Unpacking the baggage: Power and privilege on Planet Bob

Shokkou

Hmm... good question!

Firstly, I don't seek to compensate for my lack of brainpower with mediocre digital art. That would be far too plebian.

Secondly, I am the Crown Princess to the House of Invicta, first in line should our glorious leader, the Lord Protector Jorost (praise be upon him), ever decide to abdicate, a day we hope never comes. As such, I am a shining beacon of hope and joy (or at least, a very loud and annoying beacon) for my people.

Thirdly, I help members of our glorious hegemony, like Shokkou for example, stand up to big fat meanie citizens of the world like you.

Mediocre digital art? Let's see what you got then... Impress me... Show me your superior art. Or would you be more impressed by hand drawn art? :P

Crown Princess? So you're the heir of Invicta? No wonder DS rolled you guys...

But you never answered my question. I asked:

In what way do you contribute to your alliance?

Me? I'm a military officer, academy staff, artist, admissions staff and diplomat.

I put a lot of time into personally helping new nations 1x1 in both war and in growth, ensuring they know how to build and fight.

I spend a lot of time talking to other alliances, talking politics or friendly conversation, keeping IRON in everyones eye.

I judge whether new nations deserve IRON membership, or whether they deserve the curb.

I make splendid art for not just my alliance but people everywhere.

So again... What exactly do you do for your alliance other than retain a meaningless title?

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it is acceptable for Pacifica to have a long memory regarding transgressions, but not those whom they have oppressed? More gold-standard examples of Pacifican Privilege. Thank you for proving my point. Blocked.

We have made amends for our transgressions already?! I mean we doled out soooo much for Karma.. what else would you have us do to cleanse ourselves of these alleged crimes that go unsatisifed? What is your recommendation?

We have made amends for our transgressions already?! I mean we doled out soooo much for Karma.. what else would you have us do to cleanse ourselves of these alleged crimes that go unsatisifed? What is your recommendation?

It's things like this that make me question your sincerity. In my original post I outlined a path that would enable Pacifica to effect social justice. Also, as an activist on the forefront of this issue you could support my efforts in improving the quality of life and freedom of the disadvantaged.

It's things like this that make me question your sincerity. In my original post I outlined a path that would enable Pacifica to effect social justice. Also, as an activist on the forefront of this issue you could support my efforts in improving the quality of life and freedom of the disadvantaged.

Nothing will please this retard, Maelstrom. Nothing other than the complete ethnic cleansing of Pacifica.

All I see is a request we recognize our advantaged state and that we are "racist", no recommendation how how to change it.

Nothing will please this retard, Maelstrom. Nothing other than the complete ethnic cleansing of Pacifica.

We shall see.

It is time the New Pacific Order recognized and acknowledged their institutionally racist position of power and privilege within Planet Bob, educated their members on the crimes committed in the name of Pacifican "patriotism" - itself a thinly veiled moniker of Pacifican supremacism - and sought to further equality for all citizens of Planet Bob regardless of their alliance affiliation.

All I see is a request we recognize our advantaged state and that we are "racist", no recommendation how how to change it.

It is difficult to come to any "good faith" conclusion when the solution is literally right next to the part you obviously read. It's almost as if you were intentionally omitting information.

Of course not. It's called butthurt. There is no cure for butthurt, despite sciences latest achievements, even nations with the highest tech cannot seem to find a cure for butthurt. It's like cancer, only worse.

It is difficult to come to any "good faith" conclusion when the solution is literally right next to the part you obviously read. It's almost as if you were intentionally omitting information.

Well, my problem is that the request is vague. Do you have a proposal on how this might be done? In what way do they need "equalized"? Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Oh... Oh I see.... So what you're saying is that top alliances like NPO should seek to grow ALL nations on Bob, even their enemies potentially, just to treat your butthurt syndrome?

Sorry, yo... Alliances are created to serve their own members. Not YOUR members.

Edited by Fox Fire

Well, my problem is that the request is vague. Do you have a proposal on how this might be done? In what way do they need "equalized"?

Don't you dare patronize me like that. It's obvious you don't want a real solution to the problem.

Edited by Shokkou

Shhh Fox Fire, I'm actually curious about what Shokkou is talking about.

Don't you dare patronize me like that. It's obvious you don't want a real solution to the problem. Blocked.

