CNRP2 OOC Thread

Uberstein

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rudolph and the OPS FHIC & Jade(Mara?) were, in my opinion, tolerant of bullshit in the channel today to a fault. There's no doubt in my mind that any other sane person would have banned you many times over. Can't you just let it rest? And the out-of-context log snippets aren't helping anyone out, either.

Rotavele come and use the other cnrp2 channel. If you need its name I will PM it to you but if you use the other and some devoices/kicks/bans you I will quite simply ban them myself. Clearly Rudy needs to lose ops as do a few others but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Thank you and I'll bring some friends with me :D

I would like to raise an issue that I think we all should address: do people retain their nations' stats if they get decimated in an IG war?

Like, if you're a 100k NS nation with high tech and infra, and you get involved in a devastating war (or get ZI'ed) that whittles your nation down to, like, 25k NS, do you retain your previous stats? Like, can you maintain 750k+ troops even if you have like 3k infra IG?*

If you'd like, I can create a new thread about this for further discussion.

*I'm aware that people can rebuild after a war, but there may be cases that they're unable to rebuild due to their warchests being depleted or something.

Edited by JEDCJT

I would like to raise an issue that I think we all should address: do people retain their nations' stats if they get decimated in an IG war?

Like, if you're a 100k NS nation with high tech and infra, and you get involved in a devastating war (or get ZI'ed) that whittles your nation down to, like, 25k NS, do you retain your previous stats? Like, can you maintain 750k+ troops even if you have like 3k infra IG?*

If you'd like, I can create a new thread about this for further discussion.

*I'm aware that people can rebuild after a war, but there may be cases that they're unable to rebuild due to their warchests being depleted or something.

Alright, I'm going to reiterate what I said previously.

It doesn't make any sense whatsoever for reduced stats from an In Game conflict to reflect on an RP nation. Troops aren't just going to die off for no reason, Ships don't just blow up, and nations don't hit sudden and massively sharp downturns with no warning. There's far more potential for abuse if your in game stats reflect even after a collapse than if they don't, which seems to be a prevailing concern for some unexplained reason.

True, none of those things simply disappear for no reason. However, a counter. Make a story out of it. I hate to toot my own horn, but [post='2629319']this post[/post] and [topic='98547']this topic[/topic] are perfect examples of how to make a story out of an IG attack. Nobody hit me because of what I did IC (to my knowledge given it was several years ago) but myself, Shammy, Nutmeg, iKrolm and Triyun all made an interesting story and RP out of it. I rebuilt later, much weaker, and even got involved in another IC war soon after. These both are examples of just one thing you can do when you get attacked IG, and I bet any good writer can come up with more.

After the debacle that saved stats created in CNRP, I certainly don't wish to see it return in CNRP2. At the same time, we are breaking new ground with how we're dealing with 50k+ nations, so I feel that we certainly could have a proper discussion of the issue once the 50k+ vote is done.

Easy way to handle it: If your IG nation remains at a certain level for x period of time (two weeks, a month, whatever) that becomes the new stat base of your RP nation. You can play it however you want to explain why it rises or falls. Only real exception I'd suggest is that this not be in effect during alliance warfare, due to the prolonged nature of such conflicts.

Just as a notice: I have in every asian country I RPed up to now, used East Asian name order. And I'll continue using it. This means, the surname comes first, given name afterwards. Stop talking about or to my people as if they're your close family.

So, as an example, President Huang Lingyin has Huang (凰) as her surname and Lingyin (鈴音) as a given name. Her current successor Yao Liangying has the surname Yao (姚) and the given name Liangying (靓颖).

Similarly, my Japanese characters follow the same scheme. For example, Nakamichi Minoru is named Nakamichi (仲道) in the surname, Minoru (実) as his given name. Date Seiranko was named Date (伊達) in the surname, Seiranko (清蘭子) as a given name.

Thank you for your attention.

I'm not even saying this to be dramatic, but if my in-game nation stats are going to drag down my RP stats as soon as I actually get to do war, I don't see much point in investing myself in this RP to any serious degree. I'm not going to join a neutral alliance and forsake my position in NSO for CNRP2, and I don't see any point in randomly throwing all of my RP away because someone decided to rogue me or start a global war. It's great that most of you are in neutrals and so therefore never have to war and can just pump up your stats eternally so you can be powerful in CNRP2, but it's no wonder this community is so small in comparison to the rest of the game when you more or less have rules that preclude most of the game from even bothering to play.

I regularly get dropped down to 5k ns every war and still try to RP, just RP out something chaotic happening to your nation and then slowly take the stuff you lost back as you rebuild.

I regularly get dropped down to 5k ns every war and still try to RP, just RP out something chaotic happening to your nation and then slowly take the stuff you lost back as you rebuild.

Why should I be forced to RP a total collapse 1-2 times a year when we can just be reasonable about it? I'd be more than willing to freeze my stats here, or even as I have been, lowering them a bit from what I'm allowed just so I can keep them steady and not have to change my naval makeup every time I buy tech. I especially don't want to be in the middle of a war with someone and then "oh sorry, my entire army is gone now because I lost my infra, well that was sure fun wasn't it?"

Hereno, I'm not asking you to join a neutral alliance. I don't really care what you do. What alliance you join is your business, and I for one don't intend to force you to join another alliance to keep your RP nation alive.

That being said, I think the only way I can support "saved" stats is if the nation with saved stats is kept under watch by the GMs to prevent abuse...what that entails, I don't really know.

Yeah, I'm saying this now. I will refuse to be the curator of your stats. You all want saved stats, you all figure out how to create a system that doesn't require me to do any work other than cursing at people in IRC when they get caught cheating.

Got it?

You all do all the work.

I do all the cussing.

Carry on.

As a friendly note, due to a combination of classes and addicting video games, I will be marginally less active than I usually am on the RP and IRC. However, I will still make sure to check the forum for PM's at least once a day, and receive notifications on my phone if PM's happen, so I will still be able to conduct GM business in full capacity.

I'll get posts into the three diplomatic threads (Hungary, I still need to start yours) by Saturday.

What follows is a one time decision.. not established policy and should not be taken as a precedent of any sort...

Freidonia has not posted since they posted their DoE. In order to allow Pongoz onto the map, Freidonia is wiped. That being said, the community needs to have a discussion on what sort of inactivity rules are to be used. 

Every situation is different, this situation should not be compared to others. 

Keep it simple.

And no, the GMs are not going to pm people reminders, so don't even suggest it.