Sanctioned Alliance Images

Vivi

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i meant our little flag discussion hehe

I doubt you beat us there too. About 2 years ago I hired many artists in CN to create new flag concepts for TOP. I got probably 10-15 different concepts and other members created their own versions. We had probably over 50 different versions in voting (IIRC). Several rounds of voting that lasted for weeks. Only to end up with most votes for old flag, one that we used ever since we came into this game over 3 years ago, and one we are still using.

Beat that.

Looking forward to our pip. I really like the design.

Yeah, you win easily. Our flag vote only had four candidates, I think. The original shrunk down to the smaller size necessary for it to be placed in the game which looked dark and had harsh edges, and three member-submitted designs. It didn't even take twenty-four hours for people to claim the vote a sham and demand a revote (Namely because our Da DreadLord here decided to revise his flag during the vote, and people who voted against it now wanted to vote for it. Not that it mattered since he won the vote regardless.). Rather harsh criticism of the flags continued for a couple days until I decided I liked Da DreadLord's revised revision of our original flag (He smoothed out the harsh edges and lightened it up, as you can see in the game now) and submitted that. As I figured, once the flag was in the game, nobody gave a care about the silly flag debate. They were just happy the flag was there.

But yeah, fifty different versions in voting? That would be a nightmare to preside over, and it would be a terrible kick to the shins for the original flag to win out handily. That kind of makes all the effort wasted. You win hands down, and I would fear for the sanity of anyone who claims they beat you.

Yeah, you win easily. Our flag vote only had four candidates, I think. The original shrunk down to the smaller size necessary for it to be placed in the game which looked dark and had harsh edges, and three member-submitted designs. It didn't even take twenty-four hours for people to claim the vote a sham and demand a revote (Namely because our Da DreadLord here decided to revise his flag during the vote, and people who voted against it now wanted to vote for it. Not that it mattered since he won the vote regardless.). Rather harsh criticism of the flags continued for a couple days until I decided I liked Da DreadLord's revised revision of our original flag (He smoothed out the harsh edges and lightened it up, as you can see in the game now) and submitted that. As I figured, once the flag was in the game, nobody gave a care about the silly flag debate. They were just happy the flag was there.

But yeah, fifty different versions in voting? That would be a nightmare to preside over, and it would be a terrible kick to the shins for the original flag to win out handily. That kind of makes all the effort wasted. You win hands down, and I would fear for the sanity of anyone who claims they beat you.

Heh :)

Sanction was 3 years in coming. We made sure we had a good pip. Looking forward to it.

Coolest pip I've seen so far, well done TOP.

For those that have not played EU3, game by Paradox Interactive (game developer from which forums our alliance originated), our pip is largely based on Coat of Arms found in that game. This intricate golden outline around our platypus symbol is taken directly from the game.

So not only our pip looks great but it has a great historical and cultural significance to The Order of the Paradox.