Mhhmm... truth is you don't have an idea bout how to go about this do you? There is this little wiggling worm as a thought in the back of your mind that perhaps equalization might not actually be feasible. Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Mhhmm... truth is you don't have an idea bout how to go about this do you? There is this little wiggling worm as a thought in the back of your mind that perhaps equalization might not actually be feasible.

It would be feasible if those in positions of power and privilege were willing to acknowledge their position and use the advantages they've unjustly gained to improve the freedoms and quality of life of those less fortunate. I've been preparing to open a fund which would help build up the impoverished nations of Planet Bob, but my efforts were delayed as a result of the Doom War and subsequent rebuilding. Just another example of the ways in which the existing institutions keep the powerless down.

Edited by Shokkou

Why should we trust you with the funds intended for others? Do you know how many cut throat raiders there are in this world? How do we know you're not one of those warlords who just consume the food meant for their subjects? What makes you the strongest point of advocacy for the oppressed?

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Why should we trust you with the funds intended for others? Do you know how many cut throat raiders there are in this world? How do we know you're not one of those warlords who just consume the food meant for their subjects? What makes you the strongest point of advocacy for the oppressed?

Again with the bigoted deflections of responsibility. What right do you have to conflate an activist for social justice with a raider or a warlord? Have you forgotten that the one who sits on ill-gotten spoils is you? I don't have to prove my credentials to a privileged oppressor. Assumptions of bad faith, like the one you've just made, are a cowardly tactic of the powerful to give them an out instead of taking that first real step towards equality.

Mediocre digital art? Let's see what you got then... Impress me... Show me your superior art. Or would you be more impressed by hand drawn art? :P

Crown Princess? So you're the heir of Invicta? No wonder DS rolled you guys...

But you never answered my question. I asked:

Me? I'm a military officer, academy staff, artist, admissions staff and diplomat.

I put a lot of time into personally helping new nations 1x1 in both war and in growth, ensuring they know how to build and fight.

I spend a lot of time talking to other alliances, talking politics or friendly conversation, keeping IRON in everyones eye.

I judge whether new nations deserve IRON membership, or whether they deserve the curb.

I make splendid art for not just my alliance but people everywhere.

So again... What exactly do you do for your alliance other than retain a meaningless title?

So, nothing of note? Bunch of meaningless titles? Right. All good then. Nice to know that's what you do for your alliance. I'm sure they're absolutely ecstatic about the way you conduct yourself, what with the attempt to turn a reasonable discussion about the oppression of minority groups in the world into a purile "I'm more important" match with people who are more than happy to laugh back in your silly, screwed-up rage face.

See, people who are actually important, know they're important, and don't have to say anything about that. They just simply are. And they don't need validation from any Red sphere member. So no, I don't need to tell you anything more than what I have. My people will stand up for me, if they think you worthy of it. And given the terrible way you have treated Shokkou, and the unacceptable way you treat Invictan Royalty, I would not be surprised if they decided you didn't deserve another word.

But, alas, I would also be less than surprised if this attempt to get you to think before you post amounts to nothing~ That is what you do, isn't it?

Again with the bigoted deflections of responsibility. What right do you have to conflate an activist for social justice with a raider or a warlord? Have you forgotten that the one who sits on ill-gotten spoils is you? I don't have to prove my credentials to a privileged oppressor. Assumptions of bad faith, like the one you've just made, are a cowardly tactic of the powerful to give them an out instead of taking that first real step towards equality.

I tried to refrain but I can't....

All Maelstrom is asking, is for you to present some middle ground. And he has been more than modest about it. He has acknowledged your grievances as legitimate and is now asking for nothing more than some valid showing of your very own claims of virtue and honor.

What more can you ask of such a man? What are you trying to achieve?

You sit and demand yet show no sincerity in what you ask.

Compensation is something universal in politics. Consider it.

Sincerely, without disdain,

Fox

So, nothing of note? Bunch of meaningless titles? Right. All good then. Nice to know that's what you do for your alliance. I'm sure they're absolutely ecstatic about the way you conduct yourself, what with the attempt to turn a reasonable discussion about the oppression of minority groups in the world into a purile "I'm more important" match with people who are more than happy to laugh back in your silly, screwed-up rage face.

Actually, as you've just seen, they're laughing at you, and you're friend.... Don't take my word for it... Take any IRON members word who has posted in this thread. Specifically Shah, since he was a Council member and more knowledgeable about Bob and IRON than most people in my alliance.....

