A Modest Proposal - Expanding the CN Wiki Editor team

Johnny Apocalypse

The CN Wiki has long been the one-stop shop for cataloguing the long history of every fledgling nation or alliance of note that has come and gone on Planet Bob. It's maintenance is often a thankless job and usually only carried out by a single leader.

So in advance of the rumoured World Summit; I would like to pose the question to the community to nominate and vote on two additional candidates to work alongside the tireless efforts of Smitty of FTW. Feel free to nominate yourselves too of course! A larger team of editors from different corners of the world will ensure the Wiki remains an impartial and reliable source of information for those newer to this planet who are curious to learn more about key events throughout history; allow for accurate checking of historical events that may have set a precedent to refer back to in order to guide us and of course to lighten the load for the one sole editor and allow for alternative perspectives/accounts of events that have (and will happen) on this planet.

Please nominate no more than two candidates, the deadline for people to be nominated and potential nominees to accept will be 00:00 Planet Bob Time on January 10th. Voting will commence shortly after this deadline in the form of a poll on this forum.

I'll start by nominating @Tevron and @jerdge - One candidate from a polar opposite corner of the planet and of course a neutral candidate.

Signed: 

Johnny Apocalypse, Deputy Minister of Justice and Deputy Minister of Defence for GATO

It's too bad, Jerdge. A neutral editor in the wikilands would've been ideal. I think Tevron is also a good take to put a counterweight on the narrative of things because even though Smitty's work in the wiki is invaluable, he's not exactly unbiased in the way he redacts things. It is only natural to write according to your perspective, that's exactly how real-life history books work, but what Johnny brings to the table here gives the place a chance to hear what the other side's perspective is. I'm all for it.

I think that this is a fantastic idea. I could definitely use the help in updating the wiki. I have several ideas that I want to implement into the Wiki but doing it by myself will take me longer than I would like it too. Bobogoobo has been helping me when I mess something up by accident or can't figure out how to do something. Though, he doesn't actively edit the Wiki. He will fix formatting issues and stuff like that, but that's about it. 

5 minutes ago, Master Hakai said:

hey @Franz Ferdinandhelp make wiki

cmon.

Anyone can be an editor, so I refer back to my post here: https://forums.cybernations.net/topic/135063-cyber-nations-wiki-editor-team/?do=findComment&comment=3606335 for anyone considering it. As a result, this idea of nomination is pretty pointless, as there's no real benefit to get involved.

46 minutes ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

Anyone can be an editor, so I refer back to my post here: https://forums.cybernations.net/topic/135063-cyber-nations-wiki-editor-team/?do=findComment&comment=3606335 for anyone considering it. As a result, this idea of nomination is pretty pointless, as there's no real benefit to get involved.

Would it help if I offered a glass of warm milk and cookies? Maybe some slippers by the fireplace? Perhaps even a hot Cosby?

Of course theres no tangible benefit to getting involved beyond making it fun for yourself to do. I know Smitty's been pretty much doing it solo for a while and thought it worth mentioning in case anyone was interested and had the time to assist him with this endeavour. Thought it was something worth talking about as a community for once instead of being super cool and apathetic- I mean, like y'know whatever. 

4 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Would it help if I offered a glass of warm milk and cookies? Maybe some slippers by the fireplace? Perhaps even a hot Cosby?

Of course theres no tangible benefit to getting involved beyond making it fun for yourself to do. I know Smitty's been pretty much doing it solo for a while and thought it worth mentioning in case anyone was interested and had the time to assist him with this endeavour. Thought it was something worth talking about as a community for once instead of being super cool and apathetic- I mean, like y'know whatever. 

Well I nominate YOU then. You like writing text walls and articles. Sounds like a good fit.

8 minutes ago, Kapleo said:

Well I nominate YOU then. You like writing text walls and articles. Sounds like a good fit.

In all seriousness; if no one else wants to help out I could do some light tinkeringg/proof-reading but I'm upto my eyeballs in all this red tape we have laying around in GATO. My point was more to see if others might be interested in getting involved and open up the floor for discussion. War's over now, so we might as well do something until we start bashing each other's heads in again. Who knows; maybe it'd speed things up in that respect 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

3 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

In all seriousness; if no one else wants to help out I could do some light tinkeringg/proof-reading but I'm upto my eyeballs in all this red tape we have laying around in GATO. My point was more to see if others might be interested in getting involved and open up the floor for discussion. War's over now, so we might as well do something until we start bashing each other's heads in again. Who knows; maybe it'd speed things up in that respect 🤷‍♂️

It's settled then. You're officially Smitty's lackey now.

50 minutes ago, Electron Sponge said:

I am just going to post in this thread so all the most cancerous posters can be in one thread together, even you hakai

Also someone needs to write me a wikipedia you dumb nerds

That's very considerate of you, I feel all warm inside now. You can't spell 'cancerous' without 'us'

Also did you polar too stupid to read?

You know, I am always happy to have help editing the wiki. If no one wants to do it, that isn't going to change anything for me. I am going to continue to edit the wiki with or without the help. If no one wants to join me in editing, then please don't complain when you disagree with an edit that I make.