Jump to content

Choosing Alliance - due diligence


monkbonk
 Share

Recommended Posts

Be careful what alliance you choose to carry the war flag for. Some will leave you high and dry on the backend with no support in battle and no rebuild funds.
 

In other words, looking for an alliance better than my last. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As this is an OOC forum I'll share my consideration that you may of course be disappointed with your former alliance, however airing your grievances in this way doesn't really look like good form - at least to me.

 

That said, good luck for your CN future. Do you need monetary aid? I could send you some.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good luck on your continued adventures in CN. May you find an alliance more suited for your ways.

 

EDIT: I do however agree you should carefully balance the available alliances and their ways when looking for an alliance.

Even in these quieter times of CN there are still many alliances with many different ways to run things and finding the right one for you is important.

Edited by Lollerobot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jerdge said:

As this is an OOC forum I'll share my consideration that you may of course be disappointed with your former alliance, however airing your grievances in this way doesn't really look like good form - at least to me.

 

That said, good luck for your CN future. Do you need monetary aid? I could send you some.

 

You should also consider the events behind this topic (things don't get better); Monkbonk here declared on a single CCC nation as part of the KoRT-CCC war. His first ever war. His then 26k NS nation took a meager 7k damage as a result of this. The aforementioned damage was enough to make Monkbonk quit KoRT, complaining about a lack of support and cash.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Monkbonk received 12 packages of war aid since we entered the war 37 days ago. Our alliance in November paid for Monkbonk's Manhattan Project. Monkbonk has a complete Maroon trade circle that St Mungo takes time out of his life to maintain. Monkbonk is "good to go." Make Monkbonk a nice recruitment offer.

 

Aid data for monkbonk | Carnivore (lyricalz.com)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Knights of the Grail said:

Monkbonk received 12 packages of war aid since we entered the war 37 days ago. Our alliance in November paid for Monkbonk's Manhattan Project. Monkbonk has a complete Maroon trade circle that St Mungo takes time out of his life to maintain. Monkbonk is "good to go." Make Monkbonk a nice recruitment offer.

 

Aid data for monkbonk | Carnivore (lyricalz.com)

 

Hilarious. Maybe we gave him too much aid and that's what he is complaining about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Bionic redhead said:

 

You should also consider the events behind this topic (things don't get better); Monkbonk here declared on a single CCC nation as part of the KoRT-CCC war. His first ever war. His then 26k NS nation took a meager 7k damage as a result of this. The aforementioned damage was enough to make Monkbonk quit KoRT, complaining about a lack of support and cash.

Hey Hey,

th?id=OIP.UFPKSuDQislf-p8s3eOa4QHaI1%26p

I did my best against him lol and at 18-22k range I thought that was pretty good damage.  :D honestly though it was fun going against Monkbonk.  You were an admiral opponent.  Good luck in whichever AA you end up joining.  

Edited by Xander the Great
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, monkbonk said:

Be careful what alliance you choose to carry the war flag for. Some will leave you high and dry on the backend with no support in battle and no rebuild funds.
 

In other words, looking for an alliance better than my last. 

 

KoRT wouldn't be my choice but it is not because they don't support their members. They did support you, a lot. They are too good for you. 

 

 

 

Good lord, you made me want to defend KoRT. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Xander the Great said:

I did my best against him lol and at 18-22k range I thought that was pretty good damage.  :D 

 

Taking out 27% of his NS isn't bad at all.  At a glance, 3k to 5k is somewhere around the median, 6k to 10k takes both nations saying "Let's dance!"

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not this dude making me agree with Lyanna. If there's something KoRT has a tendency of doing is looking out for people. Not only their own, but also people that don't want to be looked after or don't deserve it.

Edited by Kapleo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like I'm not even a fan of KORT but from what I gather they were well beyond helpful to your nation in this war.  I don't see what any other alliance could do more, so not really sure an alliance to recommend.  Seems to me someone fought their first war, got a little damage done to them and thought it was the end of the world...while deserting their AA in times of war, not even properly surrendering.

 

You're in PM, I'd recommend just staying in it for the remainder of your time on this planet if you're going to get bent out of the shape losing 7k NS.  Come talk to me when you've lost 300k+ NS as I have, because even in doing so I'm enjoying myself.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A nation like yours would probably be better off in TKTB or something. You seem like a good cultural fit there.

 

Either that or GATO, where you're at no risk of actually fighting.

Edited by firingline
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Meh. I fulfilled my obligations in regards to the Manhattan Project, selling tech, etc. KoRT will paint themselves how they wish.

 

I was listed as a nation to receive rebuild aid, but hadn’t received any for more than two weeks. Won’t come out of peace mode for an alliance that’s not going to have my back. 
 

And I was at 31k nation strength. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, monkbonk said:

Meh. I fulfilled my obligations in regards to the Manhattan Project, selling tech, etc. KoRT will paint themselves how they wish.

 

I was listed as a nation to receive rebuild aid, but hadn’t received any for more than two weeks. Won’t come out of peace mode for an alliance that’s not going to have my back. 
 

And I was at 31k nation strength. 

I can tell you're new. I could build up to that strength overnight. If you stay around long enough, you will understand what I'm saying. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What set me off was the alliance poking fun at someone’s lack of a war chest, being propped up by a full bracket of aid.

 

That got me thinking that I was either amongst a group of elitists or that I hadn’t a chance for that kind of support. Couple that with watching my coworker’s alliance and the amount of support he received led me to draw my conclusions.

 

The first two and half pages of my aid were tech deals, then came the MP, some aid came from my brother, and then there was the war aid.

 It was actually quiet paltry 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Xander the Great said:

Hey Hey,

th?id=OIP.UFPKSuDQislf-p8s3eOa4QHaI1%26p

I did my best against him lol and at 18-22k range I thought that was pretty good damage.  :D honestly though it was fun going against Monkbonk.  You were an admiral opponent.  Good luck in whichever AA you end up joining.  

I vaguely remember you after destroying your three comrads. Must of been my last war, where I expected support but had to make due with being outmatched.

 

I did hold my own though. Thanks for the compliment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

And I had to use another alliance’s posted war guide as KoRT’s looked like it was written by a 12 year old.

 

So there’s a lot lacking.

 

 

EDiT: I hear the Doom Squad is a group of really nice ppl. Don’t see the reason for the above attack..

Edited by monkbonk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, firingline said:

A nation like yours would probably be better off in TKTB or something. You seem like a good cultural fit there.

 

Either that or GATO, where you're at no risk of actually fighting.

 

Seconded (also lol’d and well done). 

 

Pick a new alliance, champ, so we can all send them the link to this sad thread when you do. I think KoRT is a joke and you’re not even good enough for them.

Edited by CrinkledStraw
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, monkbonk said:

I vaguely remember you after destroying your three comrads. Must of been my last war, where I expected support but had to make due with being outmatched.

 

I did hold my own though. Thanks for the compliment. 

Not sure about my comrades, I only saw the war between you and I.  But I have been in too many to recall exact details of each war lol  You were just 1 of something like 15 or so wars I have been in since the start of this.  7.1k loss to my 3.7k is a great fight in my eyes.  

Edited by Xander the Great
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, CrinkledStraw said:

 

Seconded (also lol’d and well done). 

 

Pick a new alliance, champ, so we can all send them the link to this sad thread when you do. I think KoRT is a joke and you’re not even good enough for them.

What train wreck of an alliance accepts your nonsense? Another I would like to avoid. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...