Sanctioned Alliance Images

Vivi

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We already got one

And we are just on radio silence usually ;)

Indeed, radio silence is how we (the aqua neutral menace) likes to take you by surprise and talk diplomatically!

Edited by jesterxo

I wonder if the alliance tag vote will take longer than the new flag vote from way back when :P

I hope Ponken made a seizure-inducing submission!

animated pip...interesting idea, although if we let ponken make it TOP would probably get sued into the ground

I wonder if the alliance tag vote will take longer than the new flag vote from way back when :P

I hope Ponken made a seizure-inducing submission!

Ehhh.

Let's see.

We started Feb. 13 2009 to ask for various pips (we call it a pip , dunno). Several suggestions were made, but it was mainly preliminary suggestions.

2. of April the "Sanction Pips" topic was made which saw many, many of them and several stood out as particularly pretty.

They were added in "Sanction Pips II" 10th of April (to reduce clutter) and several modifications where made to several suggestions plus a few new additions.

These were voted on from 13th of April which reduced to selection to 4 and those 4 where up for vote 18th of april. There is two distinct favourites with only 2 votes in difference.

Now two things have happened: Mainly the whole war thing which changes the topic we have running in the Golden Hall

Secondly the fourth topic dedicated to create sanction pips have been created to see if other suggestion will come up since we are pretty divided on the pip (the two leading candidates are quite different artistic approaches) does not bode well for the 1 vs 1 election.

Essentially, when this war is over, I wager around two weeks before a decision is made but no guarantees from me.

Edited by alpreb

Ehhh.

Let's see.

We started Feb. 13 2009 to ask for various pips (we call it a pip , dunno). Several suggestions were made, but it was mainly preliminary suggestions.

2. of April the "Sanction Pips" topic was made which saw many, many of them and several stood out as particularly pretty.

They were added in "Sanction Pips II" 10th of April (to reduce clutter) and several modifications where made to several suggestions plus a few new additions.

These were voted on from 13th of April which reduced to selection to 4 and those 4 where up for vote 18th of april. There is two distinct favourites with only 2 votes in difference.

Now two things have happened: Mainly the whole war thing which changes the topic we have running in the Golden Hall

Secondly the fourth topic dedicated to create sanction pips have been created to see if other suggestion will come up since we are pretty divided on the pip (the two leading candidates are quite different artistic approaches) does not bode well for the 1 vs 1 election.

Essentially, when this war is over, I wager around two weeks before a decision is made but no guarantees from me.

Don't forget the new submissions

Ehhh.

Let's see.

What's really ironic is that Polaris had the same problem. There were about 6 different submissions, each with its own style, and they were narrowed down to two, both of which were incredibly close (5 votes) in the first primary. Incredibly enough, out of about 350 people, we had upwards of around 200 total votes, with the winner coming out on top at about 10 votes more than the other. For the record, it was the bird (what we have now) vs the Wings (what is in my avatar).

good luck though, I have a feeling that TOP's will be spectacular.

What's really ironic is that Polaris had the same problem. There were about 6 different submissions, each with its own style, and they were narrowed down to two, both of which were incredibly close (5 votes) in the first primary. Incredibly enough, out of about 350 people, we had upwards of around 200 total votes, with the winner coming out on top at about 10 votes more than the other. For the record, it was the bird (what we have now) vs the Wings (what is in my avatar).

good luck though, I have a feeling that TOP's will be spectacular.

I love the bird. Its awesome. I'm glad you guys went with it. But did you make the wings?

Edited by James Wilson

Ehhh.

Let's see.

Cruisin' along at TOP Speed!

Radio Silence in OOC parts of the forums is fail though. :(

Considering how many people playing this game seem to lack the ability to separate OOC and IC conversation and opinions, radio silence even in the OOC parts of the forum is often seen as being an almost necessary evil for self-preservation purposes.

Hell, considering how many people in this game seem to lack the ability to separate the words and opinions of an individual from the official policy of their alliance, and are willing to go to war over it, it's not entirely surprising that many alliances just tell their members to avoid the forums entirely.

There were times in the past when simply arguing an unpopular point of view in the Boiler Room could lead to veiled threats of ZI, so I don't blame anyone who just shrugs and decides reading/posting anywhere on the main CN forum isn't worth the bother.

I've always waited to replace the old ones until I have something to replace them with. I believe admin does the same in-game.

At least this way it will give the ones we're waiting on more reason to get an image in.