LoSSes to be had

andyt2k

The "other side" is totally outnumbered.

They were outplayed, outmanuevered and now they're outgunned. 

The Dogpiling which is no stranger to Bob is a result of failures and been outplayed. 

Nobody really knows what is required to get the job done, but the more the merrier. 

Going back to my basketall analyogy, claiming a team of 5 players is outplayed by a team who has 20 players on the court at any given time and can sub them in and out at will without resorting to time outs isn't really outplaying anyone. 

Dogpiling isn't outplaying, its dogpiling.

But meh, you clearly don't get it. 

Hope you guys brought your gatorade, you're gonna need it :D

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlike a great many in your coalition, when faced with odds like these, we fight.  We will not hdie in peace for the duration of this war, but rather we will fight it and meet you head on.

How many in your coalition can say the same? 

Not many, considering some in your coalition have faced much less odds than these and hid in peace for the whole fight.

Speaking from experience, I don't recommend the facing it head on approach. Fighting against the odds is depressing. Knowing that no matter what you do, how many GA's you win or nukes you land that the other guy has 10 people behind eager to take their place and has all but unlimited aid flowing into their nation isn't any fun. The longer it goes on the more your nation gets destroyed and the more your warchest bleeds away. It's all just time and the more time you spend doing it the less fun it is. It's especially depressing when you know you're fighting people who've sold infra to be able to hit you, that there's no way out of it but surrender.

Going back to my basketall analyogy, claiming a team of 5 players is outplayed by a team who has 20 players on the court at any given time and can sub them in and out at will without resorting to time outs isn't really outplaying anyone. 

Dogpiling isn't outplaying, its dogpiling.

But meh, you clearly don't get it. 

Hope you guys brought your gatorade, you're gonna need it :D

I think his point is that part of the strategy is uniting numbers behind you. That is true, however leading angry fools to vengeance makes one an opportunist, not a strategist nor a leader. Does the inciter of a lynch mob out-strategize the man they aim to hang or does he simply take advantage of a favourable environment?

Declare on me, I'll show you how much better we are. You'll learn just like the two morons in TRASH CAN that declared and still have yet to launch a GA because their odds are so low.

Not sure how someone is a moron because they aren't attacking because their odds are low, but okay. Seems like the smart thing to do. Anyway, you sound really tough and scary, and you must be a really strong guy. You've certainly scared me. Polar has quite a few slots to spare, I'll see what we can do.

GOONS ain't about that life.

Dogpiling on alliances on us is not outplaying us.  Thats like saying a basketball team of 20 outplays a basketball team of 5. 

We haven't been outplayed, people have mad their choices and we have made ours. 

Throwing
more alliances on us is not outplaying us, and the fact that you need
so many just to take us on speaks of who is capable of outplaying who.

Being outplayed politically is what got you into this situation. You were outplayed by AI and NPO strategists and there's no way around that. There wouldn't be so many alliances jumping in on you if the chance wasn't there.

If you want a basketball analogy, you've got Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippin, and Brian Scalabrine vs. the rest of the NBA. Good luck.

Speaking from experience, I don't recommend the facing it head on approach. Fighting against the odds is depressing. Knowing that no matter what you do, how many GA's you win or nukes you land that the other guy has 10 people behind eager to take their place and has all but unlimited aid flowing into their nation isn't any fun. The longer it goes on the more your nation gets destroyed and the more your warchest bleeds away. It's all just time and the more time you spend doing it the less fun it is. It's especially depressing when you know you're fighting people who've sold infra to be able to hit you, that there's no way out of it but surrender.

I totally disagree with this. Such odds are when alliances are at their most innovative. Such odds are when you determine the true strength of the communities you've built. Such odds are what you look back on knowing that survival is assured no matter the situation. To live unprepared to face defeat is the best way to ensure it. I fight on because I know the core of our community will stand firm regardless of the odds.

Not sure how someone is a moron because they aren't attacking because their odds are low, but okay. Seems like the smart thing to do. Anyway, you sound really tough and scary, and you must be a really strong guy. You've certainly scared me. Polar has quite a few slots to spare, I'll see what we can do.

What's the problem? I don't want a random polar, I want you to set up to the plate. Show the world your money where your mouth is or stop spouting off non-sense. 

You have 0 wars, "an attack on one is an attack on all", so counter me and declare. What's the issue? Besides the fact that you were obviously going to call in a larger nation better suited to taking me down then re-buff your "GOONS R BAD @ WAR" posts.

What's the problem? I don't want a random polar, I want you to set up to the plate. Show the world your money where your mouth is or stop spouting off non-sense. 

You have 0 wars, "an attack on one is an attack on all", so counter me and declare. What's the issue? Besides the fact that you were obviously going to call in a larger nation better suited to taking me down then re-buff your "GOONS R BAD @ WAR" posts.

