LoSSes to be had

andyt2k

It's bawing just to
say such a thing, because it isn't in any way sense or possible
interpretation anywhere near unprecedented. Far more overwhelming
'dogpiles' have been routine in Cn and I dont recall you ever objecting
until now.

It's unprecedented in terms of the number of alliances participating in it. It's a point of pride, so I'm not sure how you equate it with complaining.

As for our previous actions, we're not the world police and we roll with our allies. Sometimes there are objections and wars are stopped. Sometimes there are not enough and the wars carry forward when they shouldn't. I accept that and I also accept that we're now on the wrong end of a dogpile because of it. That said, under our watch, no alliance has been forced to war for over a year to gain peace. No alliance has had their leadership ripped from them and replaced with their conquerors. No alliance has been forced to swear an oath to their conquerors and no alliance has ceased to exist under threat of permanent war.

Perhaps my sense of morality was warped by the transgressions of Pacifica. Perhaps my hope was destroyed with Orrple. Whatever the case, we will fight. We will make you pay for every ounce of vengeance you seek. Your justice will be costly in this war, and it will be costlier still after.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's unprecedented in terms of the number of alliances participating in it. It's a point of pride, so I'm not sure how you equate it with complaining.

As for our previous actions, we're not the world police and we roll with our allies. Sometimes there are objections and wars are stopped. Sometimes there are not enough and the wars carry forward when they shouldn't. I accept that and I also accept that we're now on the wrong end of a dogpile because of it. That said, under our watch, no alliance has been forced to war for over a year to gain peace. No alliance has had their leadership ripped from them and replaced with their conquerors. No alliance has been forced to swear an oath to their conquerors and no alliance has ceased to exist under threat of permanent war.

Perhaps my sense of morality was warped by the transgressions of Pacifica. Perhaps my hope was destroyed with Orrple. Whatever the case, we will fight. We will make you pay for every ounce of vengeance you seek. Your justice will be costly in this war, and it will be costlier still after.

Sure you can say all the things Pacifica did that DH did not do. But there are a lot of things Pacifica did that DH has done, that require a debt to be collected from them.

Sure you can say all the things Pacifica did that DH did not do. But there are a lot of things Pacifica did that DH has done, that require a debt to be collected from them.

"Pacifica was worse than DH, but DH was mean to me, so we're going to attack DH and let Pacifica return to power because that should be better"

wat.

"Pacifica was worse than DH, but DH was mean to me, so we're going to attack DH and let Pacifica return to power because that should be better"

wat.

As long as we're not as bad as Pacifica, but still bad, its ok.

wat.

Also, a GOON trying to moralist

wat. Edited by supercoolyellow

As long as we're not as bad as Pacifica, but still bad, its ok.

wat.

Also, a GOON trying to moralist

wat.

We have a robust set of alliance based morals which we take very seriously.

We have almost no morals at all with regards to individuals.

For example, you were able to seek peace with us.  That was a very moral act on our part.  That is pretty much the maximum extent of our individual morality.

VVVV OOC: I see a pony avatar, your argument is invalid. VVVV

Edited by Sardonic

How quaint. I see nothing more than a collection of completely irrelevant lines of argumentation the outcome of which will have no bearing on the course of this conflict. Did loss enter the war to defend TIO? Who really cares? Does a 'dogpile' fall under the heading of 'strategy'? This is academic. Is sigrun taking this way too seriously? Probably. Are magicninja's tears delicious? Of course.

Perhaps this tired mantra is the death of thought, but thought has been dead here for sometime - let's just fight and try to enjoy each other while we can.

Edited by iamthey