When all are one and one is all. To be a rock and not to roll.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummmm....
So...............
What is this meant to be? A treaty, a Doctrine, or something else?

:iamsoconfusion:

think of it as the vibrant coloring on an extremely poisonous south american frog.  the frog itself is not aggressive, and even its defense is neutral, but it has the coloring there so others know what's going to happen if they take a bite.

or, it's our way of saying that we really enjoy the company of NSO and that should something befall their prosperity, we would move to remedy it.

And yes, we will remain paperless, as the worth of paper around here has dropped to an embarrassing low anyway.  I think we at Kashmir expected confusion, disbelief, soiling of pants, etc, at the presentation of this concept, and accepted that we'd have to wait for a chance to test it out.

It's great when outside parties try to interpret things for the parties actually involved. It's a good measurement of having way too much time on your hands.

You mean when they read things posted intentionally in the Alliance Politics section of the forums?

If you don't want people to read and try to understand your announcements then... don't announce them.

The way this hits my eye, the OP is a stated DOCTRINE, not a document.

The presence of the signatures (below) indicate that NSO is "Down with the Doctrine." Cool.

Officially:
For the New Sith Order:
160px-NSOWhite.png

Rayvon
Emperor

Dilber
Dark Lord

KirstenMichelle
Sith Lord

nsodraftbod.png

The way this hits my eye, the OP is a stated DOCTRINE, not a document.

The presence of the signatures (below) indicate that NSO is "Down with the Doctrine." Cool.

The fact that I and my government, the one's responsible for NSO's decisions and obligations, acknowledge it with our signatures simply infers OUR dedication to it. You can call it Kashmir's Toilet Roll for I really care if it's gonna make your little mind feel better.

And whomever signs in behind us, can sign in whatever manner they choose should it be a simple acknowledgement or a signature block.

It's funny how choices work.

Edited by Rayvon

The fact that I and my government, the one's responsible for NSO's decisions and obligations, acknowledge it with our signatures simply infers OUR dedication to it. You can call it Kashmir's Toilet Roll for I really care if it's gonna make your little mind feel better.

And whomever signs in behind us, can sign in whatever manner they choose should it be a simple acknowledgement or a signature block.

It's funny how choices work.

There it is. Kashmir's Toilet Roll, ladies and gentlemen.

Hail Kashmir!

And yes, we will remain paperless, as the worth of paper around here has dropped to an embarrassing low anyway.  I think we at Kashmir expected confusion, disbelief, soiling of pants, etc, at the presentation of this concept, and accepted that we'd have to wait for a chance to test it out.

And this is one of the reasons I enjoying hanging out with you all, you're fun. :popcorn:

Gentlemen's agreement imo

Yes.

Well, ummmm....
Translation to simple english would be good :/

NSO and Kashmir have agreed to promote each other's prosperity through whatever means seem appropriate.  This can mean many things.

You mean when they read things posted intentionally in the Alliance Politics section of the forums?

If you don't want people to read and try to understand your announcements then... don't announce them.

I think some people gave it the old college try, and some people set at it with their dissection kits.  Can't please everyone, but if you're still confused, NSO and Kashmir have announced that they're friends.

1) This means that Kashmir will not cause injury to NSO and vice versa.

2) This means that Kashmir can cause injury to anyone who decreases the prosperity of NSO, and vise versa.

Pretty simple.  It's founded on honor, which is why NSO was such a good fit.  I personally feel there is more honor in this agreement than most of the Defense Pacts still standing out there.

Thank you mattski133, I think most of the people making observations were simply trying to gain a better understanding of the OP. I certainly didn't come here to blast anyone, or be blasted. Your candor is appreciated.

The very best to both parties! :)

I've never understand why people do these things. It's similar to everyone same cookie cutter alliance announcing how different they are.

Almost everyone realizes treaties without an emotional commitment is useless. No, you're not special for realizing it. No you're not better than the rest of us for saying you're going to sign only ODPs, or you're only going to defend who you want, or that you will sign no treaties and direct your foreign policy on a case by case basis. It does not change the way you fundamentally do business.

Thanks for announcing your public private doctrine publically though. It gives me something to read and bitch about during lunch time.

Well, ummmm....

It's really not that complicated.

But that would take away all the confusion that posting it would/did create.

o/ us

o/ them

And after all we're only ordinary men.

Hail Kashmir!

And this is one of the reasons I enjoying hanging out with you all, you're fun. :popcorn:

Sup Javahouse?  :awesome:

Well, ummmm....

Anyone who managed to defeat the beast that is high school would recognize this as simple english. 

Oh no, I want people to read and understand the announcement. But, I find it bothersome when they try to tell me what it is or what it means. We know what it is and what it means, we wrote the thing. 

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Our intent here was to publicly state the feelings shared between the NSO and Kashmir, that is all. Sorry for the head scratching.

I've never understand why people do these things. It's similar to everyone same cookie cutter alliance announcing how different they are.

Almost everyone realizes treaties without an emotional commitment is useless. No, you're not special for realizing it. No you're not better than the rest of us for saying you're going to sign only ODPs, or you're only going to defend who you want, or that you will sign no treaties and direct your foreign policy on a case by case basis. It does not change the way you fundamentally do business.

Thanks for announcing your public private doctrine publically though. It gives me something to read and bitch about during lunch time.

I guess we'll see?  I prefer not being told how to run my alliance the minute my treaties force me into a coalition, led by some DUDE I've rarely interacted with, and I'm sure there are people who feel the same way.

Think of the trees.

NSO and I have had our differences in the past but, despite the best efforts of those that will hate NSO for whatever it does, I believe this is a step in the right direction. 

I have advocated something like this in most alliances I have been in, there is no reason a formal treaty is needed. If someone does wrong you should be able to defend them. If you choose not to have any treaties, you shouldn't have to be neutral or fear being attacked.