Do you want the TE alliance feature in SE?

admin

Do you want the TE alliance system in SE?  

404 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Without knowing how the coding is set up, a simple join table or even export/replace/import should be able to keep the AA's and seniority.

If we could get that, and an easy way for an existing leader to transfer to a new leader without Admin or Mod intervention, and I'm all for the change!

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No point reading any other arguments these several pages in here, I saw Goldie's whining at the beginning and that was enough to placate me. I'm sold, this feature must be implemented. Make him whine more.

What if someone's leader(s) is/are without internet for a few days? Would ownership by another government member be considered a violation? Or is it strictly for people who are not government and should not have ownership of the AA? (sorry if this was already asked but I don't feel like wading through several pages atm)

Maybe it's not misconceptions, rather a suspicion that these potential pitfalls aren't as simply solved as you're saying. TE and SE are very different. You can consider multiple possibilities before getting snarky.

They are not very different.  AA's are the same thing in TE as they are in SE.  As someone else pointed out, admin would have to change a couple things around, but that doesn't mean that the AA system would be different.

I support the change, have concerns with the implementation. How about this:

Change all AAs to None if that is necessary to implement the TE system.

Put all nations in Peace Mode, but suspend the happiness penalty for a period of time, say 7 days or whatever seems reasonable. After that time the penalty is reinstated at whatever level they would normally be. That way actives could rejoin their alliance then switch back to war mode without penalty. Semi-actives that miss the deadline will take a hit but at least they'll be protected. Nations at war before the switch would be forced out of peace mode at the deadline.

And everybody will be Happy, Happy, Happy.

They are not very different.  AA's are the same thing in TE as they are in SE.  As someone else pointed out, admin would have to change a couple things around, but that doesn't mean that the AA system would be different.

TE is a short term war simulator, SE is a long term political simulator. One has 800 players, the other 13000 players. They are culturally vastly different. AA tools are needed on TE because of the nature of short term play - only enthusiastic daily players play TE - SE players ignore their nations for days or weeks at a time.

Heck, I wonder how many PM's autodelete unread in SE everyday.

But ghosting/on-AA rogues have always played a part in SE. TE can do without that, as it's a war game anyway.

TE is a short term war simulator, SE is a long term political simulator. One has 800 players, the other 13000 players. They are culturally vastly different. AA tools are needed on TE because of the nature of short term play - only enthusiastic daily players play TE - SE players ignore their nations for days or weeks at a time.

Heck, I wonder how many PM's autodelete unread in SE everyday.

The culture and implementation of this system have nothing to do with the other.  

The autodelete of PM's would be solved by having AA announcements. (Though, if a player is inactive, I'm not sure they'll read the AA announcement either.  But again, it doesn't have any merit in implementing this system or not.)

This is a great change because the pros outweigh the cons. This gets rid of the need for ghost busting, comms and applicant AA's all of which are mundane parts of the game that aren't worth anything. 

Even if you can't reset the alliance seniority stats then the pros still outweigh the cons.

The changes intrigue me overall. But something has to be done about seniority. I know that some alliances use seniority in their own assignment of honors. Additionally, why would we ever consider taking away an acknowledgement of loyalty to one's AA? Some time needs to be taken to fix that and to smooth transition for nations. Until then i vote no.

The changes intrigue me overall. But something has to be done about seniority. I know that some alliances use seniority in their own assignment of honors. Additionally, why would we ever consider taking away an acknowledgement of loyalty to one's AA? Some time needs to be taken to fix that and to smooth transition for nations. Until then i vote no.

Have a cumulative AA mark on people's profile page to show how long they were in each AA.

A Mark of what Alliances they have been in over their CN career if you will. Edited by Stewie

Ok at this point it looks like the community supports this change by about 2 to 1. Unless a major vote turnout comes in and changes things, this update is going to happen.

The biggest concern seems to be how it is implemented. I've realized that in order to do this alliances will need to be migrated (nothing gets reset). I've got all the data for alliances in the game database, but what I don't have are alliance leaders. I've replied to a PM from EgoFreaky about this but I'm going to go ahead and put my response to him out here, in case someone can assist further with this effort.

What would help me, and what would probably be most effective, would be to have someone start a thread in the OWF to list all the alliance owners names and keep the thread updated as alliances report in. I, unfortunately do not have time to manage such a thread, but if you're willing to, or know someone who can that would be the best place to start.

If I could get the alliance leaders for each alliance then we *should* be able to do this without resetting anything.

Ok at this point it looks like the community supports this change by about 2 to 1. Unless a major vote turnout comes in and changes things, this update is going to happen.

The biggest concern seems to be how it is implemented. I've realized that in order to do this alliances will need to be migrated (nothing gets reset). I've got all the data for alliances in the game database, but what I don't have are alliance leaders. I've replied to a PM from EgoFreaky about this but I'm going to go ahead and put my response to him out here, in case someone can assist further with this effort.

If I could get the alliance leaders for each alliance then we *should* be able to do this without resetting anything.

Is it possible to extent the permissions to more than one single person? Having a "root" founder of some sorts, and then being able to give other Ministers/Leaders permissions too?

Haven't played TE myself, so not sure what this change actually entails.

what the Orange alliances are doing is very good, but not every color sphere has the same level of cooperation. from early reactions it looks like several of my fellow Maroon alliance inhabatints are in fact looking at this as an opportunity to do the very thing Orange is attempting to prevent. just because your alliance is able to handle this you have decided its not an issue. think about it from the perspective of an alliance leader on Black ,Maroon, Purple or the leaders of a neutral alliance.

i could see this directly leading to a 5%+ member deletion rate in alliances like GPA, WTF and TDO.

There was zero cooperation in Orange until today. Just sayin'.

you want to change the system that less than 1/3 of the players from SE plays to cause chaos. alliances large and small will suffer for it. If you want this game to survive then don't make the change.

The game will certainly die otherwise. 

Not.

If putting everyone on none is the only way to do it, just disable declare war option for a week or so after the change, so that the semi inactive aren't put at a disadvantage.

A drastic (but effective) solution.

No point reading any other arguments these several pages in here, I saw Goldie's whining at the beginning and that was enough to placate me. I'm sold, this feature must be implemented. Make him whine more.

xD

This is worth it just for drama its already causing. 

Seconded.

Awesome, thanks admin.

Well if you are going to be all reasonable and stuff...carry on then.

Is it possible to extent the permissions to more than one single person? Having a "root" founder of some sorts, and then being able to give other Ministers/Leaders permissions too?

I believe there are already 'Manager' roles in TE.

But not 100% sure if they function how they should

EDIT:

Here's a screenshot of me editing a member of my alliance:

TE.png?w=AADvc1O_kgcglVhqc6YI3j41BIWudnG

Edited by Samus

Yes.  

They do what Rob was asking about.  They're able to accept and kick people from the AA. 

Edited by bcortell

Yes.  

They do what Rob was asking about.  They're able to accept and kick people from the AA. 

Thanks! :)