Clerical Notice and Official Declaration of War

Mogar

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will give you respect where respect is due, you have a great ability to grasp at straws where there are none. But you do it well, so please continue, you do have a good thing going for you, and you have a lot of talent and potential. Hopefully you will go places.

Such colorful language. 

That was quite a jump from what he said to what you read, Spartan.

A wee late to the party are we not, Rayvon? I refer you to the previous debacle I had with Lysergide for a detailed explanation backing my presumed post. It is so nice to make the acquaintance of new players round-a-bout the forum. Have a fantastic day.

A wee late to the party are we not, Rayvon? I refer you to the previous debacle I had with Lysergide for a detailed explanation backing my presumed post. It is so nice to make the acquaintance of new players round-a-bout the forum. Have a fantastic day.

The only debacle here is your posting. As for your exchange with Lysergide, it has nothing to do with explaining the leap in what Hereno said to what you apparently read; from 'dreadful they made an appearance' to mean 'they're bursting at the seams with unsavory players' .. It's quite an acrobatic leap. Granted not the biggest leap I've seen in my short 8 years here as a new player.

Edited by Rayvon

The only debacle here is your posting. As for your exchange with Lysergide, it has nothing to do with explaining the leap in what Hereno said to what you apparently read; from 'dreadful they made an appearance' to mean 'they're bursting at the seams with unsavory players' .. It's quite an acrobatic leap. Granted not the biggest leap I've seen in my short 8 years here as a new player.

You have spent an amazing 8 years enjoying the rad gamut of all that the Cyber Nations game has to forfeit; so it is no surprise that you have acquired a taste for even the rattiest of arguments. A player that can succor such a protracted delight is my definition of an earnest veteran participator. I would have come to expect nothing less from a player of your age, Rayvon. You've learned how to debate well and to misconstrue the sheer fact of observation, and I respect that immensely. That does not change my resolve on the topic of discussion what-so-ever.

The debate Lysergide and myself had was in-relation to the reckless commentary made by Hereno that shone a negative light on the Nordreich [alliance] constituency. The fuss was over whether or not Herneo meant to imply that those goodly fellas were in-fact unruly enough to garnish such libel, or rather that he [Hereno] had unjustly posted a rude comment by association, reflecting on the caricature of Nordreich. Key to this sham was the underlying interpretation of the connection of the offender to the injured group at hand. My alibi for attempting to defame Hereno was clearly in defiance  of the quoted suggestion he had made beforehand. Leysergide, right-by-you, misinterpreted my post due to a supposed implication: he thought that Hereno actually didn't mean to insult the legacy or goodwill of Nordreich, but to instead attempt something else. 

Hereno's slanderous  remark  is starkly evident:

We're at war with each other?

Huh.

In other news, you managed to get Nordreich to make an appearance. How dreadful.

In the context and situation all that one would be required to understand is the relationship of the offender and the offended, and  that is dreadfully clear too. Hereno obviously must have some misgivings when confronted by the membership of the Nordreich, or why else instigate such a bogus slight against them? What could motivate a normal player to write disparagingly against a bunch of players that they personally did not know? What benefit is yielded in attacking someone at random? Given the message shared by Hereno, he must have a committed history of past drama with the alliance in question. Any other cause would appear foppish and inadequate in the opinions of any esteemed player whose own credentials would not allow him a rough result.

Lysergide introduced the main point of reiteration for the whole silly tosser perfectly, though somewhat monotonously: 

I don't think he made any such implication, especially the one you have proposed that he made.

An Implication:  the conclusion that can be drawn from something, although it is not explicitly stated. The big shebang was focused on the person who said the statement and also the way in-which he said it, and although Hereno never explicitly said so, the process of elimination used provided a line-of-thought to support such a a conclusion to his accusations. That's the magic of [literary] deviation and analysis.  Had Hereno never posted the unruly comment, would wouldn't even be debating such a minute issue. Such is the error of the Cyber Nations game to extract pleasure from an unimportant thread like this one.

Edited by Malkavian

Alright, I never thought I'd be defending the modern day fake Sith of NSO, but you realize that NSO and NoR are allied, and that NoR engaged in this war unnecessarily on behalf of NSO. Why Hereno would actually publicly attack them is beyond me. Of course, playing as a Spartan while using the NPO forum pip doesn't make much sense either.

I highly recommend researching the political situation thoroughly before commenting, someone with such an educated vocabulary should understand this.

