, TOOL, TDO, the old TPF, MCXA, and IRON ones) were all just smaller flags, when they could have really taken advantage of the alliance's culture and allusions/symbolism.

Edited by Gairyuki

its a map going for the Paradox Interactive theme again

A map of medieval europe iirc. On the left you can see France.

Sorry TOP while I like your current Pip I like these three the best, more so the 2nd and third one.

To me the third one looks too much like a bow tie. I think if you subtract the orange embellishing from the back and left the black bar/map/platypus that it would have done better. Also if the black bar/map were angled a bit to look a bit more like a chevron. I could not support bow ties for TOP.

Personally I was a fan of the double flag + black platypus.

pip1185.png

In the end, I like the one that we have because it not only looks secksi, it is also very different from the ones that everyone else is wearing. To me, a lot of the current ones seem big and blocky. Ours creates, what I would call, an elegant contrast. Even if ours is not (strictly speaking) the best of all our possibilities, imo, it looks better placed in the context of the other alliance pips. They are complimentary of each other.

Edited by WalkerNinja

Query, can you change your pip once you have submitted one? For example if Gramlins and MHA suddenly hate each other would MHA be allowed to change their pip to something less gremlins inclined?

Hmm, wouldn't seem to be a problem to do that for the mods until some bipolar alliance got sanctioned :awesome: