Unpacking the baggage: Power and privilege on Planet Bob

Shokkou

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now who's the one stuck in 2008? Are we, as a global society, never intending to move forward? Are we really going to be that short sighted?

Yes of course! I see it now! We should all just give up, join GPA and smoke pot all day singing kumbaya! :awesome:

Yes of course! I see it now! We should all just give up, join GPA and smoke pot all day singing kumbaya! :awesome:

You hate peace and social progress. You're totally cool with the wholesale slaughter of millions in pursuit of wealth. We get it.

Foxburo > Other nations.

And society is always progressing on Bob. With or without you.

Admitting you have a (fascism) problem is the first step. If society is progressing, why do so many (such as yourself) cling to the outdated notions of jingoistic blind nationalism? That hardly seems progressive to me.

Edited by Shokkou

Sionnach

The official party of president Fox Fire. Sionnach is moderate-left party, but generally has some politically conservative policies. Sionnach became popular during the Red Fox Revolution when the Fox Party (now Fianna Fox) lost popularity due to accusations of corruption, human rights abuses and an ongoing civil war. FP was later forced out of power by Sionnach and the Communist Party- Fox Fire was named a president (later given theocratic status) and Sionnach took control of the government while allowing the Fox Party to remain as a political party under required reforms.

Foxburo is a nation well known for its diverse cultures and people including east Asian, Slavic, Nordic, and Celtic. The state religion is Taoism, the largest religion in Foxburo. Other major religions include Catholicism, Orthodox Christianity, Celtic and Norse Paganism and Islam. The citizens of Foxburo are resilient yet welcoming people, generally open to immigration and other cultures.

Foxburan cuisine is generally based on seafood, dairy, rice and potatoes, which tend to make up many of the traditional dishes in Foxburo. Popular beverages include tea, coffee, and alcoholic beverages such as beer, whiskey, sake and wine.

Gender equality is highly promoted in Foxburo, as well as contraception, gay rights and freedom of speech. Women have the right to an abortion in Foxburo so long as the procedure is preformed within the first trimester of pregnancy. Capital punishment is constitutionally banned while occupational discrimination based on age, gender, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, religion, race or membership of the traveling community is illegal.

cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Foxburo

We're all sorts of fascist in Foxburo. :v:

I mean hell, we eat babies for breakfast.

Admitting you have a (fascism) problem is the first step. If society is progressing, why do so many (such as yourself) cling to the outdated notions of jingoistic blind nationalism? That hardly seems progressive to me.

Probably because competition is what drives Bob. Go join GPA if you want to sing Kumbaya. Nobody else cares.

On another note, you certainly put a lot of effort into trying to sound serious.

Edited by Fox Fire

Just in case someone lumps NpO in with this hate on NPO, I'd like to say that some new orders are different.  My new order, Polar, helps people out now, really doesn't have the same hegemonic imperial focus as these other new orders.

#NotAllNewOrders

cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Foxburo

We're all sorts of fascist in Foxburo. :v:

I mean hell, we eat babies for breakfast.

Probably because competition is what drives Bob. Go join GPA if you want to sing Kumbaya. Nobody else cares.

On another note, you certainly put a lot of effort into trying to sound serious.

You say that ironically, but what good are those freedoms if they apply only to certain people (in this case yours) and not to others?

Competition drives nothing but the rich/poor divide and classism. There's a difference between neutrality and seeking an end to the selfishness and greed which has permeated the political climate of Planet Bob since the dawn of civilization. Obviously some are beginning to see the truth and care, or we would not be seeing positive responses like those of Tromp and smurthwaite.

(OOC: Of course. Go big or go home.)

Why is this thread being taken seriously

Because racism and inequality are serious problems on Planet Bob and people are either starting to realize this, or desperately flailing because they see people are starting to realize it.

You say that ironically, but what good are those freedoms if they apply only to certain people (in this case yours) and not to others?

You're perfectly free to join NPO.

Competition drives nothing but the rich/poor divide and classism. There's a difference between neutrality and seeking an end to the selfishness and greed which has permeated the political climate of Planet Bob since the dawn of civilization. Obviously some are beginning to see the truth and care, or we would not be seeing positive responses like those of Tromp and smurthwaite.

And now you see what drives Bob.

Why is this thread being taken seriously

It's not.

Because racism and inequality are serious problems on Planet Bob and people are either starting to realize this, or desperately flailing because they see people are starting to realize it.

I blame NoR. Damn Scandinavian racists.

You're perfectly free to join NPO.

And now you see what drives Bob.

It's not.

I blame NoR. Damn Scandinavian racists.

What good would that do to all the other underprivileged nations and alliances on Bob? Do other cultures not deserve to exist?

Because the world is a certain way, that automatically means that it ought to be that way? That's circular logic.

What good would that do to all the other underprivileged nations and alliances on Bob? Do other cultures not deserve to exist?

Sure they do.... Which is why they do...

Because the world is a certain way, that automatically means that it ought to be that way? That's circular logic.

No, it's nature. Lifeforms are naturally competitive. That will never change.

Sure they do.... Which is why they do...

No, it's nature. Lifeforms are naturally competitive. That will never change.

It is this lack of ability to rise above baser, animalistic impulses that necessitates the revolution of an enlightened class.

Just in case someone lumps NpO in with this hate on NPO, I'd like to say that some new orders are different.  My new order, Polar, helps people out now, really doesn't have the same hegemonic imperial focus as these other new orders.