Welcome to Cyber Nations: if you don't play the game intending to be some bohemian inter-communal icon, you've misunderstood the entire point of the game.

I would call your attempted character more a Renaissance persona with a laywer mentality trying to grasp on a single concent that someone has said and blow it exponentially out of proportion.

Such colorful language. 

Thank you, I am to please.

You have spent an amazing 8 years enjoying the rad gamut of all that the Cyber Nations game has to forfeit; so it is no surprise that you have acquired a taste for even the rattiest of arguments. A player that can succor such a protracted delight is my definition of an earnest veteran participator. I would have come to expect nothing less from a player of your age, Rayvon. You've learned how to debate well and to misconstrue the sheer fact of observation, and I respect that immensely. That does not change my resolve on the topic of discussion what-so-ever.

The debate Lysergide and myself had was in-relation to the reckless commentary made by Hereno that shone a negative light on the Nordreich [alliance] constituency. The fuss was over whether or not Herneo meant to imply that those goodly fellas were in-fact unruly enough to garnish such libel, or rather that he [Hereno] had unjustly posted a rude comment by association, reflecting on the caricature of Nordreich. Key to this sham was the underlying interpretation of the connection of the offender to the injured group at hand. My alibi for attempting to defame Hereno was clearly in defiance  of the quoted suggestion he had made beforehand. Leysergide, right-by-you, misinterpreted my post due to a supposed implication: he thought that Hereno actually didn't mean to insult the legacy or goodwill of Nordreich, but to instead attempt something else. 

Hereno's slanderous  remark  is starkly evident:

In the context and situation all that one would be required to understand is the relationship of the offender and the offended, and  that is dreadfully clear too. Hereno obviously must have some misgivings when confronted by the membership of the Nordreich, or why else instigate such a bogus slight against them? What could motivate a normal player to write disparagingly against a bunch of players that they personally did not know? What benefit is yielded in attacking someone at random? Given the message shared by Hereno, he must have a committed history of past drama with the alliance in question. Any other cause would appear foppish and inadequate in the opinions of any esteemed player whose own credentials would not allow him a rough result.

Lysergide introduced the main point of reiteration for the whole silly tosser perfectly, though somewhat monotonously: 

An Implication:  the conclusion that can be drawn from something, although it is not explicitly stated. The big shebang was focused on the person who said the statement and also the way in-which he said it, and although Hereno never explicitly said so, the process of elimination used provided a line-of-thought to support such a a conclusion to his accusations. That's the magic of [literary] deviation and analysis.  Had Hereno never posted the unruly comment, would wouldn't even be debating such a minute issue. Such is the error of the Cyber Nations game to extract pleasure from a unimportant thread like this one.

I wouldn't call what we had was a debate. It was more me pointing out the failacy of your attempted circular logic. Of course it is a well known fact that he dislikes Nordreich, and if he had wanted to bad mouth Nordreich, he would have said quite a bit more, he isn't known for beating around the bush by making statements which are meant to mean more than was stated.

Alright, I never thought I'd be defending the modern day fake Sith of NSO, but you realize that NSO and NoR are allied, and that NoR engaged in this war unnecessarily on behalf of NSO. Why Hereno would actually publicly attack them is beyond me. Of course, playing as a Spartan while using the NPO forum pip doesn't make much sense either.

I highly recommend researching the political situation thoroughly before commenting, someone with such an educated vocabulary should understand this.

I applaud you for you effort in the defense of your comrade, but that does not help to cleanse this muddled chat of its definite purpose, Tywin Lannister. Rayvon and I spoke quite pellucid in relation to the topic of disagreement. The squabble we had pertained to the fact that Herneo posted an unscrupulous reference to the guys over at the Nordreich alliance. I tend to find something in-common or in agreement with those men and women more often then one would suspect and therefore I quickly came to the aide-in-defense of that great bunch. I do understand that my trouble with Rayvon is a tad excessive at this point, but I would really appreciate it if you would try to grasp the situation legalistically (i.e. literally in this argument)  before making an uninformed assumption about the center of discussion. It is not a personal preference of mine to be rude to those I find malleable like you, Twin Lannister, although thoroughly reading the material [we're] talking around is regularly the most pertinent step besides advantageously replying to something you yourself have show small mindedness over.