Oh no, my pixels. Yeah, I clearly care about them and have never fought a war before, let alone spent three years being attacked constantly, or anything.

You quote an attack on one is an attack on all, but I have never said that. I am a member of Polar, and if they want to attack GOONS, I'll see you there.

In the meantime, please continue being a tough guy. You just might scare me, but good luck. I'd have some slots if ODN and TLR weren't in mass peace mode, or if your side could muster up some alliances to counter us. Good luck with that, though.

Edit: You also attacked an AI guy with 0 tech. Talk about looking for a soft target.

Edited by Starfox101

Oh no, my pixels. Yeah, I clearly care about them and have never fought a war before, let alone spent three years being attacked constantly, or anything.

You quote an attack on one is an attack on all, but I have never said that. I am a member of Polar, and if they want to attack GOONS, I'll see you there.

In the meantime, please continue being a tough guy. You just might scare me, but good luck. I'd have some slots if ODN and TLR weren't in mass peace mode, or if your side could muster up some alliances to counter us. Good luck with that, though.

There wouldn't be a shortage of slots if your side wasn't so scared of DH that they had to come up with the biggest dogpile imaginable, but oh well, I enjoy it. I'll fight you sooner or later.

There wouldn't be a shortage of slots if your side wasn't so scared of DH that they had to come up with the biggest dogpile imaginable, but oh well, I enjoy it. I'll fight you sooner or later.

I'm pretty sure the dogpile was on CnG, but hey, I wouldn't expect you to understand the difference.

MK hasn't been countered, and GOONS has been hit by two people. Man, what a dogpile.

"There wouldn't be a shortage of slots if your side wasn't so scared of
DH that they had to come up with the biggest dogpile imaginable"

Would that be what we call precision these days?

What side is CnG on in this war?

The DH side.

Come on man, it's not that hard to figure out.

What side is CnG on in this war?

The DH side.

Come on man, it's not that hard to figure out.

So you're saying an attack on one is an attack on all?

I'm sorry for assuming that when you literally said DH, you were referring to CnG, not DH.

"There wouldn't be a shortage of slots if your side wasn't so scared of
DH that they had to come up with the biggest dogpile imaginable"

Would that be what we call precision these days?

He is saying that your side is afraid of DH and therefore dogpiling someone who is not DH in order to avoid a conflict with DH. You were able to make sense of Prodigal Chieftain at one point, so this should be pretty simple for you.

He is saying that your side is afraid of DH and therefore dogpiling someone who is not DH in order to avoid a conflict with DH. You were able to make sense of Prodigal Chieftain at one point, so this should be pretty simple for you.

I understand he is on your side, and therefore you must defend him, but no. He was implying that we used too many alliances to attack because we are afraid, and that is why there are no slots.

If we have so many alliances to take up every single slot on CnG, why would we be afraid of GOONS (Not at all known for war prowess) and MK? Umbrella is already heavily covered, the scariest of the three.

Make some sense of it.

Oh, and don't hate on PC. He was the man.

Edited by Starfox101

You'd think so, but I guess time truly does wear on the mind.

Being outplayed politically is what got you into this situation. You were outplayed by AI and NPO strategists and there's no way around that. There wouldn't be so many alliances jumping in on you if the chance wasn't there.

If you want a basketball analogy, you've got Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippin, and Brian Scalabrine vs. the rest of the NBA. Good luck.

Being outplayed politically is not what happened here, being hated is, and eventually your enemies will start to work together.

And I'll take Jordan and Pippin any day of the week.

I understand he is on your side, and therefore you must defend him, but no. He was implying that we used too many alliances to attack because we are afraid, and that is why there are no slots.

If we have so many alliances to take up every single slot on CnG, why would we be afraid of GOONS (Not at all known for war prowess) and MK? Umbrella is already heavily covered, the scariest of the three.

Make some sense of it.

Oh, and don't hate on PC. He was the man.

He's saying that he has slots open and wants you to take one. He's then stating that this would be possible if you had declared on DH directly instead of dogpiling on CnG.

It's not the clearest format ever, but the fact that he's saying he has slots open makes it ridiculous to interpret him as complaining that too many people are dogpiling on his alliance.

I think his point is that part of the strategy is uniting numbers behind you. That is true, however leading angry fools to vengeance makes one an opportunist, not a strategist nor a leader. Does the inciter of a lynch mob out-strategize the man they aim to hang or does he simply take advantage of a favourable environment?

Right, like I said, dogpiling isn't being a winning strategist, its about getting the masses worked up and pointing them in a particular direction.  Does it work?  Sometimes, but to call it a strategy is an insult to all the strategists out there.

Being outplayed politically is not what happened here, being hated is, and eventually your enemies will start to work together.

And I'll take Jordan and Pippin any day of the week.

What about Jordan, Pippin, and Scalabrine vs. Durant, Lebron, Kobe, Chandler, Dirk, Holiday, Rondo, etc?

That's about what this is.