Unpacking the baggage: Power and privilege on Planet Bob

Shokkou

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahaha never change fox fire

You see, it's easy to dismiss the issue as no big deal and insist that there isn't really a problem but what we must realize is that one of the luxuries of being a member of a privileged group is that the benefits afforded to us often remain invisible to us. Working towards solutions requires that privileged alliances become aware of the ways in which they unconsciously benefit from racism.

You see, it's easy to dismiss the issue as no big deal and insist that there isn't really a problem but what we must realize is that one of the luxuries of being a member of a privileged group is that the benefits afforded to us often remain invisible to us. Working towards solutions requires that privileged alliances become aware of the ways in which they unconsciously benefit from racism.

What a revolutionary idea....

tumblr_ltvl46j5ut1qktqch.gif

Unfortunately your broken record trolling is pretty boring. Spice it up a bit, yo.

What a revolutionary idea....

tumblr_ltvl46j5ut1qktqch.gif

Unfortunately your broken record trolling is pretty boring. Spice it up a bit, yo.

Now we're trying to marginalize dissenting voices by writing them off as trolls? If you're going to project this strongly, please turn up the lights a bit. My eyes are getting a bit sore.

As for everyone else here, back to work. This bot hasn't achieved self awareness yet.

Now we're trying to marginalize dissenting voices by writing them off as trolls? If you're going to project this strongly, please turn up the lights a bit. My eyes are getting a bit sore.

As for everyone else here, back to work. This bot hasn't achieved self awareness yet.

Oh, so you're totally serious? In that case, bend over....

Oh, so you're totally serious? In that case, bend over....

You know where to find my nation. Feel free to stop by any time and further prove my point about how corrupt and averse to criticism you are.

Edited by Shokkou

I thought you had blocked fox fire?

You are mistaken sir. I have blocked no one because, unlike these shrieking homunculi, I do not fear open and candid discourse.

I'd have ignored Fox Fire by now if I didn't have a masochistic desire to see just how much worse their posting can get. It's all downhill from here.

It does raise questions when someone like that isn't quickly muzzled by their superiors. It's almost as if they're profiting off of his harassment... Edited by Shokkou

If you still have the hot tub time machine, OP, I'd like to go back to 2007 and make a few minor tweaks.   <_<

I find it fascinating how people still think that NPO had/has any power that we, meaning people that weren't/aren't members of NPO, didn't/don't give them.  NPO without lots of willing accomplices isn't even a thing anymore.

If you still have the hot tub time machine, OP, I'd like to go back to 2007 and make a few minor tweaks.   <_<

I find it fascinating how people still think that NPO had/has any power that we, meaning people that weren't/aren't members of NPO, didn't/don't give them.  NPO without lots of willing accomplices isn't even a thing anymore.

There's basically no alliance that has any kind of power that doesn't rely on relationships with others. I don't think we could find a single alliance in the last six or seven years which has been both significantly powerful and isolated.

It is only for the patronage of Pacifica and its long time puppets such as IRON that DBDC has been allowed to run rampant through Planet Bob. DBDC is merely a symptom of the wider problem which plagues Planet Bob.

In recent times, Polaris has done good work in dismantling the institutions of Pacifican oppression. Much work remains to be done however.

Seriously though, can we go back to this for a second?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

I thought you had blocked fox fire?

Only about 20 times.

I'd have ignored Fox Fire by now if I didn't have a masochistic desire to see just how much worse their posting can get. It's all downhill from here.

Don't tempt me.

It does raise questions when someone like that isn't quickly muzzled by their superiors. It's almost as if they're profiting off of his harassment...

What harassment? I am merely defending the privileged bourgeois from Invicta persecution. 

And seeing how long it will take you to stop responding

It's never been a thing throughout history for anyone to have power without support. The thing is that, over time, tacit support for their bigoted power has become normalized. As a new generation comes up living under the institutionalized racism of the past, they are indoctrinated to see it as just the way things are.

Only about 20 times.

Don't tempt me.

What harassment? I am merely defending the privileged bourgeois from Invicta persecution. 

And seeing how long it will take you to stop responding

As I said before, this is incorrect. I have not and would not block anyone. Unlike you, I'm not afraid to have my positions challenged. Debate can only shed light on the validity of my claims.

The harassment I refer to is your constant deflection, projection, and personal attacks rather than addressing the issues I've presented. You insist on maintaining this verbal barrage in the hopes of silencing me and turning eyes away from this call to action against your privilege.

I, for one, dare anybody to disagree with section 27, subsection 16, of article A, line 12.  Clearly that is the most important statement in the OP and shame on the rest of you for dismissing it.

Every part of my statements has an important place in moving our society forward. I appreciate your support, but we must look at things as a whole and avoid tunnel vision if we are to repair the damage done.

It's not like you're much better than Fox Fire. It's just that I haven't seen you call rape a "fun" event.

There is nothing fun about the culture of rape inherent in the institutions of the privileged.

You don't enjoy the plunders of war?

Do you think that shamelessly flaunting your debauchery and decadence will make people laugh off your crimes as a joke? Every time I think you've hit the bottom with your flippantly disgusting attitude, you pull out some new excavation hardware and manage to dig yourself further down.

Down with the Pacificarchy!

You sir are a true ally. If you'd like, I can give you a heads up when my equality fund "Economics Equitably" is ready to be established. We will tear down the Pacificarchy and put power back in the hands of the victims.

As I said before, this is incorrect. I have not and would not block anyone. Unlike you, I'm not afraid to have my positions challenged. Debate can only shed light on the validity of my claims.

The harassment I refer to is your constant deflection, projection, and personal attacks rather than addressing the issues I've presented. You insist on maintaining this verbal barrage in the hopes of silencing me and turning eyes away from this call to action against your privilege.

2010 is not an issue in 2015.

Do you think that shamelessly flaunting your debauchery and decadence will make people laugh off your crimes as a joke? Every time I think you've hit the bottom with your flippantly disgusting attitude, you pull out some new excavation hardware and manage to dig yourself further down.

Well I enjoy the plunders of war at least. I hope you stop me and punish me for my evil deeds soon. If you don't, who will? :O

2010 is not an issue in 2015.

Well I enjoy the plunders of war at least. I hope you stop me and punish me for my evil deeds soon. If you don't, who will? :o

There is no statute of limitations on plundering. If a society has built itself on looted wealth, future generations still carry the responsibility to clean up the mess their forebears left for them if the injustice was never properly rectified.

A revolution is impossible without a revolutionary situation.

(OOC: y71O0gN.jpg)