#NotAllNewOrders

NPO helps people too. I feel the pragmatic alliances are often the most eager to help, because in doing so they help themselves. Without that foundation, an Empire cannot built. Big alliances fight over smaller alliance's loyalty by trying to be the most helpful.

Alliances without ambitions tend to be, unsurprisingly, laissez faire. Very few actively seek out people to help purely out of the kindness of their hearts. Which, in the end, is arguably actually more hurtful to Planet Bob than being Imperialist. If everyone had that laissez faire attitude, we'd be far less advanced than we are today.

The path to hell is paved with good intentions.

It's never been a thing throughout history for anyone to have power without support. The thing is that, over time, tacit support for their bigoted power has become normalized. As a new generation comes up living under the institutionalized racism of the past, they are indoctrinated to see it as just the way things are.

That word 'racist'...you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Pacifica was for the longest time run by overly wordy oligarch manipulators, with the veneer of being the "civilized" ones (apart from NpO).  In the end, they were/are no better than IRON, ODN, Fark or a lot of other alliances I could name.  If you buy off on their propaganda, lord help you, but I don't wish them any particular ill will.  At some point we may even find each other useful again.  

Edited by ChairmanHal

#NotAllNewOrders

&$#W, now I have to quit Planet Bob.  I told myself if I ever saw someone # something here I'd go kill myself.

NPO helps people too. I feel the pragmatic alliances are often the most eager to help, because in doing so they help themselves. Without that foundation, an Empire cannot built. Big alliances fight over smaller alliance's loyalty by trying to be the most helpful.

Alliances without ambitions tend to be, unsurprisingly, laissez faire. Very few actively seek out people to help purely out of the kindness of their hearts. Which, in the end, is arguably actually more hurtful to Planet Bob than being Imperialist. If everyone had that laissez faire attitude, we'd be far less advanced than we are today.

The path to hell is paved with good intentions.

The question though is where does that ambition fall among their priorities. If they just have ambition for their own sake and want to be the very best like no one ever was at any cost, then any "good" they might do is really nothing more than disingenuous manipulation.

That word 'racist'...you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Pacifica was for the longest time run by overly wordy oligarch manipulators, with the veneer of being the "civilized" ones (apart from NpO).  In the end, they were/are no better than IRON, ODN, Fark or a lot of other alliances I could name.  If you buy off on their propaganda, lord help you, but I don't wish them any particular ill will.  At some point we may even find each other useful again.  

Don't tell me what racism is you sock puppet.

Finally a type of privilege that I don't have to check because I don't have any. And yeah, Pacifican privilege went away with Karma.

"I don't have any... but I do have internalized Pacificarchy!" I'm not sure whether you're genuinely misinformed or just pretending to be to further the agenda. I'm leaning towards the latter.

This has to be a joke right? We've paid several times over for our actions before Karma. We paid in the Karma War, we paid in the reparations that followed (we paid out 120% of our pre-war NS solely in tech reparations), we paid in the DH War when DH and FAN preempted us, we paid in the Grudge War when FAN preempted us again with Fark's support, we paid again in Disorder when, partially, Polar had to clean the slate of bad blood held over from the break between the Orders pre-Karma.

I joined Pacifica seven months before Karma, and I've been paying for the deeds of my forebears ever since. Did I fight a single FAN nation in the VietFAN War before Karma? Yes I did. And I've never been able to grow my nation beyond 72k NS ever since, in large part, due to the fact that we have had to continue to pay in blood in several wars for the actions of our forebears pre-Karma. But despite all of that we're still the "oppressors" and ebil.

At this point to force Pacificans who had nothing to do with those actions in our past, and who have not benefited from those actions from over half a decade ago is cruel and would kill CN faster than it already is in decline.

You say that Pacificans still have to pay for their "oppression" of others. Well you know what? Invicta's worked with us in said "oppression" as a direct ally, as well as alongside us on Red for years not to mention the fact that several members of Invicta are former Pacificans who benefited from Pacifican "oppression" of others, rotty, King William, Infopowerbroker, and Contra to name a few. By extension they all have to pay for benefitting from Pacifican "oppression". Former Pacificans who benefitted from Pacifican "oppression" are spread all over Planet Bob from Invicta to TOP and Polar, and Kashmir, and MI6 and IRON just to name a few, and there were even former Pacificans in FAN. By your logic they all have to pay since they all benefitted from the injustice of Pacifican "oppression" at some point.

But in the end yes we're ebil so continue to shake in your boots.

Edited by Monty of the Herm

At this point to force Pacificans who had nothing to do with those actions in our past, and who have not benefited from those actions from over half a decade ago is cruel and would kill CN faster than it already is in decline.

Every alliance pays in a war to a certain degree regardless of being on the winning or losing side.

People can hold grudges forever and grudges don't always get paid either.

Those with grudges can always fall back on the current leadership of NPO being mostly old school members who were involved and benefitted from those actions.

Members are always accountable to the actions of their leadership and that's always been the way of life around here.

I'm not taking sides or hold any grudges either, NPO is one of my old homes. Edited by the rebel

Don't tell me what racism is you sock puppet.

It appears I touched a nerve.  Good.  "Midget Napoleon" indeed.   :rolleyes:

I hope not. That would be pointless.

I was just being polite.  Your alliance has a track record of allowing your friends to be butchered.  Worse, of having agendas that are in no way in alignment with the goals of the coalitions of which you are a part.  That's not how I work and it's not what I expect out of my allies.