Do you want the TE alliance feature in SE?

admin

Do you want the TE alliance system in SE?  

404 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok at this point it looks like the community supports this change by about 2 to 1. Unless a major vote turnout comes in and changes things, this update is going to happen.

The biggest concern seems to be how it is implemented. I've realized that in order to do this alliances will need to be migrated (nothing gets reset). I've got all the data for alliances in the game database, but what I don't have are alliance leaders. I've replied to a PM from EgoFreaky about this but I'm going to go ahead and put my response to him out here, in case someone can assist further with this effort.

If I could get the alliance leaders for each alliance then we *should* be able to do this without resetting anything.

Awesome. I'm glad we're finally getting some new features. Thanks admin

This is clearly a win for most alliances, since we'll have better control of membership, ghosts are effectively written out of the game, etc, I think what most people are up in arms about is the transition process itself,not the feature.

I do wonder how the various alliances out there will deal with their applicant AAs once this system is introduced.

Pretty simple really.  Either you appoint an IA person to head your applicant AA or create something along the lines of "Applicant" as a mask on your Alliance Affiliation.  In turn, people can still fly your flag under "Pending" status which would identify them as either a ghost or an applicant.

Pretty simple really.  Either you appoint an IA person to head your applicant AA or create something along the lines of "Applicant" as a mask on your Alliance Affiliation.  In turn, people can still fly your flag under "Pending" status which would identify them as either a ghost or an applicant.

I'm not sure there's much of a need for an applicant AA with the new system.  I mean if the whole point of an applicant AA is to reduce the number of ghosts on the regular AA, then the new system's membership approval feature takes care of that without the need for an applicant AA.

not entirely sure applicant AAs are needed. when people request to join your AA, it just says pending on their alliance affiliation field. That should be enough

If I can't read through the crapton of pages in this thread, I doubt Admin will find it desirable either, so I'll lay my post out the best I can.

Please implement these changes, however please:

• Give us an exact date you plan to implement this

• In TE there is "peace mode" during the first day that causes no economic penalties. During this time, it gives nations a grace period for their AA leaders to register the AA, and approve their membership in-game. I request that you give us this, but extend it to 7 days like it is when you create your nation in SE.

The system in AA system in TE is superior, but shorten the transition headache by letting us plan ahead.

EDIT: Also, I see that there is a list of AA leaders in hopes you can implement this change without resetting anything. Please consider the above requests if this cannot be done.

Edited by Samwise

The new additions look good, but as some people pointed out, this will create more problems than it intends to solve. In all honesty, ghost issues can be taken care of rather quickly. All of the coding it will take to solve that issue (and partly to "trim" the semi-inactives from the game) isn't worth it.

applicant AA would help separate ghosts from recruits.

not entirely sure applicant AAs are needed. when people request to join your AA, it just says pending on their alliance affiliation field. That should be enough

Agreed. I'm just playing TE now for the first time since the 2nd or 3rd round, so I don't have personal experience with these tools - but I believe someone mentioned a few pages back that the leader has the ability to kick [approve/kick/ban/something or other] from the AA, this would take the difficulty of ghostbusting down to a single mouseclick. Edited by Rayvon

If we can avoid the reset problem, I'd vote yes... otherwise, I just see a bunch of peaceful alliances who log in to infra farm on a non-daily basis being effectively removed from the game once everyone gets set to "none" -- it'd create a global chaos in SE that would cause the one thing to happen that we don't want to see: our already dwindling numbers drop further.

Without a doubt it's a better alliance management system, but the reset is very worrisome for player retention.

yeah, just wanted to say that i am for the changes, given that admin comes through with no reset.

Voted no, but agree with this.

If we can avoid the reset problem, I'd vote yes... otherwise, I just see a bunch of peaceful alliances who log in to infra farm on a non-daily basis being effectively removed from the game once everyone gets set to "none" -- it'd create a global chaos in SE that would cause the one thing to happen that we don't want to see: our already dwindling numbers drop further.

Without a doubt it's a better alliance management system, but the reset is very worrisome for player retention.

Agreed. This is what I worry about as many of my nations are people who check every 20 days or so, and this would make them delete...

Ok at this point it looks like the community supports this change by about 2 to 1. Unless a major vote turnout comes in and changes things, this update is going to happen.

The biggest concern seems to be how it is implemented. I've realized that in order to do this alliances will need to be migrated (nothing gets reset). I've got all the data for alliances in the game database, but what I don't have are alliance leaders. I've replied to a PM from EgoFreaky about this but I'm going to go ahead and put my response to him out here, in case someone can assist further with this effort.

If I could get the alliance leaders for each alliance then we *should* be able to do this without resetting anything.

Would this solve the purging as well? Or just the leadership issue? I mean I just want to make sure.

Also, I know your message said that anyone "not the rightful leader shall be handled accordingly" or something along those lines. What if another member tries to seize control of the alliance by way of a coup? Would admin be the one to settle an internal dispute?

Though I love the idea of a viceroy :D it'd shake things up for sure and give a spin from all the white peace.

Finally. If the reset issue is resolves I'm 100% for this