OcUK DOW on GOONS

I made the offer to OcUK to come to us whenever they decided they were ready for peace. And guess what? They took me up on that. We've fought similarly built nations before, and certainly more of them, in various rogue attacks and micro retaliations in the past. Had OcUK started demanding reparations of their own or if they had taken a ridiculous position I would have handled this in a much different manner just like if I had been unreasonable from the start OcUK and GOONS would still be at war come August. But since we were able to approach this with level heads and without all the vitriol that is common among people who are quick to jump to conclusions without any knowledge of what it is they're talking about, we settled it amicably. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys normally dealt with wars like this, I think it would be the right way to do things. Although when you guys treat wars very different when you're fighting an alliance without OcuK military capacity or have your allies involved, then when you do this it stands out.

Most alliances normally try to ends wars in a friendly manner and try fixing their mistakes. so I don't think you guys are doing anything wrong here. Although this seemed more like an infra saving move than a sign GOONS are changing. If I see you guys being more civil and friendly with your opponents as the trend rather than the exception, then I would approve. However you guys can't play it both ways of saying you always ask for reps when fighting an easier war, but try peacing out when the war has barely begun if fighting an alliance who can do a lot of damage.

So I'll admit I'm giving you guys a hard time due to your history and you guys are making the smart decision here.

I'll not speak for GOONS as it is not my place but will express an opinion as I am involved.

Firstly in relative terms OcUK could not have done a lot of damage in the military sense to GOONS. What we can do and have a known history for is being an absolute pain in the ass for an extended period of time. You only need to look at the history of our war with RoK to see this.

An alliance leader needs to be pragmatic in decisions with regards to war and peace, it is my view that GOONS demonstrated strong and pragmatic leadership in the terms that were offered to allow this war to end quickly.

Each case needs to be assessed on its own merits.

If you guys normally dealt with wars like this, I think it would be the right way to do things. Although when you guys treat wars very different when you're fighting an alliance without OcuK military capacity or have your allies involved, then when you do this it stands out.

Most alliances normally try to ends wars in a friendly manner and try fixing their mistakes. so I don't think you guys are doing anything wrong here. Although this seemed more like an infra saving move than a sign GOONS are changing. If I see you guys being more civil and friendly with your opponents as the trend rather than the exception, then I would approve. However you guys can't play it both ways of saying you always ask for reps when fighting an easier war, but try peacing out when the war has barely begun if fighting an alliance who can do a lot of damage.

So I'll admit I'm giving you guys a hard time due to your history and you guys are making the smart decision here.

Ahhh Mr Methrage It is I Ubuntu the Great. Must I remind you that Zulu and DoomBird DoomCave are still officially at a state of war as of I have never received any reparation after I won the war. Please do not force me to renew hostilities. I do not want to destroy you any more since I am a most forgiving personage.

If Methrage wouldn't get his panties twisted every time something goons related popped up and spout nonsense all over the forum like he knew a damn thing about the subject he was spewing word salad on, this would have gone 2 pages max.

A!as.....

Methrage, pro tip. Go away. No one cares.

Edited by KenMorningstar

If Methrage wouldn't get his panties twisted every time something goons related popped up and spout nonsense all over the forum like he knew a damn thing about the subject he was spewing word salad on, this would have gone 2 pages max.

I want no part of this, don't drag me into it.  :v:

Well if I remember correctly, and being that a few years have passed I wouldn't bet on it, wasn't Ragnarok trying to get OcUK to pay them reparations as a term for peace?

There were no reps asked. All in all a very entertaining episode that.

Well if I remember correctly, and being that a few years have passed I wouldn't bet on it, wasn't Ragnarok trying to get OcUK to pay them reparations as a term for peace?

The exact term for peace was simply to surrender. Since "by charter" OcUK does not surrender, the war continued for a number of months. At one point NpO attempted to mediate peace, but OcUK frustrated every attempt. Your approach on this worked well in that you offered simple white peace and avoided a whole lot of pointless conflict.

GOONS act like dicks: "omg you guys are so horrible gonos for wae"

GOONS do something half-decent: "omg goons ur not really changing ur just getting beat up and want peace"

Never change, Bob. :|

Oh make no mistake, GOONS is still out there raiding non-aligned nations and nations in small alliances that have no protectorate agreement.  That raiding affects nation retention worldwide.

This one however they got right, so credit where credit is do.

Feel better?

Edited by ChairmanHal

GOONS act like dicks: "omg you guys are so horrible gonos for wae"

GOONS do something half-decent: "omg goons ur not really changing ur just getting beat up and want peace"

Never change, Bob. :|

If their evil actions continue in the shadows, then sorry I'm not drinking the "reform" Kool-Aid.

Oh make no mistake, GOONS is still out there raiding non-aligned nations and nations in small alliances that have no protectorate agreement.  That raiding affects nation retention worldwide.

This one however they got right, so credit where credit is do.

Feel better?

If their evil actions continue in the shadows, then sorry I'm not drinking the "reform" Kool-Aid.

Lets not interpret my post as "Hey, GOONS aren't that bad!"

I just think it's wise to save the shitting on people for when they do something shit-onable.

Looks to me like GOONS were taking a beating and realized their allies didn't want to get dragged down in their messes, so now they are acting nice in hopes of this not ending in what looks like an epic defeat for them as a micro brings them to their knees. Or did GOONS already surrender?

You sure like to spout crap like usual but never evidence, do you have any evidence as to whom is actually going to be dragged down? in what way exactly? when would this dragging occur?? What do you know about the relationship goos even have with their allies? what do you actually know as to the current relationship between ocUK and goons? have you seen the debates between both alliances in this matter?  Do you enjoy being full of shit all the time? 

You sure like to spout crap like usual but never evidence, do you have any evidence as to whom is actually going to be dragged down? in what way exactly? when would this dragging occur?? What do you know about the relationship goos even have with their allies? what do you actually know as to the current relationship between ocUK and goons? have you seen the debates between both alliances in this matter?  Do you enjoy being full of !@#$ all the time? 

You are right to challenge those that speak without knowing, some may have had a different experience with GOONS than I, but I speak as I find.

The facts are quite simple here, there was an unprovoked war on OcUK, there was retaliation against GOONS in defence. The defenders were engaged by GOONS. The GOONS response was measured and limited. The terms for peace that I required would have proved difficult for some that I have experienced in the past to countenance. 

The conversations that occurred in back channels between GOONS and I will remain as far as I am concerned private, as they should. However I will state that such conversations were civil, productive and concluded in good humour.

As for any relationship now between OcUK and GOONS, speaking as a seasoned diplomat, who was once several years ago semi-important on this world, there are some fundamental differences in our philosophies that would negate any sort of close relationship. But I walk away from this conflict with respect for the GOONS leadership I spoke to and the GOONs nations that were engaged in the war.

A!as.....

Methrage, pro tip. Go away. No one cares.

Its not my fault whenever I comment in a thread it goes on several more pages. Also I didn't comment until page 5, so your theory of me causing it to go past 2 pages is way off.

Edited by Methrage

Technically NADC never withdrew? http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/BLEU

I thought NADC was attacked by BLEU back in 2008 (I had just joing NpO from NADC at the time).  Did NADC join before or after that:  http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/BLEU-NADC_War.