See, people who are actually important, know they're important, and don't have to say anything about that. They just simply are. And they don't need validation from any Red sphere member. So no, I don't need to tell you anything more than what I have. My people will stand up for me, if they think you worthy of it. And given the terrible way you have treated Shokkou, and the unacceptable way you treat Invictan Royalty, I would not be surprised if they decided you didn't deserve another word.

Good for you. I'm not important at all. I'm just a humble member of IRON with, admittedly, less experience than many people on Bob. But clearly more than you... And I don't say that out of disdain. I'm feeling pretty modest right now. I umm.... Really don't care what your alliance deems me worthy of, nor your position in said alliance. I asked you a question that you still won't answer.

I won't press you for it either, because I simply don't care.

*Bows*

I bid you good night/day your highness....

I tried to refrain but I can't....

All Maelstrom is asking, is for you to present some middle ground. And he has been more than modest about it. He has acknowledged your grievances as legitimate and is now asking for nothing more than some valid showing of your very own claims of virtue and honor.

Fox

Whether you realize this or not, this is another symptom of the systemic oppression of the disenfranchised. It leaves those who wish to work towards a solution in a perpetual state of having to prove themselves from which they cannot progress, thereby preventing any solution from being reached and allowing the privileged to enjoy their advantages without having to worry about such moral concerns. I can, and have, spoken out on behalf of those less fortunate but at some point words are no longer enough. At that point action must be taken, and it is not constructive in the least - indeed it is extremely destructive - to slam the gate on one who is trying to bring about that action. I cannot help further unless I am granted a platform with which to do it, but by this standard I cannot be granted such a platform until I have helped. It's like seeking an entry-level job that requires experience.

Actually, as you've just seen, they're laughing at you, and you're friend.... Don't take my word for it... Take any IRON members word who has posted in this thread. Specifically Shah, since he was a Council member and more knowledgeable about Bob and IRON than most people in my alliance.....

Good for you. I'm not important at all. I'm just a humble member of IRON with, admittedly, less experience than many people on Bob. But clearly more than you... And I don't say that out of disdain. I'm feeling pretty modest right now. I umm.... Really don't care what your alliance deems me worthy of, nor your position in said alliance. I asked you a question that you still won't answer.

I won't press you for it either, because I simply don't care.

*Bows*

I bid you good night/day your highness....

Good on you for bowing out of the discussion before things got silly. Don't forget to pick up your trilby (note, not a fedora) on the way out.

Shokkou, please continue.

perpetual state of having to prove themselves

Of course. Everyone should have to prove themselves. You ARE talking to a member of an alliance that IS a MERITOCRACY.

from which they cannot progress

Bullshit. I've progressed just fine. Other nations even younger and less experienced than me, I have personally watched progress beyond myself. This is utter BS.

thereby preventing any solution from being reached and allowing the privileged to enjoy their advantages without having to worry about such moral concerns.

This sounds like an internal problem in your own alliance. That's not Bobs problem.

I can, and have, spoken out on behalf of those less fortunate but at some point words are no longer enough.

Spare me. I spoke countless words and applied countless effort on behalf of Buckaroo13. In the end, he himself led to his own demise. His unwillingness to accept his own egotism killed him. Despite my most sincere efforts to defend him from literally all of Bob, he brought about his own fate. Some people cannot be helped, and some people do not even deserve such help.

At that point action must be taken

Then take action and quit crying?

I cannot help further unless I am granted a platform with which to do it, but by this standard I cannot be granted such a platform until I have helped. It's like seeking an entry-level job that requires experience.

Again, sounds like an internal issue. Not anyone elses fault if your alliance doesn't find you worthy.

If you want to rebel against NPO, then sure... Go ahead and literally repeat what Buckaroo13 did.... Ended well for him... In the end, Bob doesn't care about pre-Karma crap anymore. Times change, and so does the world. Pacifica itself lives by this idea. The idea of an ever changing world.

I'm trying to be sincere here now. Without all the insults and laughing. Try to do the same and lets take a step back:

Fox

I thought this was a gravedig. Can't believe nobody has posted this yet:

MQdHmuc.gif

Shokkou, try to catch me on IRC sometime. I have a long history with NPO, and they disbanded my alliance, but I was also their member... so you could say I know both sides of the issue. NPO leadership has made many dumb mistakes over the years but they aren't all bad.

A match made in heaven!