i would like to offer peace talks for woto

Mister black

I was asked where I got the numbers for 9%. I got if from going here - http://www.cybernations.net/about_topics.asp#National_Peace/War_Preference
and then doing the maths on an average nation with 12,000 infra.
Where did you get the 50% number from?

Sentence after that says there's an Additional economic penalty and doesn't specify what it is, but after 5 days 50% income reduction sets in. I'm not 100% on the exact number, but it sounds about right from what I recall.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had discussions with Legion and Sparta government (those are the logs I can easily find to confirm) in mid-December, where we were told that the only reason there were no peace talks was because you all needed to get a consensus about the peace terms you were going to offer were.

Oh, so now NPO's party line has rotated away from the delay being entirely TOP's fault.

Oh, so now NPO's party line has rotated away from the delay being entirely TOP's fault.

I have a high enough regard for TOP to believe that if they wanted to delay peace just for the sake of delaying it, they would just say "we haven't fought enough, come back later", rather than going through some more roundabout attempt.

This is cute, because our government has never said that it was entirely TOP's fault. We don't have the information to know which of the Gang of Eight, or, potentially, any other members of the Optional Aggression Coalition, have pushed this strategy. Whoever said our party line was that it was TOP's fault is clearly not speaking for the Emperor or his Officers. We're not discriminating with who we're blaming for this - all of the Gang of Eight has spoken as one in refusing to deal with us, namely through its appointed spokesperson in Dajobo. But please, keep putting words into our leadership's mouths. Just because some of our members blame TOP alone does not mean that's the "party line." Despite what you may think, Pacificans often do have differences of opinions on world events. Just because some of our members might blame TOP alone, we certainly do not.

EDIT: Also, what Letum said. Edited by Krzyzewskiville

I would also like to offer to mediate peace talks.

My standard fee structure is 100 tech for every 15 minutes spent mediating peace talks, plus a flat fee of 10% for any tech reparations demanded and accepted. I take kickbacks of 50% of the tech reparations saved to the losing alliance in trying to negotiate a better deal for them.

You know where to find me.

PS. I require an upfront payment of 100 tech.

Edited by Starcraftmazter

I would also like to offer to mediate peace talks.

My standard fee structure is 100 tech for every 15 minutes spent mediating peace talks, plus a flat fee of 10% for any tech reparations demanded and accepted. I take kickbacks of 50% of the tech reparations saved to the losing alliance in trying to negotiate a better deal for them.

You know where to find me.

PS. I require an upfront payment of 100 tech.

Sadly it looks like mediation has failed and the individual parties will be preparing their separate suits against one another.

We wanted cooperation to work, but you guys insisted on having the kids for more than one weekend every two weeks and that just wasn't cutting it for us. Now we're coming for complete custody, you better be ready.

"So, first you insist that my description was inaccurate because he wasn't staggered." No I didn't insist or mention that at all, I imagine that was your assumption though.
Your idea of late is different than mine.
I wonder if an alliance exited a war after 21 days and the global war was to last 64 days, would that be an early exit or a late exit.

Seriously... If an alliance exited the war 1/3rd of the way through, that is an early exit. If an alliance enters the war 1/3rd of the way through that is a late entry. I hope to admin that you are being intentionally this obtuse because otherwise...

Sadly it looks like mediation has failed and the individual parties will be preparing their separate suits against one another.

We wanted cooperation to work, but you guys insisted on having the kids for more than one weekend every two weeks and that just wasn't cutting it for us. Now we're coming for complete custody, you better be ready.

Can't we just all be together again? It'll be better for the kids too. We can rekindle the love.

Seriously... If an alliance exited the war 1/3rd of the way through, that is an early exit. If an alliance enters the war 1/3rd of the way through that is a late entry. I hope to admin that you are being intentionally this obtuse because otherwise...

Finish the thought, you can't leave me hanging like that.

If you want permawar on NPO, just say it.  It'll make this process go a lot easier.  I don't understand why you guys are so scared of saying you don't want to offer NPO terms yet.  What are you afraid of?

Can't we just all be together again? It'll be better for the kids too. We can rekindle the love.

We can try... I just don't feel it anymore though. Maybe a nice relaxing weekend visiting the vineyards. If that doesn't work, nothing will?

If you want permawar on NPO, just say it.  It'll make this process go a lot easier.  I don't understand why you guys are so scared of saying you don't want to offer NPO terms yet.  What are you afraid of?

What? I'm not sure how your comments relate to my quoted post, which was a continuation of the joke SCM made earlier. Letum got it, and I assume most others did too.  :mellow:

And no, I don't want permanent war on NPO. Even if I did, 1) that would be political suicide and impossible to implement without a Rämlins style collapse, and 2) I'm nowhere near high enough on the food chain to make those kinds of decisions. You're barking up the wrong tree around here, pal.

(n.b. I'm not afraid of anything, at least not anything you could attempt to leverage against me, my alliance, or my allies. You're like a bad horror movie that takes itself too seriously: you may think you're frightening, but the only reaction you're creating in your audience is one of laughter. But please, carry on.)

You're like a bad horror movie that takes itself too seriously: you may think you're frightening, but the only reaction you're creating in your audience is one of laughter. But please, carry on.)

I'm pretty sure Steve Buscemi is going to inspire a character I'm writing in my book.