LoSSes to be had

andyt2k

The existence of an actual DoW on GOONs by you and whoever else declared on them is almost sure to draw the ire of NG.

Just to summarise our situation vis-a-vis formal vs informal declarations of war, the list comprising the former only includes NPL, LoSS and Ai thus far.

The latter group includes nations from NADC, NPO, NATO, RIA, GOD who have hit us without a formal DoW, but obviously we recognise we're at war with these guys as well.

Throw in the usual few rogues and a Legion nation doing some ghost-busting and that's it.

e: To the OP, welcome to the fight. I hope your top tier dudes decide to come out and party at some point when I get down to their level, it'd be good to exorcise some of that old GOONS-Trashcan angst that's been simmering away quietly for years  :D

e2:

LOSS! LOSS! LOSS! LOSS! LoSS will again stomp GOONS!

Again? I don't honestly remember a first time but hey if you do, more power to you, buddy ;)

e3:

Bring it, TRASH CAN.

ilu, dear leader :wub:

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am not being funny, but... you guys in GATO ripping into LoSS right now are burning bridges. we have not refused to help you, and it was always in my intentions to provide what help we could to you when requested. like allies.

you all seem to be butthurt because we followed a different path onto a different side of the web and hence so the war. i've taked to Laser about this within the last 2 days, and we both came into agreement with what we was doing. were both in a bind, before and after this declaration of war.

but you guys are not helping at all. even worse your causing embarassment. the actions in this thread is now going to come back and bite us all in the arse...

01:19 Laser|GATO[afk] evening
01:20 chedab haha early mornign
01:20 chedab wow i mispelt that
01:20 chedab morning*
01:20 chedab anyways hi?
01:20 Laser|GATO[afk] lol
01:20 chedab lol im tired
01:20 Laser|GATO[afk] it's all good
01:21 Laser|GATO[afk] i can't remember if any of my staff has talked with you guys about the war
01:21 Laser|GATO[afk] i've in and out and am now sick
01:21 chedab not specifically
01:21 Laser|GATO[afk] so my memory is a bit fuzzy
01:21 chedab well not to me either way
01:21 chedab maybe to andy or some1?
01:22 Laser|GATO[afk] sighs
01:22 Laser|GATO[afk] sorry about this
01:22 Laser|GATO[afk] maybe someone talked to andy
01:22 chedab its cool
01:22 chedab i liked it
01:22 Laser|GATO[afk] anywho i'm just trying to get a feel from our other allies who are not involved in the war yet
01:22 Laser|GATO[afk] where you all stand
01:22 chedab ahh i see
01:22 chedab well
01:22 chedab were very much on the eve of entering
01:23 chedab via TIO
01:23 Laser|GATO[afk] nods
01:23 chedab however if you need help?
01:23 chedab i can see if i can pull much out of the bag
01:24 Laser|GATO[afk] i gotcha. right now i don't what we'll need. either tonight or tomorrow night we'll know about counters
01:24 chedab right...
01:24 Laser|GATO[afk] seems there quite a few people who wouldn't mind hitting us.
01:24 chedab
01:24 chedab is that why your 3/4 in peace mode?
01:25 Laser|GATO[afk] we have a strategy behind that
01:25 chedab ahh ok
01:25 Laser|GATO[afk] and i really can't talk about it outside of CnG
01:25 chedab i wont ask specifics
01:25 Laser|GATO[afk] i hope you understand and i mean no offense
01:25 chedab yeah we understand
01:26 Laser|GATO[afk] now if we need you to help us........
01:26 Laser|GATO[afk] lol
01:26 Laser|GATO[afk] sorry my fever is making bad jokes
01:27 chedab lol
01:27 chedab well...
01:27 chedab were trufully looking at entry by monday
01:28 chedab via a specific situation
01:28 chedab so we could be a bit stuck
01:28 chedab ...
01:28 Laser|GATO[afk] i totally understand
01:28 chedab but i will consider everything and anything
01:28 chedab lol
01:28 Laser|GATO[afk] roger that
01:28 chedab i dont wanna leave anyone out on a limb
01:28 Laser|GATO[afk] right
01:28 Laser|GATO[afk] and we don't want to put anyone in a bind
01:28 chedab yeah
01:29 chedab alright
01:29 chedab so basically all i can say now is
01:30 chedab actually im not sure what i can say
01:30 chedab i really cant promise anything truthfully
01:30 Laser|GATO[afk] i totally understand
01:30 chedab but i dont like leaving anyone on a overhang
01:30 Laser|GATO[afk] we know the situation you guys are in b/c we are in it ourselves
01:30 Laser|GATO[afk] right
01:30 Laser|GATO[afk] same here
01:30 chedab yeahh
01:31 chedab so if i can just say "maybe" to any requests
01:31 chedab and leave a final answer
01:31 chedab after discussion?
01:31 chedab if that would be fine
01:31 chedab and this depend on what happens within the next 48 hours...
01:31 Laser|GATO[afk] that sounds like a plan
01:32 chedab ok
01:32 chedab cheers
01:32 Laser|GATO[afk] have a good one and get some sleep
01:32 chedab ok ill leave it at that
01:32 chedab haha willdo
01:32 chedab i suppose
01:32 Laser|GATO[afk] you are all good
01:32 chedab or ill just nacker myself out
01:32 Laser|GATO[afk] no worries

sorry laser for the release of a specific log.