As for my education and choice of diction nothing is remotely special; I use standard [American] English vernacular at a 'college level' when typing and writing essays, posts and all that jazz. You probably find me to be such an "intellectual" because I care enough to apply the use of proper online etiquette (proper grammar, punctuation, correct syntax sentence structure, etc). There are plenty of other players on the forum here to be able to comfortably follow these regulations courteously enough but I am the lone blogger who gives heed to the opinions of the membership whilst typing abroad. I'm surely far from being perfect in every single thread in-which I post in. 

Where the New Pacific Order pip comes into reason is mere satire and mild humor, that's all, Tywin Lannister. My alliance [Sparta] is engaged in a months-long front against them and I thought it a nice way to lighten the mood and tension across the rank-and-file of my Spartan friends. Understandable? If you wish for me to come and speak with you in private or to anyone else you find interesting please contact me and I will hurriedly report to the scene of meeting.

Edited by Malkavian

I would call your attempted character more a Renaissance persona with a laywer mentality trying to grasp on a single concent that someone has said and blow it exponentially out of proportion.

Thank you, I am to please.

I wouldn't call what we had was a debate. It was more me pointing out the failacy of your attempted circular logic. Of course it is a well known fact that he dislikes Nordreich, and if he had wanted to bad mouth Nordreich, he would have said quite a bit more, he isn't known for beating around the bush by making statements which are meant to mean more than was stated.

You're right, what we had ourselves was more likened to a good ole powwow, but there was nothing illogical concerning my proposed inclination of the chat we had ourselves. You said that Hereno is open in his criticisms of Nordreich: perchance he made an assumption or rather denoted an alleged character of the group down the road also. What fallacy of fancy shall inhibit  my better judgement from accepting his words as weighty with acrimonious speech? You aside that he is typically forthright in the pattern of his writing, but what is to say that he forgo every opportunity to exact some mischievous prank of anyway during anytime [and place]?  Tell me that you do not put faith in the notion that Hereno would never allude to quip his discord in revision of an extensive lambaste while focusing on Nordreich, Lysergide. Adjust yourself to no excuse that you may [comfortably] believe otherwise; he wrote by unkempt witticism and nothing short thereof, comrade Lysergide. 

He knew that whenever he wrote germane of Nordreich (whatever that post may contain), that he himself would be scrutinized for it, and to imply against this grave conviction is the true fallacy of the [literary] exchange between us. How can you state in his favor? How can you stand for him? 

Edited by Malkavian

As for my education and choice of diction nothing is remotely special; I use standard [American] English vernacular at a 'college level' when typing and writing essays, posts and all that jazz. You probably find me to be such an "intellectual" because I care enough to apply the use of proper online etiquette (proper grammar, punctuation, correct syntax sentence structure, etc).

Here, let me proofread that for you to make it more concise:

My education and speech is not special, I use standard English at the college level. You consider me an "intellectual" because I apply proper grammar etiquette.

See how much typing was saved to convey the same message? Inflated diction is not intellectual, it is boring.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

Here, let me proofread that for you to make it more concise:

My education and speech is not special, I use standard English at the college level. You consider me an "intellectual" because I apply proper grammar etiquette.

See how much typing was saved to convey the same message? Inflated diction is not intellectual, it is boring.

A bit of both actually.

[ooc]Not really, I went to college many years ago and wrote the exact same way you do to meet the professors multi-page essay requirements, fortunately the Army knocked that nonsense out of my head and encouraged me to write more concisely.[/ooc]

It's absolutely not within your best interest to ignore the vast sea that is the common word-bank. I'm only using the first [esp. dormant] ten-thousand most common words in usage by the plurality of American college educated undergraduates. My knowledge of the a-mass of words in the English language is actually much larger, passively speaking, then a measly ten-thousand at best. 

Edited by Malkavian

Not really, since I've called myself the "Kanye West" of this world. I'm just helping someone otherwise intelligent drop collegiate nonsense habits.

Would you take this advice if it was offered to you in this venue, or are you just grand standing?

It's absolutely not within your best interest to ignore the vast sea that is the common word-bank. I'm only using the first [esp. dormant] ten-thousand most common words in usage by the plurality of American college educated undergraduates. My knowledge of the a-mass of words in the English language is actually much larger, passively speaking, then a measly ten-thousand at best. 

Well, in my opinion it's most important to effectively craft your language around your target audience rather than follow any set defined linguistic principles. Language is a very powerful tool in eliciting the reactions you want if used carefully.

Would you take this advice if it was offered to you in this venue, or are you just grand standing?

I'd probably tell them they ain't got the answers.