** edits were spelling corrections**

Edited by chedab

You may have just pissed off Manis_B and Dre4m as well...I forget which was told that you guys didn't care to fight for us. Hopefully they have logs too. Then again they're not the type to log dump. Like I said I'd love to see us cancel. This further reinforces that. I don't really think LoSS is an important bridge...not anymore anyway. Not after this display. Embarrassment indeed.

Edit>> Oh and as I've stated eleventeen times now...I don't care you are on the other side of the war. Check our position on the web minus CnG......look familiar? The whole key to my disgust is you allowing yourselves to be caught up in the bullshit attack one attack all craze going on over there and instead of just citing the oA's that you really used to hit GOONs...you try to claim defense of TIO.....who hasn't been touched.....Hey wanna oA in on our side? Have at whoever you want. You apparently don't care how treaties really work anyway.

Edited by magicninja

Trash can gov really doesn't get it? MDoAP with GATO vs. oA oA oA Chain to hit us GOONS. You picked option #2, and can't tell why that's wrong? Welp, back to making you irrelevant for another 5 years.

What is your point? It was GATO's decision to join C&G, and to align itself with DH. But it should have known (and I'm sure it was aware) that other allies were uncomfortable with the DH chain, and would choose to fight on the other side given a choice of treaty chains. That is what non-chaining treaties are for.

What is your point? It was GATO's decision to join C&G, and to align itself with DH. But it should have known (and I'm sure it was aware) that other allies were uncomfortable with the DH chain, and would choose to fight on the other side given a choice of treaty chains. That is what non-chaining treaties are for.

Indeed, as I have said many times before. The issue I have isn't with their other ties or who they chose to fight for. Maybe that is the issue for some around the OWF but its not for GATO.

It makes me feel better knowing that GOONS will never be allied to NATO if you truly think giving an oA chain precedence over a MDoAP treaty is the right way to do things.

E: What ninja said, it's how it was done that is the issue, not that it was done.

Edited by Do Not Fear Jazz

Indeed, as I have said many times before. The issue I have isn't with their other ties or who they chose to fight for. Maybe that is the issue for some around the OWF but its not for GATO.

So you don't have a problem with their actions, but you are advocating to cancel because of the wording that LoSS used in its DoW?

It makes me feel better knowing that GOONS will never be allied to NATO if you truly think giving an oA chain precedence over a MDoAP treaty is the right way to do things.

E: What ninja said, it's how it was done that is the issue, not that it was done.

Did you bother to read the treaty before posting?

"If either kitteh became involved in a conflict via other treaties with other alliances or blocs, the kitteh is still encouraged, but not obligated to provide economic and military assistance."

So you don't have a problem with their actions, but you are advocating to cancel because of the wording that LoSS used in its DoW?

"If either kitteh became involved in a conflict via other treaties with other alliances or blocs, the kitteh is still encouraged, but not obligated to provide economic and military assistance."

You literally cannot be this thick headed. Trash Can used a oA chain to come in "defense" of an alliance that hasn't been touched by GOONS. If they're willing to lie to enter a war (they only entered after thinking your side will win (which is laughable in itself)), why would you want them as allies?

Am I missing something, because I didn't think anyone hit GATO? Though even if they did, the non-chaining clause would be relevant in this case, making it a case of oD.

I'm not talking about anyone hitting GATO.

Oh, this is about the way LoSS planned it in advance, yeah, I'm caught up now :P

Well, liking someone but not wanting to fight for their allies is why non-chaining exists, though this is a bit if a stretch. If we win, it won't matter, and if you guys win, then it'll be an example of how our side was so awful right up until you or one of your allies needs to use it, just like the whole hit one, hit all thing has been for us, but that's CN :awesome:

I would like to thank LoSS for donating two nations to my defensive war slots who have a collective 30 mill between them, no airforces, and no nukes. Please have them collect as often as possible so I can focus on Timberland. Thank you.

The leader of an Alliance hanging out at 8kNS with 20 something wonders. Bravery like yours is inspiring. 

They can join EQ all they want. I was told that was their plan from the beginning and I never expected their help. So be it. C'mon though...defense of TIO. I love my allies but goddamn why do this to yourself and enter against the side of a longtime friend and ally...remember we and LoSS go way way way back...way back...by bastardizing and say you are defending TIO when you are clearly not? I still haven't got an answer of why they thought it was ok or important for them to do so. 

4 shah: I went and dug up that ODN on CoJ dec. I agree that ODN hit on the oA part of their pact. Here's the kicker. ODN was attacking an alliance who was at war with a direct treaty partner. They didn't say they declared in defense of MK and then hit an alliance MK wasn't even engaged with. I think there is a pretty large fundamental difference there. Still ODN shame on you for just not calling it oA. Sneaky devils you.

None of our allies have been attacked Seeing as five alliance went to war with Umbrella, all the counters have been on AI, this has been to limit the number of allies that can come in, via this exact same arguement. Normally some people would hit each of the alliances at war with their ally, DH however didn't want other alliances coming in and beating them down. GATO went into peace mode then went in aggressively, if someone had attacked them, then we would have come to defend them, if any of our allies had been attacked we would have defended them, like we always have. War is a part of life, this isn't about being a meat shield, or picking one ally over another. This is just the way Bob, no need for petty personal attacks on LoSS, just accept it and move on